• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto in the Trainer Memo

Status
Not open for further replies.

wobbuffetds

Now it's time for my friends!
Years
  • Pokemon and Orange Islands - Two movies
    Journeys, League Champions, Master Quest - Three movies
    Advanced, Challenge, Advanced Battle, Battle Frontier P1 and P2 - Five Movies
    DP - I won't go nuts if there are seven movies.

Look at all the legendaries...ALL OF THEM.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • First off, where's this "Pokemon Aqua" stuff coming from?

Second, things happened in each of the past games that make FR/LG have to be in the same time period (namely, the capture of the Legendaries, as you mentioned--Mewtwo's available in both RBY AND FR/LG). So, while they might be some sort of crazy spinoffs, they have to be in the same time period. Therefore, we've already gone back in time and a Thunder Yellow would not be a problem due to that.

Of course, the most likely timeline is that RBY essentially never existed and RSE & FRLG are happening at once (not GSC as that's already confirmed by the game itself to be a few years afterwards, and D/P's supposed to be at the same time, so that's out as well).

I Think in Japan they made Aqua Blue, instead of Leaf Green, the opposite of what happened with Red And Blue when they came out. But I could of sworn that happened, but I may be wrong. Also, the RBY timeline did exist, cause in GSC, you could use the time machine to trade with red blue, and yellow. Know, I'm pretty sure that RSE, Leaf, Fire, and DP are in the same time period.

And yes, Thunder Yellow, (if it existed, and was called that) would be a problem. Don't you see the resemblence from the anime and the games? Lots of people say that the anime has nothing to do with the games, but they actually do. Again I'm going to explain.

In yellow version, there was a house that was below Fushia City, and had something to do with surfing Pikachu. That house was not in Red, or blue, but was in the anime. In Crystal, the sightings Suicune happened in the anime as well. And in Emerald, the Battle Frontier appeared, just like in the anime. So, the last version for each generation deals more with the anime than any other version of that generation, M'kay.

Second, things happened in each of the past games that make FR/LG have to be in the same time period (namely, the capture of the Legendaries, as you mentioned--Mewtwo's available in both RBY AND FR/LG).

Okay, for the record, the capturing of the legendaries has nothing to do with the anime, its just so the gamer's can "catch'em all". Thats why you can catch them again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    And yes, Thunder Yellow, (if it existed, and was called that) would be a problem. Don't you see the resemblence from the anime and the games? Lots of people say that the anime has nothing to do with the games, but they actually do. Again I'm going to explain.

In yellow version, there was a house that was below Fushia City, and had something to do with surfing Pikachu. That house was not in Red, or blue, but was in the anime. In Crystal, the sightings Suicune happened in the anime as well. And in Emerald, the Battle Frontier appeared, just like in the anime. So, the last version for each generation deals more with the anime than any other version of that generation, M'kay.

Okay, for the record, the capturing of the legendaries has nothing to do with the anime, its just so the gamer's can "catch'em all". Thats why you can catch them again.

Actually, I have noticed that before, but FR/LG aren't comparable to what's going on in the anime--the Battle Frontier comes from Emerald, and there're no Gym battles right now. FR/LG are strictly remakes/spinoffs, completely separate from the anime, and that's what Thunder Yellow would be as well.

And, yeah the legendaries' captures don't have anything to do with the anime, but the RBY legendaries were made unavailable in GSC, supposedly because of the time difference (since we already caught them in RBY). That's why I was saying that FR/LG had to be in the same time period as RBY, or else Nintendo changed their minds along the way (which actually isn't TOO unlikely...).

I thought that D/P had already been confirmed to be in the same time period as GSC...

Captain Arcane

Years
  • Actually, I have noticed that before, but FR/LG aren't comparable to what's going on in the anime--the Battle Frontier comes from Emerald, and there're no Gym battles right now. FR/LG are strictly remakes/spinoffs, completely separate from the anime, and that's what Thunder Yellow would be as well.

And, yeah the legendaries' captures don't have anything to do with the anime, but the RBY legendaries were made unavailable in GSC, supposedly because of the time difference (since we already caught them in RBY). That's why I was saying that FR/LG had to be in the same time period as RBY, or else Nintendo changed their minds along the way (which actually isn't TOO unlikely...).

I thought that D/P had already been confirmed to be in the same time period as GSC...

I know FR/LG aren't comparable to the anime, if I said that, I didn't mean to. Yes, FR/LG are more of spinoffs than remakes because of time. The RBY legendaries where made unavailable in GSC because you could trade with RBY and get them. And I don't really know how you see FR/LG being in the same time period as RBY. To me that makes no sense at all.

And Hiroshi Sotomura, I never said that Fire Red and Leaf Green didn't corispond with Red and Blue. I'm just saying that Fire Red and Leaf Green are spinoffs from Red and Blue.

Example: The Sevii Islands were not in Red or Blue, but they were in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Berries were never a part of Red and Blue, or the powder bottle.

Your pokemon could never hold items in Red and Blue.

You could only catch 151 Pokemon in Red and Blue, in Fire Red and Leaf Green you could catch 386.

Know some of you people may think I'm being way to specific but a remake means a "remake," down to the very last mega byte. If there is even just one little thing that is new to the remake that was not from the original, it becomes a spinoff, almost a remake though. Even for me, I find that hard to believe, but its true.

