• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto in the Trainer Memo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
  • They probably didn't put in "From Kanto," because the areas are already coded in for transfer from FR/LG or whatever, at least as far as I can tell...correct me if I'm wrong.

Or possibly, Pokemon caught in this supposed G/S/C remake will say "From Johto" regardless of the region you actually caught them in. Lazy Gamefreak. :P

dakelland12

fire type master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2007
    i think they might put in hoen in it instead of kanto i hope they do

Sharpedge

Name Rater
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    I hope there is a G/S/C remake, they are the best generation, IMO.

~Sharp

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • does his mean IF they make a G/S/C remake they'll maybe make a R/S/E casue of FR/LG? (going in order):R/B/Y-G/S/C-R/S/E-FR/LG-D/P/?-Gold/Silver Remmake-5th Generation-ruby/Saph Remake? but maybe that wont happen... if it does we would hav ta wait to oh lets say 2012

lol maybe they'll name it red Ruby and Blue saph.... LOL

anyway i agree wif everyone 2ND GENERATION IS BEST!!!

Pika_blue

Cipher ***** Gorigan HATER
    Years
  • does his mean IF they make a G/S/C remake they'll maybe make a R/S/E casue of FR/LG? (going in order):R/B/Y-G/S/C-R/S/E-FR/LG-D/P/?-Gold/Silver Remmake-5th Generation-ruby/Saph Remake? but maybe that wont happen... if it does we would hav ta wait to oh lets say 2012

anyway i agree wif everyone 2ND GENERATION IS BEST!!!

FR/LG was a remake of the first two games, they will prob. not make another one. They won't make a remake of RSE becaue Quite Frankly, everyone is satisfied with the Battle Frontier, the Graphics and the Pokemon.

Oh, and I thought of a reson that Johto was programmed ingame. Maybe it was because Jasmine appears in-game, and she was a Johto gymleader.

And Yes, I do agree, Second Gen is best.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    does his mean IF they make a G/S/C remake they'll maybe make a R/S/E casue of FR/LG? (going in order):R/B/Y-G/S/C-R/S/E-FR/LG-D/P/?-Gold/Silver Remmake-5th Generation-ruby/Saph Remake? but maybe that wont happen... if it does we would hav ta wait to oh lets say 2012

Well, that'd be weird. Why remake games when they're able to connect with D/P as-is?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    yh i think they shall just make G/S/C remakes so that it is easier to get all pokemon *sighs* finally

Law07

<--Kaboom-->
    Years
  • has anyone actually emailed suggestions like this to nintendo or The Pokemon Company? Cause chances are they wont be searching the web for opinions.

Shion

Uso da!!!
    Years
  • Okay, let me get this straight:

I know we all want a G/S remake.

I know fans are screaming out to Nintendo to create one.

I know that Gold and Silver deserve a remake just as much as Red and Green.

But the truth is that THERE WON'T BE A REMAKE.

Stop keeping your pathetic hopes up. If you check the mailbox on the English Pokemon site, you would find that they won't make a remake BECAUSE WE CAN GET ALL THE POKEMON ALREADY ON THE OTHER GAMES! No respect for the classic Johto region we all knew.

You know what the problem is with these people making these games and this Pokemon anime? I'll tell you what: they have no respect for fans. They are just like those stupid currupt businesspeople in charge of making animation in the USA who insist on only making animated movies for children that insult everyone else's intelligence (ie. Chicken Little and Teamo Supremo (ick)).

Do you think the people at Nintendo will listen to our screaming and pleas? OF COURSE NOT!! They never want to replace their staff members and think up wild and fascinating ideas because they ALWAYS HAVE TO STICK TO TRADITION! They only remade the Red and Green games because they were the first games. Do you think they care about what a bunch of rambling adults and teenagers think? They'll only turn a deaf ear to us and pay attention to the pathetic "keep your show the way it is" of little undiscriminating children who actually GROW UP. HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE GROWN UP FROM THAT BLASTED ANIME CALLED POKEMON?!

I'm sick and tired of you wasting your breath and fingers saying you want a remake. Why don't you kill yourself and go to heaven, where you probably can play anything your miserable brains can think up? Fanservice isn't part of Nintendo's vocabulary, so shut up because there won't be a remake of the Gold and Silver versions, and that's final.

So have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year without complaining. :classic:

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    There are two main reasons why there won't (I think) be a GSC remake:
    1) You can already catch all the GSC Pokemon in Xd/Colo, etc.
    2) The game's all about Ho-oh and Lugia, no? But they already made the two unobatainable.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    Stop keeping your pathetic hopes up. If you check the mailbox on the English Pokemon site, you would find that they won't make a remake BECAUSE WE CAN GET ALL THE POKEMON ALREADY ON THE OTHER GAMES! No respect for the classic Johto region we all knew.

