• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, I tried convincing some of my close friends, and one of them gave it a try. But she was told by someone else, and it turned out the manga she was reading, was actually a yaoi hentai.....and she showed me some of the pictures, because the way she was describing it was something similar to Kanokon and at the time I haven't read that manga.....god I regret looking a the pic x.x

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Agreed, anime will never really be an accepted entertainment form anywhere, I mean it's not even accepted widely in the nation they air.

Also, TWOGK is at one of my favourite arcs now.
    Spoiler:
    Season 2 really has been better than the first.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Has anyone seen Denpa Onna to Seishun? I'm planning on watch it soon and I just want to get some feedback on it. Oh and how about Baccano!

Years
  • People usually translate "Denpa Onna" as "Electromagnetic Wave Woman". I'd translate it as "Electromagnetic Wave Women". Seriously. All the chicks in this show are crazy. It's like Bakemonogatari plus Arakawa Under the Bridge. Mostly normal guy's interactions with crazy people.

Bacanno is just full of wonderful. Watch it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I gave my opinion on Denpa on your profile so I won't bother again.

Not seen Baccano! but it's always rated up there with Bebop and the other action big hitters so it's probably worth it. I've had this on my laptop forever but just haven't started it.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Touga, who'll do anyone as long as they have a hole
    Akio, who'll do anything as long as it has a hole

Baccano is high up there. I just kinda wish they'd do more of the novels at some point.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Touga, who'll do anyone as long as they have a hole
    Akio, who'll do anything as long as it has a hole

Baccano is high up there. I just kinda wish they'd do more of the novels at some point.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Baccano kind of reminded me of Pulp Fiction if it was set in the 30's

I loved Pulp Fiction, so I'd rec Baccano

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    To elaborate on Baccano, you'll probably hate it at first because you'll have no clue what's going on, but that should change as you watch.
    Ah, okay thanks for the input!

I'm mainly interested in it because it's based in Chicago, and I want to see how it's depicted. It should be pretty interesting, since I asked here and some other people and they all said they enjoyed it.

Years
  • Lucky Star isn't exactly the best thing to compare it to. While it does reference other shounen anime liberally, it's still a shounen anime in essence. Meh. I'll just let the fantard take over in explanation from here.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I would draw comparison to The Simpsons. You think it's just some silly, stupid parody thing. But then you get attached to the characters and that's when the creator can do whatever he wants with your emotions. He made me sad. :C

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Lucky Star isn't exactly the best thing to compare it to. While it does reference other shounen anime liberally, it's still a shounen anime in essence. Meh. I'll just let the fantard take over in explanation from here.

I would draw comparison to The Simpsons. You think it's just some silly, stupid parody thing. But then you get attached to the characters and that's when the creator can do whatever he wants with your emotions. He made me sad. :C

So it's more of a comedy anime than anything? Is it worth watching? I know it's ranked pretty highly on MAl tho.

Years
  • Exactly. Depends on whether or not you would dedicate about 30 initial episodes of slow character character development before the show goes full throttle. And by full throttle, I mean filler filler filler ARC filler filler filler ARC etc.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Exactly. Depends on whether or not you would dedicate about 30 initial episodes of slow character character development before the show goes full throttle. And by full throttle, I mean filler filler filler ARC filler filler filler ARC etc.
    Ah...I don't think I would really like that. Maybe when I have more free time, but not now. I'll put it on my to watch list tho.

Anyone like the series Denpa Onna?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not even sure if it's characer development in Gintama, it's more just you getting used to them. I've been watching it for months and I'm still not even half way through the first lot of episodes, still better than most comedy series out there so it's cool.

Also I'd say Gintama is nearest to Hayate no Gotoku! or strangely enough Cowboy Bebop imo(shoot me if you wan't).

Gotta love the random moments.
    Spoiler:

As for Denpa, I answered the other day I think. Ok but far from amazing, it's like Arakawa but worse with an annoying lead.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    /shoots Lapras.

Anyone seen Astarotte no Omocha? I haven't yet but the info on it is a bit odd....
    Synopsis:
    Spoiler:

Is it just me that thinks that it's a bit weird? I'm all for an ecchi anime, but this might just be too weird for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back