• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jasons Empire; The Black Clover

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Now I've already wrote four and a half chapters of this, so If I get nay feedback or help, I probably wont be able to add any until that stage of the story. Enjoy.

Jason's Empire....
    And...

The Black Clover

Chapter 1
    The Beginning
    It had been a reckless night. The wind whistled through the boy's windows and the curtains flapped rather madly. It was past Midnight and probably for the fifth hundredth time Jason turned over this time sighing. Two feet slipped out from under the maroon covers and he got up. Jason was a medium-heighted boy with bushy brown hair. He had a long fringe which he was always sweeping away to his ignorance of being there. His face was clear, no spots, no freckles, nothing. He had dark green eyes, green as the wet trees outside. He just could not get to sleep, it could be the fact that he was dreading tomorrow or simply because of the rain and wind from outside. At least he had a warm bed and a room. Still it was not worth with what he has to put up with tomorrow.

Jason is 11 years old. So he had been for several months now. What he dreaded was school. It was boring and he wasn't the brightest child in the bunch. Tomorrow he would be going back for another year but he wouldn't dare run away. Only to be found, whipped and his mother would cry and what a brat of a child she had. He was the only child and the only he was intended to be. This made him lonely a lot and he had no friends because they were all smarter than him. Merely look down on him they would.

Jason sighed one again and gave in to the night. He would simply do what he had done many other nights this year and wait for the morning to come. This year the weather had turned awful and for reasons no one seemed to know. It got darker early and this was unusual to them.

Jason couldn't stand the waiting, so he slowly opened the window and climbed out. Immediately rain blustered into his face and the wind shook the window as of him. He carefully closed the window and held onto the window sill. He wrapped his feet round some growing ivy and put his hands on the pipe. He slowly climbed down and when he was low enough, jumped and landed on his two feet in a crouching position. He got up and crept along his well cut garden and opened the wooden sheds door. There again he closed the door, a little louder than when he had closed the window earlier. There four legs bounded towards him and jumped up licking him all over.

Jason turned to the switch and a dimming light filled the room. He smiled as his four legged friend greeted him and he got down kneeling and clapped his stray dog.
    He was about to walk over to the cupboard to refill his dogs bowl with treats when the shed door swung open. A thin and crooked man stood under the light that he did not recognise. He had a baldish head and a hunched back. His lips seemed dry and wrinkled as did the rest of his skin. His expression seemed mad and angry. Though he put one seemed to be a smile and spoke with a cough.

"Don't be afraid, I am Holus Kottramouth and I'm here to transport you to Akili' Warrior Academy." His voice was thin but slightly kind. Jason looked at the man with a confused frown.
    "Pardon?" he asked slowly and dumbstruck. The man chuckled one again kindly and his wry smile made Jason shiver.
    "Don't worry; you're not the only one who can't believe it. You know about Warriors don't you son?"

"Course I do" Jason replied taken aback by the comment.
    "You've been chosen to be a Warrior and every year, for month you will be educated, trained and tested to become fit for a Warrior for when you're older." At the moment Jason had a mixture of feelings, one was excitement and one was still full of questions. He was about to open his mind but Holus seemed to read his mind.

"Questions can be asked on the way and if you're wondering, your parents know and have always. They say they'll miss you." Jason pointed at his dog named Bringus but Holus shook his head his smile slowly disappearing.

"Dogs don't do for the Warrior's Code." His ears suddenly dropped and he gave Jason a little sniff of goodbye.
    "See ya Bringus" Jason said patting his dog gently.

"So where is this Academy then?" Jason asked getting more excited by the moment.
    "Thousands of miles away, Akili is a country in the South Pacific, 200 square kilometre island and-"Jason interrupted him with another question.
    "So how are we going to get there, plane?" Holus laughed deeply and he pointed to the other side of the road.

"Plane would take too long and we need to get you stuff before you go there, anyway over there is how we get there" Holus told Jason with an icy smile. Jason seemed very blank at this odd comment. He scanned the other side of the road and could only find a gate.
    "The gate?" Jason asked with no optimism at all.
    "Yes your right. I guess you have never entered that gate?"
    "In fact I've never noticed it before" Jason said looking a little wormish.
    "Exactly, it's only noticed when wanted to be and because you was searching for something over there you could see it." Jason was now taking a different opinion of Holus and took the decision that Holus was mad.

"Ok I'm fed up now, cut to the point" Jason said a little roughly.
    "That gate will transport us to wherever we please on this Earth" said Holus a proud smile upon his face. A grin spread across Jason's face.
    "Lucky thing I live here I've always wanted to go to Florida!" and he fan forward touched the gate and shouted "Disney World!" The gate stood still and so did he.

"Humph" laughed Holus a little amused.
    "Only persons over fifteen can teleport. The gates can usually tell also if someone is a Warrior or not."
    "The gates have feelings?" Jason asked now thinking this was all a prank.
    "Well yes but only the ones that teleport. No more questions hold onto my arm and let's get going."

Jason grabbed onto Holus's frail and bony arm and Holus looked from left to right. In the dark it seemed no one was watching so he put his thin fingers onto the gate and spoke the words.

