• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jeju Game Idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Welcome to the Jeju Region! - MAP HERE

Jeju (based off the actual Island called "Jeju-do" in Korea) is a landmass NORTH of the Kanto/Johto continent. It is located an ocean away from Sinnoh's Western Region, and Johto can be reached by a river that runs through Jeju. There are hardly any large bodies of water here, save for the two lakes and the aforementioned river. But there are plenty of mountains.

The Pokemon version name has been determined to be Jet, Mercury, and Hyacinth.

Player Characters
    Trainers

There are two version of the trainer you can play. Their default names are Ryan (male) and Katie (female). If selected he/she will be the son/daughter of the current Jeju Champion, Paul (not the anime character). The player's mother will initially live with the player until he/she sets out on his/her adventure.

The other unselected character, like that of Ver. GSC and FR/LG, will not take part in the gameplay.

Jeju's Professor and Rival

Rival Profile

The rival character's default name is Matt. Although he is more interested in studying Pokemon than battling, his competitive nature compels him to leave his school (the player does not see him until he/she goes to its first out-of-hometown city) and become the player's rival. Despite the initial isolation from player, the rival will still be having a starter pokemon that the player's starter pokemon has an elemental weakness to (i.e. if player starts with grass, rival has fire, etc.). His mom will tell the player (both families live in the same hometown) to meet him in that city to send him a special package, which contains 2 World Maps, Pokedexes, and PokeTechs.

The professor of Jeju's name is Professor Maple. She is interested in studying the natures/IV/EVs of Pokemon and live in the same town as the player. Her known family members are her son (a gym leader) and her grandson (rival - see below)

Storyline (Tenative)
    The player starts at his/her home, watching a Pokemon League battle and seeing his/her father win again...in fact, you never have seen your father lose once, and the player's mom comments on that in the side. Suddenly, the rival's mother says that she needs the player to send a special package. So you take the bundle and start to leave. Before leaving, however, the mother advises you to go to Prof. Maple's Lab.

Despite this suggestion, the player inadvertently goes to the wild grass, which attracts a PEKTERN. Suddenly, some mysterious man appears, scolds the player and quickly dispatches the Pokemon with his Sandslash. After it is over, he looks at the player and remarks "You seem to have great potential, although you did a silly thing. I hope to see you sometime..."

Soon after, the player goes to Prof. Maple's Lab to get his/her starter. During the process the player mentions how a man came to save him/her, which quiets the Professor. She does not seem to like this encounter at all...

-TBC-

PLEASE SEE MY NEXT POST HERE FOR THE POKEMON.

Last edited:

Bakun

Not active here.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    I love the landscape and the map! i love the Fakemon and the characters :D
    Mind if i make a sprite for Jagurion?
    I just love it :D Maybe because it looks like a cat and cats are my favorite kind of animal :)

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
    Years
    Wow, those are neat. I'm really impressed with the world map as I would never have as much patience as to draw one... xD
    And wow, I might actually pick the grass starter for this region. But you made all of them look SWEET.
    On another note, I'd love to do sprites for these, but I went and broke my right arm, and I'm right-handed.

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    EDITED TO FILL IN REST OF THE INFO.

Starter Pokemon

FYI, theses all look like Pokemon to me. All "OMG THEY ARE DIGIMON" comments are discouraged...because both inexplicably influenced my idea. But saying they are digimon gets me annoyed. Also if you plan to say this, tell me why it does and tips on how to fix the digimonification. Thank you.

FYI, reason for my putting links instead of images is simple: I DONT GET ART STOLEN EASILY THRU DEVIANTART.

Grass Starter
    This grass starter was based on an Armadillo. It starts as a grass type, but its 2nd and final form is a grass/fighting type.
    Leaflo -> Sproudon -> Armatree

----------

Fire Starter
    This fire starter was based on a lemur, raccon, and wolverine. It starts as a fire type, but its 2nd and final form is a fire/dark type.

Embrit -> Flintail -> Imferine

----------

Water Starter
    This water starter was based on a jaguarundi/fishing cat (cats that like water). The designs however slightly diverge from the original animal. It starts as a water type, but its final form is a water/psychic type.

Dewka -> Merater -> Jaguron

----------
    Other Dex Entries (Will be in order soon...)
    Other than the starter...I will put sketches/dex entries of other Pokemon ideas here.

Pektern -> Pekkon -> Pekran

Lemeep -> Leminx

Pupsqeak -> Watchun

Antrot -> Jaggant -> Antroyl (female-only evo)

Worvae -> Chryspod -> Bombeetle

Preyntis -> Graptis

Pollebat ->

Flitweet -> Fleetwin

Sharwhelp -> Narwhaln

Chingling -> Chimecho -> Dongcheo

Cirquis ->

Spinda -> Torsinda

Skitty (male) -> Tuftkat

Weazi -> Sneasel -> Weavile

Pinsir -> Pulversir

Castform -> Castmorph ( Castform Weather Forms: 1 - 2 - 3 )

End
    Cookies, comments, ratings are welcome. Again, no mindless digimon comments; see my notice on the Starter Pokemon section. More to be posted soon.

Last edited:

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Here here, I'm impressed with all of this too. :D

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Thank you!

I put the starter evos together now as wallpaper...if enough people want it, I'll let them dl it...

GO!

Fiver

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    awesome art, I especially liked your Jeju rival.

Fiver

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Awesome rat pokemon art, good names for them too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back