• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I can't read Japanese. so i guess im not gonna spend any extra money on an import o3o

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Both of mine'll be the English ones.
    I can't stand playing a game I can't even understand, patience is a virtue.
    I was so happy when I got my Soulsilver when it was officially released.
    (Now Nintendo just like to kill us every year by making us wait, huh? :P)

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • Play-Asia.com now has them for pre-ordering. I just pre-ordered both games and the 1-4 day FedEx shipping. It's great that they won't charge my card until its shipped. Less than 3 months until Isshu!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    If they disable something in the game like they did for the Game Corner on HGSS then I'll try to find a Japanese version...

Years
  • Play-Asia.com now has them for pre-ordering. I just pre-ordered both games and the 1-4 day FedEx shipping. It's great that they won't charge my card until its shipped. Less than 3 months until Isshu!

:) I just pre-ordered mine with the fed-ex shipping as well! I'm excited, and my japanese is coming along nicely so I might be ready to semi-understand it by the time it arrives :nervous:

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • :) I just pre-ordered mine with the fed-ex shipping as well! I'm excited, and my japanese is coming along nicely so I might be ready to semi-understand it by the time it arrives :nervous:

I'm working on my Japanese, too. I opted for the FedEx because when I imported Heart Gold it took two weeks. Hopefully this will take less time.

EDIT: It turns out the game comes out on a Sunday in Japan. Chances are that we will get it by the 23rd or 24th at the latest. :D

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I'll probably wait until it comes to the US. I really don't like the English version of pokemon

"BLASTOISE used WATER GUN" (I can't stand the capitalization. Feels like they're yelling at me)

but I got HG in Japanese, so it would be nice to have a break.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm waiting for the English release. I would like to eventually play a Pokemon game in Japanese, but... I know I'll have a lot more fun with a copy of the game I can actually understand. And really I'm more interested in seeing the new Pokemon designs than anything else. After I've seen them online and gotten a bit used to them, the wait won't be as bad for me.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • For me it depends on how close the English release is to the US release, If it's a few months like Platinum then I would definetly be getting the US Version, or if It's only a week or two like HG/SS then I'll be waiting for the English release

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
  • I'm just gonna wait for it to be released in the United States. Why? Because one, I'm not fluent at all in Japanese, and two, because it'll be considered a late b-day present for me and it'll be easier for me to get permission from my parents and buy it for me.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Hi , my question to you is 1 do you know how to read japanese 2 how hard is it to play the game if you dont and 3 is there any site online to help translate when i do play

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Me, I'll put it on my R4 and muck about in it until there's a walkthrough and then I'll be following it very closely. Assuming that it's not the standard pokemon game that I can just go route-town-gym-route in. Sides, there'll still be tons of surprises for me when I get the opposite version to the one I used on my r4. Sides, I don't want to miss out on any events just because I'm an American (we still haven't gotten Celebi or Mew yet and Mew happened last year...)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'm getting black and Japanese although I can't speak it (serebii will be my walkthrough slave, Pokemon isn't hard to understand), I just can't wait any longer, since I think this will be my favorite Pokemon game ever, and White in English.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I'm getting black and Japanese although I can't speak it (serebii will be my walkthrough slave, Pokemon isn't hard to understand), I just can't wait any longer, since I think this will be my favorite Pokemon game ever, and White in English.
    And you know that how? We hardly know anything about the storylines and different features of this game. How you can jump to that conclusion so quickly is beyond me.

On topic, I'll be waiting for the Pal version/English release, because I'm not impatient. Plus Virtual Console Super Mario Kart will probably keep me going until Christmas 2013 as it is! That game is brootally hard (Year exaggerated for effect).

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I will wait that it have it in store.
    Like this, I will understand storyline and it won't have glitch in the game.
    I will take the english version of Black because where I live, I have the choice between french and english and pokemon in french really suck.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    I shall not buy either, as GF have failed me. The pokemon look rediculous... So unrealistic and too cartoony. Why can't they atleast resemble an animal now? The pokemon aren't creative at all they are just drawings of what look like should be action figures of some sort >.>

However I shall emulate black.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I am waiting for the American release.
    that will just give me more time to be excited! :D

Back