"Tumble Street." There was a snap some a small shock and they disappeared from the street like they had never been there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Chapter 2
    Tumble Street

Suddenly the world seemed to flash before him in the space of several seconds. He came at quite a speed dropping onto a soft mat as some busy sounds surrounded him. He looked to his right seeing many more people dropping onto mats from gates and two guards by each landing place.
    "Names?" asked one guard as soon as they dusted themselves off and stood up.
    "Holus Kottramouth and the boy is Jason Lovlack."
    "Identification. First year Transporter for Akili' Warrior Academy, here is the card for Jason First Year Member of the Academy and has visited here to purchase items needed for this month's visit of the school." Holus showed them the two cards.

"Alright Holus, on you go." Jason took a better look around himself. More people dropped onto the mats. There were about a dozen gates and as he looked forwards there were two giant copper doors stretching as high as a three story house. They were already swung open and a magnificent sight they were.

Holus had his hand on Jason's left shoulder and still it made him shiver. They came out onto a very, very wide cobbled street with shop window after window and the smell of different people around him. Wizards, Witches, Warriors, Shopkeepers, Salespeople, Surveyors and more walked around the street. Shoppers looking around aimlessly hoping they would find what they need.

"So what do we need here?" Jason asked after the amazement of the bustling street had faded out of him.
    "Well we need you staffs, cloak, better shoes, armour and a few handy books should do." Jason seemed to pipe up a little once the word staffs was mentioned.

Holus led the way up the busy and cobbled street coming to a shop named.
    "Warrior Weapons." They passed into the shop and a stout man with big glasses looked up. He sniffed dismissively but Holus ignored the man. The room was very well lit and the carpet was a mixture of light blue, yellow and maroon red. There were items everywhere on shelves, the floor, ceiling and more. Holus led the way still moving towards the back of the shop where they were led into a new room for Young Warriors.

Holus moved to the right of the room Jason hurrying to keep up and then suddenly he stopped. There was a massive shelf full of different staffs stacking up to the ceiling some looking dim and dusty while others glimmered in gold for high prices.

"I want the best one!" Jason blurted out in a rude tone. Holus made a low and long chuckle with echoed around the room.
    "The best one is The Young Golden but it's twice the amount I have." Jason sighed like he often does and sat down in a chair.
    "I'll get the best one I can afford" Holus smiled dryly. After five minutes or so as Holus seemed to have examined all he could find he picked one up. A dusty staff slipped from behind it which Holus didn't notice.
    "This is the best one" Holus said holding up a bronze staff with rough and twig like ends. Jason took in what he said but wasn't really interested. He looked behind Holus at the dusty staff. He got up out of his little chair and blew of all the dust around the wrappings. It was a Young Golden, half price, a secret deal!

"Holus, you can afford this look!" Holus turned round and examined the Golden Staff.
    "Hmm, it's a Secret Deal this shop is known for them; they place valuable things with cut prices in hidden places, good job Jason."
    "No when you picked that Bronze Staff up it slipped out."
    "Oh that was lucky and I've got just the right amount of money for this Young Golden, I take it you want it?"
    "Of course!" cried Jason with delight. He threw the Bronzer 50 back onto the shelf a little violently and prized his new staff.
    "I'll be the top Warrior!" he shouted raising it above his head. Once again Holus made a deep chuckle and led the way back to the register. On the way they passed a boy around the same age as Jason examining a machete in the Older Warriors Section. He was very tail quite broad and had well cut black hair and yellow eyes. The boy saw a glimpse of the staff and his mouth fell wide open. He hurried after them taking a look at his own staff and grimacing.

"Hi Holus, who's this boy!" he shouted loudly. Holus turned round.
    "Oh hello Ferc" Holus said his dry smile spreading across his face. "This is Jason." Jason turned round and pushed a hand out for him to shake. Ferc grabbed it shaking a little roughly but nothing deliberate.
    "I can't believe you can get the Young Golden, how on earth could you afford that?"
    "Secret deal" smiled Jason pointing at the wrappings. "Pure luck." Ferc was still astonished.
    "I'm going to the Armour Store next, want to come?" Jason looked up at Holus for assurance and he smiled back.
    "Sure" Jason replied and Holus handed over the staff. The stout man with big glasses examined it.
    "Hmm well done, ok hand over the money" Holus handed over his money and the Young Golden was officially Jason's. Ferc bought his item it was a Bronzer 50 the one Holus had found earlier.

"Some o' them weapons they sell in the Adult Section a really lethal" Ferc said with astonishment in his eyes.
    "So your coming into First Month of The Academy too Ferc?" Jason asked curiosity shining in his eyes.
    "Oh yes!" Ferc shouted with glory in his eyes. "My parents told me about it since I was little and I've dreamed about it since! That made school really boring!" It daunted on Jason after those words. His parents had never told him about it. Slowly he replied,

"Hmm I already found school boring, but what happens after the Month you go home?" Ferc looked at Jason looking more excited by the moment. "Well what happens?" Jason asked urging his new friend on.