I am Sorry, but this statment really doesn't mean anything at all. Pokemon.com is maintained by people paid to do it by being given press releases and stuff to rewrite. These people know very, very little more than we do at any given time so this is merely an opinion by one of the writers.

Opinions can be wrong, you know.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Okay, let me get this straight:

I know we all want a G/S remake.

I know fans are screaming out to Nintendo to create one.

I know that Gold and Silver deserve a remake just as much as Red and Green.

But the truth is that THERE WON'T BE A REMAKE.

You know what the problem is with these people making these games and this Pokemon anime? I'll tell you what: they have no respect for fans. They are just like those stupid currupt businesspeople in charge of making animation in the USA who insist on only making animated movies for children that insult everyone else's intelligence (ie. Chicken Little and Teamo Supremo (ick)).

Do you think the people at Nintendo will listen to our screaming and pleas? OF COURSE NOT!! They never want to replace their staff members and think up wild and fascinating ideas because they ALWAYS HAVE TO STICK TO TRADITION! They only remade the Red and Green games because they were the first games. Do you think they care about what a bunch of rambling adults and teenagers think? They'll only turn a deaf ear to us and pay attention to the pathetic "keep your show the way it is" of little undiscriminating children who actually GROW UP. HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE GROWN UP FROM THAT BLASTED ANIME CALLED POKEMON?!

I'm sick and tired of you wasting your breath and fingers saying you want a remake. Why don't you kill yourself and go to heaven, where you probably can play anything your miserable brains can think up? Fanservice isn't part of Nintendo's vocabulary, so shut up because there won't be a remake of the Gold and Silver versions, and that's final.

So have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year without complaining. :classic:

Apparently you've had a bad holiday season...well, don't take it out on us. I'm seriously considering reporting you for the flaming...

Also, without concrete proof, that all is basically your opinion and, as the last poster already said, opinions can be wrong.

Shion

Uso da!!!
    Years
  • Apparently you've had a bad holiday season...well, don't take it out on us. I'm seriously considering reporting you for the flaming...

Also, without concrete proof, that all is basically your opinion and, as the last poster already said, opinions can be wrong.

Yeah, but you have to admit that in about 500 episodes, the Pokemon show has about 1/10 the amount of character development that most good anime have in 26 episodes. They just don't want to throw out Ash Ketchum and his electric rat from Hell out of the show in order to please indiscriminating kids.

I also wish at least one Pokemon would be like this after being hit by a hyper beam:
    Johto in the Trainer Memo
    (if I am banned for posting this picture, I really hope it is temporary)

All people who are sick of adorably hateable cartoon critters such as Pikachu should watch Happy Tree Friends.

Oh yes, and my holiday season was a gas, but thanks for being so concerned.

Dark Kratos

Black Knight of the pkmn world
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2007
    well I have been searching the web for info on a possible remake and came across a wiki for it with some rather interesting stuff.

Evidence

Hints of a remake have been mentioned in multiple Pokémon games, including Fire Red and Leaf Green. Also Evidence of a remake had been found in the game data of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, realesed for the Nintendo DS. Some of the in-game item pictures feature a Key Item named the S.S.Anne Ticket. This ticket was featured in the Pokémon games: Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Fire Red/Leaf Green. This does beg the question of why is this item in the data.

Other evidence from Diamond & Pearl, is some more Game Data, which deals with the Pokémon's Trainer Memo data, on the Pokémon's Status Screen. It includes Johto as one of the places where a Pokémon can be caught or traded from, however a Pokémon on the advance generation games CANNOT have a Pokémon caught in, or traded from Johto.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold_and_Silver_Remake

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    well I have been searching the web for info on a possible remake and came across a wiki for it with some rather interesting stuff.

Evidence

Hints of a remake have been mentioned in multiple Pokémon games, including Fire Red and Leaf Green. Also Evidence of a remake had been found in the game data of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, realesed for the Nintendo DS. Some of the in-game item pictures feature a Key Item named the S.S.Anne Ticket. This ticket was featured in the Pokémon games: Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Fire Red/Leaf Green. This does beg the question of why is this item in the data.

Other evidence from Diamond & Pearl, is some more Game Data, which deals with the Pokémon's Trainer Memo data, on the Pokémon's Status Screen. It includes Johto as one of the places where a Pokémon can be caught or traded from, however a Pokémon on the advance generation games CANNOT have a Pokémon caught in, or traded from Johto.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold_and_Silver_Remake

Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • The thing about this one is that the Pokémon location can be pointed out as "From Johto". What that could potentially mean is possibly a Gold and Silver remake, yes. That's a more convincing reference than "Norman came from Johto".

