• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese TV premieres -2007-

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    This list covers all anime airing, the most popular J-Drama as well as all tokusatsu programs airing in the winter season. Now, on with the list!

December
    Anime

Saa! Iko Tamagocchi - December 1st
    Not really sure what this is, but it seems to be based on a popular children's property in Japan.

Oh My Goddess! Fighting Wings - December 8th
    The third season to the Oh My Goddess! TV series that started a few years ago. The director has said that he wants to adapt as much story from the manga as he can which has lead to rumors of this being a year long series instead of a half year 26 episode series.

Ayakashi - December 12th
    An anime adaptation of the ero-game from CROSSNET. The anime will not feature the same seiyuu as the game.

Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de 3 -Kurenai no Tsuki-
    I have absolutely no idea what this is about, but based on the trailers, it doesn't seem like much more than a typical magi show.

Tokusatsu
    Ultra Galaxy: Giant Monster Battle - December 1st
    The 22nd entry into the Ultra franchise of Japan started in 1966 with Ultraman. The series follows a monster attack team caught in the middle of an ancient space battle brought to earth. This is one of the rare Ultra series to not feature an Ultraman.

January 2008
    Anime

Wellber no Monogatari Second Part - January 1st
    The second series the original Wellber no Monogatari story. This season follows the struggles faced by Princess Rita in her new life after the events of the first series.

Rosario to Vampire - January 3rd
    Based on the ecchi series of the same name the series the series is about a young boy named Tsukune. He happens to have very bad grades and has been kicked out of most schools he's gone to. His parents then find the only school that will accept him, but unbeknown to them it's a school where only people with magical blood are allowed to enter, all other humans will be killed.

Porphy no Nagai Tabi - January 6th
    Following Les Misérables: Shoujo Cosette, this series continues the Japanese World Masterpiece Theater TV staple in which a year long anime is made by adapting classic literature. This original format ran from 1975 until 1997 and was revived last year with Shoujo Cosette. The series is a story about an elder brother and a younger sister who were separated in Greece during the early 1900s. The original story is Orphans of Simitra, written by a French writer, Paul-Jacques Bonzon, published in the mid 1950s. Shigeo Akahori (Metropolis) will be doing character designs with Tomomi Mochizuki directing the series. The series is expected to run 52 episodes.

Yatterman New Series - January 16th
    A remake of the original series from the "Time Boukan" series of shows (much like the World Masterpiece stuff). The original series aired from 1975 to 1979 and was the longest running show in that staple. The Skull Stone is an ancient power that has been lost in time. Two groups are after it now, Dorombo, the comical villain trio and Yetterman, a duo of time agents sent to find the stone.

ARIA the ORGINATION
    The fourth series in the ARIA franchise.

MAJOR season 4
    The 4th series in the Baseball drama franchise, MAJOR.

Zenryoku Usagi
    An anime series based on the 4 Koma newspaper shorts of the same name. The series follows the life of two rabbits who happen to be construction workers.

PERSONA -trinity soul-
    Based on a game released for the PS2 called Shin Megami Tensei: Persona. The series is to be set ten years after the events in the game and will star Tanaka Rie.

Minami-ke
    The manga, which is currently serialized in Weekly Young Magazine, follows the everyday lives of three sisters who live on their own and the problems they face in everyday life. The series starts one week after its 12 episode predecessor.
    Hakaba Kitarou
    From Toei animation, one of the few original anime airing this season. The series will star three vetern seiyuu.

Ookami to Koushinryou
    Based on the light novel series of the same name. Story: Lawrence is a traveling merchant who finds a 600 year old pagan deity/wolf girl named Horo in his wagon one night. She begins traveling with him, and her wisdom helps increase his profits. But her true nature draws unwanted attention from the church.

H2O~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~
    Based on the adult visual novel of the same name. Takuma Hirose is a young blind man entering high school. Years ago his mother died and he has been in a state of emotional numbness ever since. Upon entering his new school, Hirose meets the firm and obstinate Hayami Kohinata, the kind Hinata Kagura, and the cheerful Otoha. Through his encounters with these girls his medical condition somehow seems to improve.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Second
    The second season to this year's surprise hit comedy about a pessimistic teacher and the changes he goes through at the start of a new school year.

Hatenkou Yuugi
    Based on a manga running in the weekly Comic Zero serialization. A young girl named Rzel is kicked out of her home by her father and just as she wishes for friends she comes upon a man held at gun point. She gets involved and helps the man (Aluzeid) escape with a rare magical gun. The series follows their adventures helping people and escaping those after Aluzeid's gun.