"You don't have to go home; you can explore Akili and the countries around it. They say experience is the best way to learn and I well agree!" Jason's hear leapt to be free. He could explore the new countries unheard of from Non-Warriors.
    "Wouldn't it be lonely though?" Jason asked squinting as his nose went wrinkly. They had been talking for a while now and followed Holus into the armour shop.
    "You can go with someone! They say that's good to! In fact we could go, you know together if you want!" Jason patted Ferc on the back.
    "Be a pleasure" he replied with a hearty laugh. The two grinned at each other wildly. They carried on ranting about the adventures they could have, the things they could see and practicing against Wild Drorbrixes which Ferc explained as over sized- extra horned and fuzzy bulls! Still Jason did not think about his parents. They expected him to be coming back. He had forgotten about them now and all he could think of was what life would be like being young and free at the end of it a Warrior!

They left Holus to examine the armour. He was more knowledgeable than either of them on what they needed and what was best. He bought the same for both to be fair. They both had silver arm plates with golden rims on their perimeter. They also had Wooden Shields, not the best but the others were far more expensive. They had silver and brown knee and shoulder pads. Finally they were bought Bronze Helmets that covered most of their face except their eyes which still were hard to see through more like slits but could be adjusted according to Holus.

"Holus" said Jason curiously after a chat about climbing Jendi Mountain with Ferc.
    "Yes?" he replied turning to face Jason.
    "Doesn't this cost you a lot of money?"
    "Oh no" replied stretching forward. "I work for you soon-to-be Headmaster on the Academy and he has to pay for all the equipment of you newcomers. Though he's a rich young man and he gives me the money for all this. He's not the kindest of the bunch but it's only fair for him to pay."
    Ferc sighed and lay back on the bench they were sitting on and closed his eyes as the sounds of the bustling street seemed to fade as nightfall was coming.
    "What's up Ferc?" Jason asked the moment Ferc had closed his eyes.
    "Two things" he said plainly holding up a peace sign. "One I'm fed up with Night coming so early, it's irritating and it's never happened before and what's weirder it's happening all over the world at five to six o' clock night will fall over the world!"
    "Hmm I agree" replied Holus and Jason as the same time. "What's two then?" Jason asked.
    "Like Holus was saying, this headmaster I can just imagine him being strict, horrible, and mean I bet" Ferc said now opening his eyes.

Jason thought about this for several moments and opened his mouth to speak but stopped, thought a little then speaking.

"Holus knows him the best between us. What is he like?"
    "No trouble for you young lads" he replied with a straight face. "He likes children, likes to see them grow up well the sort, see lots of young people turn into gallant warriors."
    "Really?" said Ferc not believing the words.
    "Ferc" said Jason nudging him a little. "We can only judge him once we've met him."
    "I suppose so" he breathed. "Where next Holus?" Ferc sat up now and looked around.

"Well we need to hurry that's for sure" said Holus standing up at surprising speed for his old age. "You two need cloaks, new shoes and some handy books you'll get to pick. "
    "Great" replied Jason raising two eyebrows in sarcasm.
    "How to look good and be brave fighting Over-Large Bumblebees" joked Ferc. Both of them laughed half amusingly half hysterically.
    "Oh don't be sour" replied Holus a little sharply. "Some of them are interesting!" Though Holus's words seemed to be a little fake and even he seemed at a least optimistic point from when shopping for them.

Now as they paced up the street shops were starting to close up for the night and the families slowly left. They found a lucky still-open cloak shop with also sold happened to sell some second-hand shoes. The cloak war by far nothing impressive. Simple brown only that swept nicely down to the back of their feet.

As they picked the books that seemed half interesting they noticed they were the last shoppers on Tumble Street. When they stepped out of the shop it was night and close to a complete blackout over the cobbled street. Not a mouse stirred the only thing to be heard was a breezy wind striking over Jason's hair which stood on ends. In the corner of his eye a large shadow seemed to flicker out from a shop window. He quickly turned to look but nothing was there. Holus sighed and then motioned them to follow on. They came to a gate as two gate-guards were swapping over what seemed to be day to night shift. Once man disappeared into thin air after stating where he wished to go.

"Ok boys hold onto my shoulders tight OK?" Holus told them stepping forward to the gate.
    "Wait one moment Holus" Ferc interrupted just before Holus touched the gate. "Where are we going now then?"
    "Oh, we're going to my place!" Then Holus stated his street name and country and they were sucked into a dreary blackness seconds later landing with a thud.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Any constructive critism would be glady appreciated.

Chapter 3
    The House of Kottramouth

A crack of thunder was the first thing Jason heard when they landed onto something hard and slightly wet. Jason had cut his elbow from the unfortunate fool but Holus had landed on his feet.

"How do you do that?" Ferc asked brushing his trouser off. Then two heavy bags full of his items crashed down beside him while Jason's hit head had.
    "Oooow!" Holus made his deep chuckle and answered Ferc's question.
    "You'll learn" he replied with is wry and wrinkled smile.
    "So this is your house?" They were standing bang smack in the middle of a road as once again ran came pouring onto them.

