• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Oh.

You gaiz make it sound like it's the best thing evar.

Is it? :U

Silly Pixy. Those titles are reserved for things like Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, Vanishment, CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Gurren Lagann, and FMA: Brotherhood. Since no show will ever live up to these pinnacles of anime, we have to settle for talking about the most popular flavor of the season whose awesome quotient is probably no more than 50 when compared to the 100s of the aforementioned titles and will be forgotten the moment it ends and replaced with the next most popular flavor of the season. Just like every other season. :V

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Oh.

I have a personal vendetta against FotM things.

I'm more of a 'Timeless Classic' type person. :U

In related news, I saw Evangelion 2.0 two days ago.

In the theatres.

It was epic. :U

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    When i tried OP ages ago i also didn't like Naruto orBleach, I like both of those now so chances are i'll like One Piece. I was planning on trying it again after i finish Code Geass and Spice and Wolf.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I usually like the entertaining parts of stories as well ;). I've read a little of the manga and yeah for it's genre the art is nice. Compared to Bleach's Blandness and Naruto's stupid amount of toner i would say OP is superior.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    My favourite part of One Piece, outside of the fact that this can be readily summed up as a reconstruction of the Shonen Genre, it's characters have character, it knows what it wants to be and isn't in denial, it's funny, it uses it's art creatively, Oda foreshadows hundreds of chapters in advance, it blindsides you at random times, but my favourite part is that Oda knows exactly what he wants to do with his story. He wants to tell a story and the story just happens to be long. No one criticizes the Harry Potter books for being long. Seven Samurai was more than 3 hours long. Sometimes big stories take a long time to finish. He's already half done. It's not like he's spazzing to try to finish things and he isn't already foreshadowing the ending. He is in control. His story will be finished when he's finished. He isn't gonna make it long for the sake of being long (Naruto) and he actually cares about his creation, instead of being nonchalant and dragging his story out (BLEACH). He cares for his story and is willing to make it long. It seems to have paid off too. Best selling manga of all time is a pretty prestigious title. :U

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back