• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond hack: Jello's Beta Diamond Hack

Should I add the unfinished/placeholder sprites that have different designs from the final? (Arceus,

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Jello's Beta Diamond Hack

I worked on most of this during August/September, took a break, and came back to it.

Ever wanted to know what Pokémon Diamond could have been like in an alternate universe where Game Freak kept certain beta elements of the game?
    Well, now you can!

Features

Beta Front/Back sprites for Pokémon who have them.

Beta menu icons for Pokémon who have them.

Beta overworld sprites for NPC's.

Beta music tracks for various parts of the game, including battles.

Pokémon location/moveset changes inspired by the beta.

Some minor map alterations based off of the beta.

Beta tilesets- experience Sinnoh with a different look!

.....and more are planned for the future!

Screenshots

The patch was made with "Pokemon - Diamond Version (USA) (Rev 5)", so I would recommend patching using that rom. Other Diamond roms could work, but might create miscellaneous issues. Don't report bugs related to this!

However, I would appreciate feedback on the current build. Feel free to reply with any glitches, errors, or suggestions!

*Please note that I am aware of certain front sprite animations being "glitched". This is because most of the beta sprites only have one frame instead of two like the finished ones do. I'm working on a fix for those ones.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/58qav4e7rlr7dl3/Jello%2527s_Beta_Diamond_Hack_1.0.ups/file

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    how far along is the current build? if the main games playable i'm more than willing on giving detailed feedback

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    if there will be new version i hope they will use ealy layouts for jubilife city and oreburgh city

Years
    if there will be new version i hope they will use ealy layouts for jubilife city and oreburgh city

the next build will have the early jubelife layout and multiple routes (201, 204, 209, 210, 213, 216, and 217 for now.) they are implemented and only need a few more fixes so i'm planning on uploading it (along with some animation fixes) as 1.1 soon.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    also half of sprites need to have additional frames because most of them are static plus some textures are corrupted

Back