"I'm not as fortunate as Jason; I don't have a gate right outside my door so it brings me to the nearest one."
    Ferc and Jason groaned heavily at the same time and heaved up their heavy bags. Holus fiddled around in his pocket for a moment and pulled out a rusty key.
    "It's only up this road and round the corner." Jason glanced at a dripping sign. The street was called Harrison Road.

"What country did you say this was again?" Jason asked trying to brighten the conversation up.
    "Oh it's Wales" he replied. "I'm A Welshman."
    "Great" sighed Ferc sarcastically. "That's all we need." Jason was surprised not to see Holus at least feel a little taken a back.
    "Well I can at least say I'm not proud of it." Ferc's eyebrows rose mysteriously and he turned towards Holus to listen more closely.
    "The reason I don't like being a Welsh is all the Welsh Warriors for what I don't know are trying to take over the rest of the British Warriors so I'm shunned by most people.

"Too right they should!" Ferc laughed.
    "Ferc" Jason hissed loud enough for him to hear only. Ferc sniggered. By the end of this conversation they had reached the end of the road and turned round the corner.

Holus led them off into a small shabby front garden up a filthy and weed dirt path to a door which looked like had been there for centuries. As he fiddled with the lock and key for several moments he opened the door which made an ear piercing creak and a bright light filled the room that was once darkness. They were in a small hall with cracked slates and the walls for what once seemed to be painted brown but its colour was fading away. The more they looked at it the more awful it seemed. The kitchen wasn't as badly cut but the skirting board was covered in deep scratches. It was small and cramped in with anything you could fit in it. A small table with four chairs on it with a fruit bowl with rotten apples. The room was painted light blue with black and diamond spots. The counters were handmade wooden and in every sight were deeply cut, faded, broken and scratched. There was a small sink which looked like the most decent thing in the room. It seemed recently painted.

Holus left them to do what they wished and they began to explore the house. The lounge had a well worn sofa with a jaguar skin rug! It was a little unusual but it seemed to have a sense of style. Holus had a very old television set which didn't even work. There were not many windows in the room and it was lit by candles. It was overly heated with three radiators. That was all from the downstairs. Upstairs was three very, very cramped bedrooms. This was basically a door, a window, a bed and a small table with drawers for personal belongings. They were all empty and not even painted. They moved along up the hall to a master bedroom which was full of old black and white pictures, ornaments, two windows many shelves and a cupboard. His clothes lay out on a few chairs and some sprawled across the floor. Jason and Ferc didn't want to see much more in case Holus noticed them snooping around. Jason was tempted to view the photos to see how Holus was when he was younger but he left them be. In this small house there seemed to be nothing half excitable to do which left them sitting in the lounge bored out of their brains until Holus entered the room with a small fancy looking box.

He placed on the small coffee table and gently blew the dust of the top. He pulled out a very small key from his pocket and the lid swung open automatically. Inside it was even dustier. There was velvet cover which he pulled off and placed on the table. Inside were small scurrying creatures. They very, very hairy, with six wings and four fuzzy legs. They were about the size of a normal pea. They made small honking noises. They easily climbed out of the box and buzzed around Jason's bushy hair.
    "What are they?" Ferc asked flapping one away from his mouth.

"Don't really know, there were more but they died, I found them, in this box, in this house. These ones have been around and they are really old."
    "Why don't they breed?" Jason asked.
    "I don't know that either, strange little things, they seem to like Blackberry Juice." Ferc's face went pale and imitated throwing up. Jason felt a little sick from that but kept his feelings to himself.

"You know, Blackberry Juice isn't so bad" Holus told them wondering into the Kitchen. He swung open the mini-fridge door and pulled out two cartons. Ferc seemed reluctant but Jason gladly gave it a try. "What do you think?" Holus asked. Jason sipped a little more and smiled.
    "You're right it's not too bad." Ferc was still trying to make his mind up.

"Ah not too bad" he sighed finishing up the carton. "Not something I'd drink again though."
    "Oh I love it, drink it all the day I do, addicted I am, yes, yes oh yes."
    "Yes Master Yoda" sniggered Ferc.
    "Master Yoda?" said Holus clearly unaware.
    "You haven't seen Star Wars?"
    "Oh Star Wars, I've seen that, didn't like it though." Ferc laughed harder.
    "Well Yoda speaks just like you did back there."

"So these fuzzy ants" said Ferc his voice rising. "What do you do with them?"
    "Oh, I teach them tricks!" Ferc fell of the sofa in laughter. Even Jason was a little amused that these tiny fuzz balls could do tricks!" Holus laughed as well but not as hard and not for the same reasons.
    "Attack" he shouted. Ferc's laughter stopped he looked up from the floor and Holus was pointing at him. The six brown insects rose out of the box little wings flapping and charged towards Ferc. He dodged the spot they attacked quickly shifting from his past position and running towards his bag pulling out his staff and pointed it at the Small group flying towards him.

"Air Breathe!" he shouted. From his staff an invisible wind pushed back the creatures with some force. They crashed into the nearby wall, dizzied and dumbstruck. Ferc seemed quite pleased with him but scared at the same time.