Shigofumi
    An adaptation of the light novel series called Shigofumi ~Stories of the Last Letter ~

Noramimi
    In a world where mascots are more than just company logos, an agency rents mascots out to families looking for companions for their children. The story follows Noramimi and his journey with a new family.

true tears
    A romance / adventure anime based on a visual game that was adapted into a live action movie in 2006.

They Are My Nobel Masters
    Based on an adult visual novel. Two siblings run away from their homes and enter into the services of a rich family with three beautiful daughters who they must pledge their loyalty to.

J-Drama
    Honey and Clover
    A new J-Drama based on the manga of the same name that was adapted into two anime series. The story follows a group of friends at an art school and the trials they go through as well as a love triangle within the group. The series will star Ikuta Toma and Narumi Riko.

Security Police
    A story about a young man entering the security force and the people he meets along the way.

Binbou Danshi
    Starring Oguri Shun. Oguri plays a poor but optimistic college student in this comical story. Because of his overly nice personality, he ends up taking on other people's debts and faces various challenges to pay off those debts Despite Orgui Sun's popularity in Japan, this is the first time he's actually been the star in a TV series.

Koushounin
    Yonekura Ryoko returns to TV in a new drama about an ace police negotiator.

Mirai Koushi Meguru
    The comedy is an original story written by popular screenwriter Kankuro Kudo, his first since the 2005 Tiger & Dragon. Fukada plays Meguru Yoshida, an English teacher at a cram school. On her 24th birthday, she awakens to a new power - she can see 20 years ahead into the future of everyone around her.

Bara no nai Hanaya
    The series tells the story of Shiomi Eiji, the manager of a small flower shop. His wife has passed away, leaving him to raise their daughter Shizuku on his own. The drama depicts their various interactions with the people around them. KAT-TUN's Katori Shingo will play the lead role.

Saito San
    Saito Masako is a mother of one child. Unafraid to speak her mind, she constantly confronts people who violate proper manners and other rules of society.

Ashita no Kita Yoshio
    Yoshio Kita is a debt-laden man whose wife (Manami Konishi) has left him. With his close friend's death anniversary only 11 days away, Yoshio chooses that date for his own death.

Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi
    Tamaki plays a good-for-nothing teacher who gets assigned to a girls' high school in Nara. He becomes a "deer man," working to prevent the downfall of Japan under the orders of the deer of Nara Park. Ayase plays his partner, a teacher in the social studies department that is a history otaku.

Daisuki!!
    Yuzu, a mentally disabled woman with the mind of an 8-year-old, who falls in love with a man with a similar disability. She becomes pregnant, but he dies in an accident, leaving her alone in raising the child.

Full Swing
    Full Swing is based on the life of Takabatake Michihiro, who once played for the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks but was best known as a batting coach who worked for seven teams over the course of his career. At the age of 58 he became a high school teacher, the drama focuses on his career as a teacher.

Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai
    Inagaki and Koyuki play the Sasakis, two lawyers with opposite personalities. They've been married for three years, but their heated quarrels lead them to the courtroom to settle a possible divorce, with the two representing themselves.

Atsu-Hime
    Atsu-Hime is the 47th Taiga Drama. For those that don't know, the Taiga Drama are a franchise of year long drama that have been running since the 60's. Unlike most drama, these shows air one hour long episodes every week for an entire year. This series follows the life of the wife of Tokugawa Iesada, the 13th Shogun.

Tokusatsu
    Kamen Rider Vlad/Kiba - January 28th
    The 18 series in the Kamen Rider franchise. Kiba is to be based on the legend of Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula. As with Kamen Rider Den-O, many famous anime seiyuu are expected to play vital parts in the series playing characters that allow the title character to reach new forms.

Of these, I'm most looking forward to Ultra Galaxy, Rosario to Vampire, Prohy no Nagai Tabi, Yetterman, Persona, Ookami to Koushinryou, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Hetnkou Yuugi, Honey and Clover, Binbou Danshi and Kamen Rider Kiba.

If I'll actually follow them after episode 1 is a totally different story though. XD;

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Yay for Zetsubou, Wellber, Oh my Goddess, and Major(*is a huge sports anime fan*)! ^^However, I heard xxxHolic season 2 was going to start as well. Not to mention Zombie Loan Season 2 and Code E Season 2.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Thank you for the news on Oh My Goddess! Fighting Wings, I consider myself an AMG fan and I missed it. I have to say, the fall has sucked this year for me personally, I have seen only one anime that has impressed me, that being Genshiken 2. This news might save my spring.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Saa! Iko Tamagocchi = Tamagotchi anime movie. Woot.

Apart from that, the new Ultra Q homage seems to be interesting, not to mention new Aria and second season of Zetsubou Sensei.

Back