• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JadeX OU Team

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Overview :
    JadeX OU Team
    JadeX OU Team
    JadeX OU Team
    JadeX OU Team
    JadeX OU Team
    JadeX OU Team

JadeX OU Team

Infernape
    Naive
    Focus Sash
    252 Sp. Atk / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
    Fake Out
    Flame Thrower
    Close Combat
    Stealth Rock

Standard Infernape Lead which have proven itself capable of taking down opponent's lead (sometimes not setting up SR just to do that ) .
    1 HP + Blaze Flame Thrower
    Choose Flame Thrower instead of Fire Blast due to accuracy .

JadeX OU Team

Scizor
    Adamant
    Choice Band
    252 Atk / 244 HP / 12 Spe
    Bullet Punch
    Super Power
    Pursuit
    U-Turn

Standard CB Scizor . Speed of 12 just to outspeed opponent's Scizor ( 8 EV Speed Scizor is rather common nowdays I think ) . Nothing really much to say but Scizor is indeed a rather frightening pokemon .

JadeX OU Team

Dragonite
    Adamant
    Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Extreme Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Outrage

Adamant , 134 Atk , 252 EV Atk = High damage Extreme Speed .
    If possible , set up 1-2 Dragon Dance and tries following Salamence ' footstep .

JadeX OU Team

Lucario
    Adamant
    Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Extreme Speed
    Crunch
    Close Combat
    Sword Dance

Not sure who to put in to replace this slot ,but Lucario will do since it has a prior move (Extreme Speed) . Serves as a late-game sweeper .

JadeX OU Team

Heatran
    Naive
    Choice Scarf
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    Explosion
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Flame Thrower
    Earth Power

Choice Scarf Heatran is a really terrifying pokemon that just come out of nowhere and explodes or delivers a STAB flamethrower , HP-Grass against Swampert .

JadeX OU Team

Starmie
    Timid
    Life Orb
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Rapid Spin

Normal Surf + Bolt Beam combo pokemon .
    High Speed and sometimes ,the Rapid Spin is needed .

Overall, I think my team suffers badly from
    Agility Metagross though I haven't encountered one yet .
    1 Agility and the Metagross could sweep my entire team , so that's one weakness to work on .
    Zapdos too , looking through my team , I do not really know what kind of pokemon or attacks to use on Zapdos .

Pokemon to be taken out : Lucario
    Scarf Tyranitar , Agility/Scarf Gross , Gengar ?

So any advice or anything are welcome =D
    I really like PC because I think people like Wolfire , Dark Azelf and others who have helped out my team before , really helped improved my battling skills and also , the people here are friendly and by battling with them , I could really see the improvement in myself .

Last edited:

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Your team seems rather stable.

The threats youre worried about can easily be ruined by Tyranitar.

~Stone Edge on Zapdos.
    ~Crunch on Gengar.
    ~Earthquake to Lucario, 'gross, and opposing Tyranitar.

Maybe you could use a Dragon Dance set, seing as these three give you great coverage alone.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You have a pretty nice offensive team there, but there are quite a few threats that you have trouble with.

INFERNAPE

I'd give it max Speed or at least near max Speed so it can outspeed other Infernapes who don't run max Speed so you can Fake Out them.

DRAGONITE

Extremespeed is unneeded on the Dragon Dance set. You'll be faster than most things anyways, plus it provides no type coverage. Use Roost or Fire Blast.

I'd definitely replace either Lucario or Scizor since both are countered by the same things (Gyarados, Zapdos, maybe Rotom if you're using this on Shoddy) Scizor seems better for your team since it can scout, has a stronger Priority move and takes Dragon attacks far better than Lucario.

The same thing goes for Infernape and Heatran. It doubles the opportunity that threats like Gyarados can come in and set up. Infernape is more easily replaceable as there are plenty of good leads out there. I wouldn't replace Heatran itself since it provides good synergy with the rest of the team.
    Yeah, Gyarados can really trash your team since it has 4 Pokemon it can come in on.

Agility Metagross is NOT a threat to this team because it doesn't have a chance to switch in and set up. Most of your team can 2HKO or OHKO it with a single Attack.
    I'd worry more about Jolteon than Zapdos as one of your major threats. You have no Electric resist, so Specs Jolteon has a field day with your team. A Grass type can handle both Gyarados and Jolteon:

Celebi @Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    Natural Cure
    4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Leaf Storm
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -U-Turn/Trick

Roserade @Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    Natural Cure

-Leaf Storm
    -Sleep Powder
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Celebi is bulkier, can scout with U-Turn or shut down walls with Trick. However, it can't OHKO Jolteon or Gyarados with Leaf Storm after Steatlh Rock damage, which Roserade can do. Roserade can also absorb Toxic Spikes and put enemies to Sleep.

Either way you go, I'd change Heatran's set so it can handle the special walls that will inevitably switch in:

Heatran @Expert Belt
    Timid/Naive Nature

-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power Grass
    -Taunt/Explosion

Similar moves, but different purpose. Taunt/Explosion shuts down Blissey. Having Expert Belt lets you bluff Choice Scarf so that you can land a surprise KO.

Non-Scarf Jirachi can be used as your lead. Like Heatran, many people expect it to be Scarfed so you can potentially cripple or KO an opponent with it.

Jirachi @Occa/Shuca Berry
    Jolly Nature
    76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd

-Iron Head
    -Thunder Wave
    -Stealth Rock
    -Fire Punch

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back