Jason was now laughing himself on the floor in pain. Holus smiled.
    "Box" and the Flies wearily flew into the box.

"Why that was an odd spell to use, why not use Smash Back to double the force?"
    "Oh, that's the only spell I know" Ferc said embarrassed.
    "You'll be learning better than that in Akili'."
    "I can't wait" Jason said speaking up. "I hope it's a match to Disney World."
    "I've been there" Ferc said boasting. "Went on the best rides only, because I am so wonderful" he said patting his hair.

"Ever heard that song "You're so vain""? Jason laughed.
    "Yer, the hot girl was talking about me!"
    "Hot?" Jason asked confused.
    "Means pretty Jase, you obviously aren't fond of them yet."
    "Who would be fond of girls? They smell and are always busy" said Jason retorting.
    "You haven't got the charm, you need to understand, I admit they're a handful but if you know you can be in for something, or someone you'd rather stay away from" his voice lowering by the word.

Holus had left the room for some more room and Jason sat there staring at Ferc then a smile erupting onto his face.
    "Does someone fancy little Ferc" Jason said in a cute baby voice and wiggling his finger in front of Ferc's nose and then prodding it.
    "No!" lied Ferc loudly. "Well yes but don't tell Holus OK?" he said to Jason is a very low whisper.
    "Why would he be the slightest bit bothered?" Jason asked a bit louder than he should have been.
    "Well he's like ninety, and you know old people there like all traditional and I bet in them days having girlfriends at eleven is like against the law or something so what if he kills me?" Jason stared at Ferc once again blankly.
    "You're off your nut" replied Jason. This was a phrase his Dad used a lot. Then it hit him and as it did it hit him hard. Parents... His Mum and his Dad. What would he do? He wanted to go away with Ferc on a massive adventure around Akili' and fight Doorbuxes or whatever they are called. He would have to tell them, but how? He would have to tell them in person right? And you're not allowed to leave Akili unless you are going home instead of staying. And if there decision isn't made... oh it's too confusing. He would have to sneak out. Somehow...

It was night and it was time to sleep in those dusty old rooms for Jason and Ferc. What to come seemed unthinkable with good stuff to happen and bad. Leaving parents, sneaking out, going to some super school and dreaming of travelling around some weird island with Doorbuxes! In some ways Jason missed is old life, it was simple it was fun and there was no stress. (Apart from school) Also he was looking forward to going to the school, he didn't have a clue what it was like, how big or small it was, how many were there and other stuff like that. In his mind was an inferno of unanswered questions which was making him feel sick. So he concentrated on getting to sleep. With no surprise he couldn't, not for a while anyway.

It was the dead of night and it was pitch black in his room. The only things Jason could hear was Ferc snoring softly and some small voices from down stairs.

"Kick, Jump, Attack." It was unmistakably Holus training his bugs. Jason turned his towards that dusty room belonging to Holus. The urge to go in and have another snoop overcame him and he couldn't stop it. Step by step he crept towards it putting his feet where he thought it wouldn't creek on the floorboards. He entered the room. There was a small lamp on the bedside table. It dimly lit most of the room. There was a green double bed with manky old wood supporting it and the headboard. He had obviously shared it with someone before. On the right bedside there was a load of junk clattered over it. Mostly broken little things that he had tried to mend in the past. The lamp seemed to shade them all and not one of them seemed to resemble its past object. On the bedside to the left it was empty, nothing. To Jason's right near the door. There were two wide but low wardrobes with broken doors and old filthy clothes hanging out of them so smothered in dust. On top of them were some old pictures. One placed down hidden, but was a colour picture really caught Jason's eye. He picked it up and was Holus a lot younger still bald though his arm round Jason's very own dad and they were both smiling, like they were childhood friends. On the back of the picture Holus had written something on it.

This is a picture of me and Deevan at his wedding. He were always great friends from childhood but had our fallouts a lot, quite big ones too and always over small things. What always bugged me was that he was the greatest in everything he would beat me. He was top of the class, top of the academy, had the most brains, better in sports and I was always lower than him, could never win. He was very mature and modest. He never boasted about being the best. Sometimes he would even give me tips on how to improve. In my young age I just wanted revenge too my old age I will finally carry it out.

New Note: I got my revenge and now I realised what I'd done. I'm so stupid.

The New Note looked a lot more newly written. But more scruffy and wonky. Maybe because of his old age. As Jason turned round to his shock Holus was standing there looking fierce. Jason was holding the picture limply and Holus strode forward quickly about to grab him. Jason dodged and his elbow knocked another picture of Holus and a woman. It hit the floor and smashed. Holus stood there still dumbstruck and saw his favourite picture smashed and in pieces. Jason knew that he could easily be attacked soon and that he realised Holus was not who he claimed to be. Jason threw the picture of Holus and his dad right at him and it smashed upon his bald head leaving a bleeding cut and Holus tumbled backwards in pain. He was not dead but seriously hurt. Wincing in the hallway from the bright light and dark in the room was Ferc not quite sure what he had witnessed.

