• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Japanese Version of Diamond or Pearl.

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    I want to get a Japanese Version of Diamond as a project for me to test my Japanese skills, they infact don't use kanji in the game. I'm going into third year Japanese.

So, does anyone know where I could possibly get a Japanese copy online when it comes out September 28...Thanks. :D

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    I might try ebay...but I wanted to see if there were any sites with Japanese games because I'm also trying to get some Bleach and Naruto games in Japanese too.

Years
  • Well i know you can get Japanese games of Naruto on Ebay, my mate got one the other day, for the gamecube! It kicks so much ass it is untrue! just have a look around mate!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Alternativly, assuming you have some corrispondants in Japan, you can order (or pre-order) a copy from Amazon.co.jp, then get your friend to send it to the US, or whatever country you live in.

The sad fact is that while Amazon.co.jp sends books to foreign countries, electronics and software can't be sent due to regulations.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    www.froogle.com

I would go with kohei.XD

If you can, pre order it though a weel before it comes out. You would know which stores have it and which stores don't.

Years
  • I want to get a Japanese Version of Diamond as a project for me to test my Japanese skills, they infact don't use kanji in the game. I'm going into third year Japanese.

So, does anyone know where I could possibly get a Japanese copy online when it comes out September 28...Thanks. :D

I am doing the same thing you are doing, except I'm doing it for my own personal fun. I pre-ordered my Japanese Pearl version from (you may have to google this)...Lik-Sang.com you can also try play-asia.com
    I figured I'd but Japanese pearl and English Diamond when it comes out. I did the same with the Gold and Silver versions..bought japanese Gold and English Silver. Anywho. Good Luck!

Shane

TonyHT

Years
  • Check Lik-Sang.com,they got loads of japanese games.

I'm geting myself a ROM for my M3...When some1 uploads it on a ROM site :)

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    I am doing the same thing you are doing, except I'm doing it for my own personal fun. I pre-ordered my Japanese Pearl version from (you may have to google this)...Lik-Sang.com you can also try play-asia.com
    I figured I'd but Japanese pearl and English Diamond when it comes out. I did the same with the Gold and Silver versions..bought japanese Gold and English Silver. Anywho. Good Luck!

Shane

Thanks for the site...I also found a PSP Bleach game I want...

So, you're doing the same, how do you plan on understanding what it says?

I costs $55, plus shipping. I don't know if I will have that much. D:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • So, you're doing the same, how do you plan on understanding what it says?
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Well, it's a Pokémon game. If it's like any other game, it shouldn't be hard to get around even if you can't read it at all. And the attacks are colored coded, which will help out in battles.
    As for me, I'll wait for the English version.

Years
  • The only ones I know of is therage.com and ncxs.com. They sale japanese games and I think the also sale games from other countiers as well.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Well, it's a Pokémon game. If it's like any other game, it shouldn't be hard to get around even if you can't read it at all. And the attacks are colored coded, which will help out in battles.
    As for me, I'll wait for the English version.

Il ditto that one, I hate when I dont get the storylines.

lik-sang.com is pretty awesome for J games though. My friend uses it regularly.

Good luck with your J game playing Charizard_Master =)

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    Do you know if they will have a walkthrough some where on the internet when it comes out?

FFX383

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • oh yea you can probibally get that at gamefaqs.com that is where i go for all my free stradegy gudies and walkthrus, try there when it comes out or shortly after it comes out, im positive they will have a walkthru for the japanese version.

Years
  • Thanks for the site...I also found a PSP Bleach game I want...

So, you're doing the same, how do you plan on understanding what it says?

I costs $55, plus shipping. I don't know if I will have that much. D:

Oh dude,
    Yeah...it CAN be hard, but you know what. I'm straight up an Americannonjapanesespeakingtejano*TEXAN*eight-teenyearolddude, and several years ago BEAT japanese gold version with not much problem. You gotta keep in mind that within' a few weeks after that people will start releasing walkthroughs and such for help, but until then it's all apart of the fun!
    Yeah, it cost me nearly $44 for Gold in japanese when it first came out, but to this day, I'm d*mn glad I did it. IT SPOILED NOTHING FOR ME when the english version came out. So don't worry about that.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Shane

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    I found one on play asia for 48 bucks, that's a good deal.
    I'm gonna buy it with my october pay...
    and September I either want Bleach 3 for PSP, Dance Factory for PS2 or Dirge of Cerberus for PS2.

Yeah, I figured walkthroughs would come out, but I'm sure my Japanese teacher can help me out...and it will be fun.

I will definitely ask you things when I'm in trouble.

Thanks. :)

Years
  • I found one on play asia for 48 bucks, that's a good deal.
    I'm gonna buy it with my october pay...
    and September I either want Bleach 3 for PSP, Dance Factory for PS2 or Dirge of Cerberus for PS2.

Yeah, I figured walkthroughs would come out, but I'm sure my Japanese teacher can help me out...and it will be fun.

I will definitely ask you things when I'm in trouble.

Thanks. :)

Not a problem. I figure anyway...once you get it I could give you my trainer number, and we can do some trades or whatnot.

Shane

Back