And like I said before, the anime really corisponds with the last version of each generation more than any other version from any given generation.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I know FR/LG aren't comparable to the anime, if I said that, I didn't mean to. Yes, FR/LG are more of spinoffs than remakes because of time. The RBY legendaries where made unavailable in GSC because you could trade with RBY and get them. And I don't really know how you see FR/LG being in the same time period as RBY. To me that makes no sense at all.

...Okay, I must have misunderstood something.

And I say that FR/LG are in the same time period as RBY (or rather, remakes of them with advanced graphics and the Sevii Islands added in) because of the Legendaries' availability. What I understood about the Legendaries missing from GSC (I think I read this in the official strategy guide or something, I don't exactly remember. But it WAS from a Nintendo source) was that they were missing because the R/B character had already caught them all, and them being in GSC would ruin the idea of the Legendaries being one-of-a-kind, which is why I used Mewtwo as an example (after all, as we all know, Mewtwo IS one-of-a-kind in the timeline). However, they show up again in FR/LG, obviously, which tells me that they are the same games as RBY, just redone. Therefore, as I mentioned before, it is most likely that R/B never existed as far as the timeline is now concerned as FR/LG take their place. As far as Yellow goes, though, I'm starting to consider that not canon partly due to the lack of a remake and partly due to how it was sort of a rewrite that's been overwritten (adding your partner Pikachu into the story, then dropping it with FR/LG). There's also the fact that it was labeled "Special Pikachu Edition", which kind of leans toward the idea that it was just a special thing for kids to get to play as if they were Ash, Pikachu and all.

I hope that made sense.

Captain Arcane

Years
  • ...Okay, I must have misunderstood something.

And I say that FR/LG are in the same time period as RBY (or rather, remakes of them with advanced graphics and the Sevii Islands added in) because of the Legendaries' availability. What I understood about the Legendaries missing from GSC (I think I read this in the official strategy guide or something, I don't exactly remember. But it WAS from a Nintendo source) was that they were missing because the R/B character had already caught them all, and them being in GSC would ruin the idea of the Legendaries being one-of-a-kind, which is why I used Mewtwo as an example (after all, as we all know, Mewtwo IS one-of-a-kind in the timeline). However, they show up again in FR/LG, obviously, which tells me that they are the same games as RBY, just redone. Therefore, as I mentioned before, it is most likely that R/B never existed as far as the timeline is now concerned as FR/LG take their place. As far as Yellow goes, though, I'm starting to consider that not canon partly due to the lack of a remake and partly due to how it was sort of a rewrite that's been overwritten (adding your partner Pikachu into the story, then dropping it with FR/LG). There's also the fact that it was labeled "Special Pikachu Edition", which kind of leans toward the idea that it was just a special thing for kids to get to play as if they were Ash, Pikachu and all.

I hope that made sense.

But see, I think RBY and LG/FR are in two different time periods. You say different because you are able to catch Mewtwo, which Mewtwo is kinda a special legendary, but the only reason they put him in LG/FR is so you could catch him, and use him in FR/LG/R/S/E/Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness. So thats why I think its in a different time period. But I supose that we might always have two different opinions. But whatever, I still think that LG/FR are in different time periods, plus I also have a lot of evidence to back up my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    But see, I think RBY and LG/FR are in two different time periods. You say different because you are able to catch Mewtwo, which Mewtwo is kinda a special legendary, but the only reason they put him in LG/FR is so you could catch him, and use him in FR/LG/R/S/E/Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness. So thats why I think its in a different time period. But I supose that we might always have two different opinions. But whatever, I still think that LG/FR are in different time periods, plus I also have a lot of evidence to back up my opinion.

Okay, then may I ask you how you account for TWO of a Legendary that, no matter how you look at it, is one-of-a-kind (not counting other copies of the game, of course)?

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • Wait didnt the games come before the anime (not counting R/B/Y)?

And why wouldnt they make a G/S/C remake? theres nothing stopping them and they could make alot of money from it.

Also are you sure you can already catch all the obtainable pokemon? because i am pretty sure that you cant catch stantler,Milktank,Mareep and all the other pokemon you catch in altering cave?

Years
  • Wait didnt the games come before the anime (not counting R/B/Y)?

And why wouldnt they make a G/S/C remake? theres nothing stopping them and they could make alot of money from it.

Also are you sure you can already catch all the obtainable pokemon? because i am pretty sure that you cant catch stantler,Milktank,Mareep and all the other pokemon you catch in altering cave?

I think you can catch all of those in Emerald.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Actually, we're talking about G/S remake. I miss those games. Nintendo/Gamefreak owe us a remake because of the clock glitch. You know how in R/S how it would say "internal clock run dry". It did that in G/S too. That's why it won't save. They owe us.

stezy

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    They shud just make a game with all the regions in it, i think it would be kl, although it wud take up alot of the games memory, you wuddnt get bored so fath of completing it and you would truly be able to catch them all, or make an anime version where ash can travel through all the missed out bits in the game like the battle frontier being in Kanto and so on...
    Either way a johto remake would be pretty swell but i cant see that happening when they included most of i in Kanto but as Sevii instead. Besides after Sinnoh there will prob be a new region

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2007
    I think that you guys are making way big of a deal out of the timelines of the games. Fire red and Leaf green are remakes with things added in the games. FR/LG and RBY have to be in the same time because why would team rocket reenact there plans again a few years later? Giovanni desides to take over the same places twice? LOL, anyways, maybe I am just being ignorant. you tell me..

But a GSC remake would be really nice because its a lot of people's favorite generation. But they might not because all johto pokemon are already catchable.

EDIT: sorry. I did not realize how old this topic is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back