"Ferc, Holus is not who he claims to be, let's go now!" Ferc was tired and confused.
    "I'm in my jammys though!"

"Get changed then!" Ferc jogged back into the dusty bedroom slipped on some baggy clothes on grabbed his bags and small suitcase and tip toed down the stairs after Jason. Jason was already out of the house running down the road.

"So where do we go then?" Ferc asked now fully awoken.
    "The Academy" he breathed Jason looking around quickly.
    "We can't get there; we're under age, and need a warrior adult!"
    "Yes I know that but Akili' can't be hidden we can smuggle on a ship or something" he hissed loudly.
    "Well we don't even know what part of Wales we're in!"
    "It's a big city" replied Jason. "So there must be a Tourist Information Centre somewhere we can get a map of the world right?"
    "Good point" replied Ferc anxiously "Which way?"
    "That way seems to leave the neighbourhood into the city!" Jason turned and started running up the road with Ferc behind him. It wasn't too much of a long road and they soon came to a four way junction but they continued on the way up until they reached the city or town centre. Already they were running around looking for a Tourist Centre but no sign of one.

After an hour of searching around the whole town they couldn't find one. They soon needed a rest and food and already by now the sun was starting to shine and it was morning. They sat down on a bench and looked over to a McDonald's right opposite them. Jason's stomach was rumbling.

"You got any money Ferc?" Ferc rustle in his pockets and pulled out a pound coin. "That should get us a burger to share, we'll halve it." Ferc nodded. He was more tired than Jason. They walked into the fairly empty McDonalds and stepped up behind a tall man in the queue. After leaving with his meal they both stepped up. Jason looked above to the menu and saw a simple cheeseburger for 99p. Ferc looked up to and nodded in agreement with Jason.

"A cheeseburger please the, um, 99p one." The lady behind the counter frowned and looked up at the menu too.
    "Alright we'll be right with you 99p please." Ferc handed over the coin and the Lady returned 1p. The cheeseburger was handed over and they sat down on a two seated table. Jason fairly halved it handing one part to Jason while stuffing the other in his mouth. After Ferc had swallowed a last bite he spoke up.

"No need for this then" he pulled out the penny and flicked it out of his grasp it hit the floor on its edge and rolled along falling onto its side near the wall. Luckily Jason had watched it and saw the penny land beside some sort of black with wires. Jason frowned swallowing his mouthful and walked over towards the black box under the table. He picked it up. Many different coloured wires hung out of it and on top was a small thin screen with numbers on it. When Jason looked more carefully it was going down by one each time. It went from 2:38 to 2:37. Jason heard it ticking each time. He then realised how chunky and heavy it was. Jason placed it down and walked away from it then something struck his mind. It was a bomb.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Sorry for the delay, this one took a while and is very long. Enjoy, critism would REALLY be appreciated!

Chapter 4
    Escape of the Country

Jason looked back. 2:30, in two and a half minutes this place and things around it would blow up.
    "Everybody get out of the building and contact the police there's a bomb!" Ferc raised his eyebrows and walked over to the bomb gasping in shock. A lady from behind the till laughed.

"Yeh right boys, you've had your burger so get out."
    "No, lady, get here and have a look for yourself!" She sighed and walked over angrily looking at it. It just struck two minutes. A few other workers from behind the till and in the kitchen were peering over quite amused.
    "Christ the boy is right, get out everyone!" Some people just ran some curiously went over then seeing the bomb, screaming and running.

Jason and Ferc ran out of the building and both shouted warnings to the street.
    "Stay away from McDonalds there's a bomb inside!" He thought people would laugh but seeing everyone run and scream from McDonalds made the townspeople run as well.
    "I'll get the police, there's a telephone box over there!" Jason said anxiously running across the road avoiding being hit by a small jeep.

He ran in dialled 999 and waited for answer.
    "Your service please" said a posh voice from the other end.
    "Police please, and quickly!"
    "Yes, what's the problem son?"
    "Ok I don't have a clue where I am, somewhere in Wales near the sea outside a McDonalds which as a bomb in it, you need to get here really, really soon to de-activate it!"

"I doubt it" laughed the policeman about to hang up.
    "Well come and arrest me then for lying!" The Policeman laughed again.
    "Alright we'll be here quick."

As the area around McDonalds had seemed to be safely evacuated Ferc ran across the road.
    "I dunno about you, but that bomb could be big so I say let's get as far away as we can!"

Ferc and Jason ran down hill to gain speed. Before they knew it they heard the sirens whistle of a police car. Two rolled up and four police officers came crashing into the empty restaurant. They searched high and low and Ferc and Jason still running knew that there time could be up. Jason heard a distant shout.

"It's here, deactivate now!" There was clatter, more shouts and then the roof of McDonalds ripped open viciously. The whole road and pavement they walked across rippled and cracks appeared everywhere. Jason and Ferc were blown off their feet forwards. Jason looking back up the road after fallen saw the police cars tossed upside down on fire. Several shops around it were in ruins.

"I wanna get out of here" was the first thing Jason said who was almost in tears. Both if his elbows were bleeding terribly but he was too worried and scared to think about the pain. Ferc was better than Jason, just a few scratches.