But I digress - if there WILL be a GSC series remake, it should include "From Kanto", otherwise it's not a remake, but a spinoff.

Yes, if they are to remake Gold and Silver, they would have to include Kanto. If they don't, then it would just be a spinoff. Oh, and if many of you guys haven't noticed, Crystal will most likely not be remade. Why? Because, when Fire Red and Leaf Green came out, Yellow version was not remade. If they did, it may of been called Thunder Yellow, anyway. If they did remake Pokemon Yellow, it would mean taking a step backwards threw time. See, Pokemon Leaf, Fire, and Aqua are remakes but also spinoffs. In Fire, Leaf, and Aqua, you live in a time period different from Red, Blue, and Yellow, also Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Well, in each game (Yellow,Crystal, and Emerald) certain things happen in that time period that can't and wont happen again. Examples: Yellow: You caught mewtwo, and the house below Fushia City appeared. (notice how this is kinda following the anime series (except for the catching of mewtwo)). Crystal: The sighting of Suicune, battle, and capture of Suicune and Battle Tower apeared. (again following the anime, except for the capture of Suicune). Finally, Emerald: The precursers of the fight against Groudon and Kyogre, the appearance of Rayquaza, and Battle Frontier appeared.(know I didn't really watch the Hoenn series of the anime, but I know Battle Frontier was in it).

Ok, so know I've shown you three examples of why Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald can't be remade. Beause that would be altering time, but thats why they made a remake-half-spinoff of Red, Blure, and Green. All your doing in Leaf, Fire, and Aqua are revisiting Kanto at a later date. So I cant see why not, why wouldn't they remake Gold and Silver.

But there is a way to make a spinoff of Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald. And it might occur when the game after Pearl and Diamond come out. But I not going to say anything, I'm just going to wait and see.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yes, if they are to remake Gold and Silver, they would have to include Kanto. If they don't, then it would just be a spinoff. Oh, and if many of you guys haven't noticed, Crystal will most likely not be remade. Why? Because, when Fire Red and Leaf Green came out, Yellow version was not remade. If they did, it may of been called Thunder Yellow, anyway. If they did remake Pokemon Yellow, it would mean taking a step backwards threw time. See, Pokemon Leaf, Fire, and Aqua are remakes but also spinoffs. In Fire, Leaf, and Aqua, you live in a time period different from Red, Blue, and Yellow, also Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Well, in each game (Yellow,Crystal, and Emerald) certain things happen in that time period that can't and wont happen again. Examples: Yellow: You caught mewtwo, and the house below Fushia City appeared. (notice how this is kinda following the anime series (except for the catching of mewtwo)). Crystal: The sighting of Suicune, battle, and capture of Suicune and Battle Tower apeared. (again following the anime, except for the capture of Suicune). Finally, Emerald: The precursers of the fight against Groudon and Kyogre, the appearance of Rayquaza, and Battle Frontier appeared.(know I didn't really watch the Hoenn series of the anime, but I know Battle Frontier was in it).

Ok, so know I've shown you three examples of why Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald can't be remade. Beause that would be altering time, but thats why they made a remake-half-spinoff of Red, Blure, and Green. All your doing in Leaf, Fire, and Aqua are revisiting Kanto at a later date. So I cant see why not, why wouldn't they remake Gold and Silver.

But there is a way to make a spinoff of Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald. And it might occur when the game after Pearl and Diamond come out. But I not going to say anything, I'm just going to wait and see.

First off, where's this "Pokemon Aqua" stuff coming from?

Second, things happened in each of the past games that make FR/LG have to be in the same time period (namely, the capture of the Legendaries, as you mentioned--Mewtwo's available in both RBY AND FR/LG). So, while they might be some sort of crazy spinoffs, they have to be in the same time period. Therefore, we've already gone back in time and a Thunder Yellow would not be a problem due to that.

Of course, the most likely timeline is that RBY essentially never existed and RSE & FRLG are happening at once (not GSC as that's already confirmed by the game itself to be a few years afterwards, and D/P's supposed to be at the same time, so that's out as well).

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • Im sure that the majority of us would like to see a remake for the G/S/C series, and it would be nice to see many new features within the Johto region. For one it would be awesome to see the use of different sprites for the pokemon and animation during battling. Adittional storylines would be great too and im sure they would add the 3-d feel to it as they did for the d/p versions.

~Kipper~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back