• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    What did you think of it? Good, bad, amazing, what?

Personally, I think it is one of, if not the best movie of all time. The creatures, the depth of the story, everything was amazing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    "the depth of the story," please tell me where, because the complete lack of a plot made me fall asleep. the stunning visual effects that created all the hype couldn't even save this pathetic excuse for a story. but why am i surprised at the success of this film, shiny glorified garbage is what appeals to the masses. nothing changes the fact that james cameron is bathing in his millions while tarnishing the intellectual aspect of film.

Umbreon_

muwahh
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    It was good everything seems epic but I like Titanic more than Avatar. :>

Years
    I liked it.

Storyline was way predictable - probably too much so. Definitely the worst part of the movie, in my opinion.

Admittedly I was far more interested in the creature designs in it. Always been a bit of a nerd for such things.

Pretty much: cliche to the max, but still entertained me quite a bit.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    I didn't like it. It felt like I was watching the love child of Pochahontas and Fern Gully.

Years
    It was in fact very similar to a futuristic pocahontos in a lot of ways.
    Regardless, its my all time favourite movie. Nothing comes close to it for me.
    I <3 Neytiri.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I agree with everything you said, Sweed. It was simply magnificent to my perspective.
    I know many of you viewers out there think very critical about it. I know I can't help that, but I just want to say, if anyone's perspective is fastidious, he cannot truly enjoy what he experiences. But everyone is different. Yet, that's a good thing.
    Oh, and I have already started an Avatar thread months ago (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203332), but I understand that you probably didn't catch notice of it. So I don't really mind.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I found it to have been a lil bit ripped off by Halo. Anyway the movie was good, it had lot of themes regarding militarism, economy, civil's and human nature and stuff, i know it's been done back and again but it wasn't trash.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    It wasn't nearly as good as hyped to be. The plot was cliched, the acting wasn't exactly groundbreaking, and it wasn't really satisfying. It didn't add anything to the film universe. Sure, the visuals were astounding, but was it really that epic? We've had good visuals for years now. Remember King Kong back in '05? That was good too. The whole movie was better than Avatar.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    I would't nessesarily say that the creatures were good because there is an extremely small chance for creatures from another planet to evolve into similar creatures to another planet. It's just too low of a probability. Low.

Other than a few scientific fallacies, it was really nice. C:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I would't nessesarily say that the creatures were good because there is an extremely small chance for creatures from another planet to evolve into similar creatures to another planet. It's just too low of a probability. Low.

Other than a few scientific fallacies, it was really nice. C:

Hence the term, fantasy. We all know that it is make believe.

Back