It was complete luck but a slightly torn map of the word blew lightly into Jason's face. He gasped in surprise and looked around the map.

"According to Holus it's somewhere here and that is really close to Taiwan right?" Ferc nodded in agreement and another piece of pure luck was this part of the city was near the sea, but how did they know which ship went where? The harbour was full of ships. Jason and Ferc walked on, trying not to look back and he was blocking the sounds and screams out of his head. At the harbour there was a timetable, there was a large cargo ship going to Colombo, Sri Lanka. It was a long journey that would take just under a month on this fast ship.

"It seems to be the closest" Ferc sighed looking around for the correct ship. Jason was silent and thinking hard. Did he really have to go through this trouble? Things would be alot easier if he hadn't hid Holus. Then again Holus looked dangerous and scary at the time. It was like he was a different person. Now he and Ferc are going to smuggle on a ship for months? That can't work! The school is starting in a week! At that time Ferc had found the correct ship.

"Come on this is the one."
    "No Ferc we can't go, it's not possible" Jason replied glumly.
    "Why?"
    "Think about it this is going to take just under a month and the school starts in a week, what's the point of going?" Ferc fell silent.
    "Your right, but where will we go?"
    "Plane is the only choice, and how are we going to smuggle on a plane?" Again Ferc fell silent.
    "We'll be able to do it, some way or another but at the moment we need to focus on finding the nearest airport and finding out where we are in Wales. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."
    Jason completely agreed. They ran from the crushed and ripped danger zone and went on search of finding somewhere they could sleep for the night without being disturbed. It was another job of the many they had to do. It was only just Midday so they still had time later to find some information. The two had found an old house that nobody lived in, the door was left open and it wasn't too shabby, better than Holus's house. They then agreed that asking people would be so much easier, and then they could find out where the nearest airport is.

After placing the harshly small amount of belongings they had in the house they set of down the street looking for a kind looking person who wouldn't beat them up or kidnap them. They soon found an old lady walking down the street. She couldn't really beat them up or kidnap them so they asked her. Ferc spoke first.

"Excuse me miss, but what city or town is this?"
    "Eh, I'm married you daft boy!" Jason frowned and Ferc went silent.
    "No, we asked where we are."
    "Your dafter, you don't even know where you live." She cackled and waddled on.

"What did she mean I'm daft?" Ferc asked angrily once she was out of earshot.
    "I think it's because you said miss and she's a Mrs."
    "Oh well we're better of asking a man then?"
    "I suppose but the chances of us being beaten up and kidnapped have gone alarmingly high now" Jason said laughing.

"Your paranoid, you think everyone wants to beat us up or kidnap us!"
    "It's better to be safe than sorry" Jason replied smartly. So off they went searching for someone half decent. Then they found a boy around the age of fourteen or fifteen walking down the street on his own.

"Hey excuse me but do you know where we are?" Jason asked bravely stepping up to the boy.
    "I couldn't tell you, I'm lost!"
    "Talk about having something in common!" Ferc perked up out of the blue. "So, why you lost, tell us your story." The three sat down on a bench.

"My names Nero, you wouldn't believe me but I heard about this underground school in some country far away, I'm trying to get my parents to apply as I'm sure I'd be accepted, but I have to go at a certain age and it's too late for me now to go. So I ran away. They are bad parents after all."

Jason and Ferc's jaws dropped in astonishment.
    "Does that school happen to be called Akili' Warrior Academy?" Jason asked a smile twitching upon his face.
    "Yes that's the one! How did you know?"
    "We're going!" the two shouted at the same time.
    "Oh I envy you two so much, you guys are lucky, so how did you get here then?"
    "Now that's a long story" sighed Jason. They told everything that had happened to them to Nero.

"Wow, that's surprising. Both lost eh?"
    "Yep" replied Ferc in a sad tone. An idea sprung into Jason's head.
    "Hey, we need to smuggle on a plane, you could come to and we could ask the head if you're allowed in, I'm sure they could supply you with what you'll need at the academy." Nero's face lit up but then he lost his smile and faith.

"Thanks, but I doubt it will happen, there's no chance."
    "What have you got to lose?" Ferc asked patting him on the back.
    "I suppose, come on I've got an idea on how to smuggle on a plane!"

The three arrived near the airport after a tiresome walk. Nero pointed at one of them.
    "That'll take us to China, we can do something from there... if we get there" Nero said firmly.
    "Why shouldn't we get there? Is the plan a little risky?" Ferc asked worries stirring his mind.
    "You think smuggling on a plane itself isn't risky? Of course every part of its risky so we have to do this with extreme caution Ok?"

"Oh, Ok" replied Ferc sheepishly.
    "Can we get on with it now, seems a little weird three kids hanging around looking at a certain plane eh?" Ferc and Nero both nodded at Jason.

