• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Japanese Version of Diamond or Pearl.

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    Not a problem. I figure anyway...once you get it I could give you my trainer number, and we can do some trades or whatnot.

Shane

That sounds cool.

Also, will it be able to play in DS being a Japanese game and my DS is US....

And will I be able to wifi with people in Japan? I actually don't know how Wifi works..

Years
  • That sounds cool.

Also, will it be able to play in DS being a Japanese game and my DS is US....

And will I be able to wifi with people in Japan? I actually don't know how Wifi works..

Okay,
    Check it out...

You will be able to play a japanese game on your american DS. Thats how it worked for me and my GBC. Why would they change that?
    I'm assuming that you would be able to WiFi with other japanese people...just not know what the heck they are saying. WiFi works like this...do you have mario kart DS? Well, if you don't...this is how it works...you basically have to be in a place that has a WiFi connection around, like around where I live you can get them at a place called Panera Bread, or Starbucks and once you step foot inside those buildings you have internet access going through your DS. Now, here at my house, I have wireless internet, therefore once I step into my house (or near it) I get internet instantly without bothering with logging on or anything.

That help?

Shane

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    hum I read that Lik Sang offers worldwide shipping cost !
    Didn't you see ?

Pokemon Pearl
    System: Nintendo DS™ / Japanese
    Pre-Order, ships when stock arrives (Sep 28, 2006)

Info US$ 54.90 (~43.04 EUR)
    Average Review: Add to Cart
    FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
    RPG
    Nintendo

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
  • I intend to buy Diamond off of Lik-Sang.com, even though I can't read Japanese. I intend to use Altavista's BabelFish to translate the game as I go along.

rayorojo

Pokemon Trainer in Shinou!
    Years
  • I'm definitely buying Pokemon Diamond too. I'm taking Japanese classes and I think it'll help my reading skills. It'll probably take a long time to finish, but it'll be awesome!

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
  • use yesasia.com they have pokemon diamond and pearl up for pre order, im gonna get my copy from there

Years
  • I am going to wait untill it gets released in English. Than i can enjoy the story more lol, mainly because i will be able to understand it! ;p
    But still, good luck to people who are trying to get it! And don't give anything away!

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    lol i got pokemon red in japanese.. i'd suggest waiting unless you really have the money to burn although.. having diamond or pearl would look cool on your part lol

pencilbuddy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    I may go to toy mandla where i will get the games and ask them for a random game the game i get will be in jap the other will be in us

Years
  • Heh,
    The only reason that I bought from lik-sang is because of two reasons...
    1) Everywhere else wouldn't take my bank card for some odd reason
    2) I've got a job...so yeah, I'll deal with the price

I so cannot wait though. I've been switching back and forth from serebii.net and here for information, and forums, but I think I'll stick to this place for forums. People here are so much nicer. The other forums have people that are so quick to call out noobs, and start flame wars.

Like I said though, I can't wait to play it and start with my lil' Naetoru.

Shane

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • I, too, have succumbed into ordering the game - I plan on getting Diamond in Japanese and proceeding by getting Pearl in English. If you don't have any Japanese knowledge whatsoever, attempting to translate even using Babelfish, is a foolish choice as Pokémon games are beriddled with Pokémon terms and jargon.

I ordered it over Lik-Sang with my own money and no need for a credit card.

It keeps me wondering, however, how the games will work with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection outside of regional Japan.

i was wondering the same thing about wi-fi, and the whole underground world thing as well. in that one japanese ad, the wi-fi connection between children in japan was previewed, so i'm guessing that the chances of using any wi-fi options when not in the premise of japan are very little. heh, i wonder how they plan to advertise for wi-fi in the US.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I've already ordered mine from Play-Asia and I got the one day shipping because I'm so impatient. I can't wait! It's supposed to ship out on Monday so hopefully I get it Tuesday...two days before the release!

Back