"It's the best I could do, and also we might not be everyone's best friends so we'll have to hide on the plane, but enter as passengers. We'll enter the airport thirty or so minutes before the right plane leaves, we follow a group of people, acting like we're their children, if anyone comes after saying you haven't booked your children, we keep quiet and then run for it while they're not looking, when we get to the entrance of the plane, say to the guard dude or dudess who's standing there, that our mother or father is coming, then we get on and find a place to hide. Any questions?"

"Good thinking, I wouldn't have thought of that, my plan would be go inside, wait and run onto the plane while nobodies looking" laughed Ferc.

"Well only you would think of that" laughed Jason. Ferc blushed a bit then spoke up.
    "Come on let's quit the small chat and get on the place before any police people ask us why we're hanging outside any airport with no parents."

"Ok worrywort, let's go" Jason laughed.

They entered the large front doors of the airport. People bustled about, babies crying, people sitting and waiting, cheers, police telling drunken boys off and the general noise and actions of a standard airport. They looked around a while, stayed away from any policemen or policewomen so there would be no trouble. They were very quiet. They looked up at the Flight Info screens. After a while they found a flight going to China in two hours at Terminal two. It was settled, but not all was done.

"We can't just go; we need things to keep us going on the plane, be a shame if we all died just before we got there."
    "Yeh, we're going to even need a pee pot" Nero laughed.
    "Can't we just use the plane's toilet?" Ferc asked looking terrified.
    "No, we'll get spotted!"
    "Good point" said Jason nodding looking a little worried now. "Come on, let's go, officer dude over there looks suspicious."

The three left the airport as casually as they could. When they had exited it Jason and Ferc froze, mouths open in awe. Jason's heart stopped several beats.

By the pavement was an old bald man with a cut on his head speaking to an officer.

"I know this is very serious for you, but a bomb has just gone off down the high street, that's our main priority at the moment, what surprises me is they said two boys were the ones who found the bombs, sadly they couldn't give a description."

"Ok thank you officer, call me once you have found anything" replied the Old Holus. Jason and Ferc tried to get away but Nero didn't see any big deal.

"What is it guys, it's just an old man talking to a police" he was cut off as Jason put his hand over his mouth and Ferc pulled him violently.

"Keep your mouth shut and get out of here, I'll explain in a minute!" Jason hissed. They crouched low and hid behind a large bin. Jason peeked through the gap and saw the officer had departed and was heading for the airport. Holus stumbled away slowly.

"What is it?" Ferc asked anxiously.
    "Sshh" was his reply. Holus stopped for a moment and Jason's heart fell in his mouth. He got down but just so one eye could just see Holus. Holus frowned and looked at the bin more closely. He then mumbled something and walked on. The three waited until he had left and they then got up from behind the bin. That same old woman Ferc had addressed earlier strolled by. She looked at them, an amused smile upon here self.

"Daft boys" she laughed and kept on walking.
    "Weird old woman" laughed Nero in the same tone. "Who's she?"
    "Some old woman we asked for directions, she didn't understand us."
    "Yeh so where are we going?" Ferc asked looking around.
    "Err... to a cash machine? We can get money!" Jason said scanning the high street.
    "You have an account?" Ferc exclaimed in a high gasp.
    "No, my dad does though and I know his Pin number, we can take a tenner" Jason said.
    "Good plan" Nero said nodding and lowering his lips down.

They walked up the high street for at least fifteen minutes until they found one.
    Jason stepped up, entered the pin code and took ten pounds from the machine.

"Now let's think carefully on what we pick to buy OK?" Jason asked holding up the money. Ferc nodded as did Nero.

"First we need some food that we can just eat on the way, we can't cook it, microwave it or even heat it up, so it's most likely to be some bottles of juice and packet or sweets of something like that, and don't eat it all at once, spare it through the journey" Nero said now getting ideas and knowing what to do.

They made their way further up the high street until they found a WHSmith.
    "We could get some magazines on the way!" Ferc said jumping up, then looking at all the magazines he could find.
    "Yeh, that'd be cool" replied Jason who didn't seem as much interested. He picked up three Yorkie Bars.
    "These will fill us up, there very chunky." Nero walked over and examined them.
    "Yeh they seem alright" shrugged Nero. Ferc just muttered a "Yeh" as he was flicking through a football magazine.

Ferc picked a magazine after a long while. Nero and Jason just picked up the first decent one they saw. They handed them over to plump man behind the register and he shoved everything in a bag.
    "Come back again" he said smiling.
    "We would, but by the end of today we'll be in another country!" Ferc shouted laughing on his way out.

For the rest of the hour and a half remaining they explored. They didn't bother finding out where they were because they knew they were leaving! They found an old plastic bag and they shoved the last of their money and what they had bought inside.

Jason was getting more nervous, he wasn't sure if they could pull this off, they were only three kids, trying to sneak on a plane to China and get off again without being noticed or arrested. It was a giant deal! Though they had nowhere to go, they were somewhere in Wales and Jason's home was so far away. Even once they had go to China they still had to find the secret country, and that could mean more smuggling. After that they didn't even have a plan! Though it was the only choice, however risky it may be and it would be a bit of an adventure anyway.

They had fifty minutes until the flight left so they made their way towards the airport. It was about to start and things would be dangerous. Could they pull it off?

Back