• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Beat all 8 Gyms, caught my Lugia, went up to E4.

Haven't progressed far from here, since the Pokeathlons are so fun!
    My Togechick is a 5-medal athlete right now, and we only need to break the top record for Pokesaucer to get into the 2nd "exclusive" room.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    + my 3rd attempt to fight morty:
    - he uses gastly, i used croconaw's bite to OHKO it.
    - then he releases gengar, i released pidgeotto. shadow ball didn't managed to damage, but the move hypnosis still managed to get me although i lowered the accuracy 'till the limit. (i only used 3 or 2 awakenings, since none of gengar attacks will hit pidgeotto) reducing gengar's hp slowly by gust and twister ;D sucker punch wasn't a big deal. lol
    - i OHKO'd the haunters with croconaw's bite of course XD
    + got the fog badge! progressing further to olivine city..
    + evolved croconaw and flaaffy.
    + met jasmine and amphy.
    + getting to ciandwood atm. what i'm supposed to do next? the old man's blocking the only route to get there.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Arrived in Kanto last night, i defeated the trainers in Vermillion Gym, once i'd done that i decided to get the gym badges in order (starting with Brock and finish with Green), i left it at that last night and put my ds away for the night.

This morning i headed straight for Cerulean town, battling all the trainers on the way. Passed through Cerulean City and onto the route to the right leading to the power plant, i surfed down to the power plant and spoke to the guy there, i got stopped by the guard on the way out who presumably asked for my co-operation, i returned to Cerulean City and entered the gym where i spotted the Rocket Grunt, he babbled a load of japanese and left the building, i cornered him on route 25 and battled him, i returned to the gym and obtained the machine part, i gave it back to the guy at the power plant and flew to Lavender town, i obtained the EXPN card from the radio tower and returned to Vermillion City, i caught the Snorlax and headed through the tunnel to Pewter City, i walked to Pallet town avoiding all the trainers (wanted to battle them as i headed north), i spoke to Professor Oak and eventually left his lab, i headed back to Pewter City battling all the trainers along the way.

When i arrived in Pewter City i healed my pokemon and headed straight for the gym. I battled the trainers in the gym then spoke to Brock and challenged him to a battle.

Brock was easy to defeat, all of his pokemon were One Hit Knock Outs.

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv76
    Infernape Lv75
    Espeon Lv75
    Rhyperior Lv75
    Spiritomb Lv75
    Togekiss Lv75

Years
    + my 3rd attempt to fight morty:
    - he uses gastly, i used croconaw's bite to OHKO it.
    - then he releases gengar, i released pidgeotto. shadow ball didn't managed to damage, but the move hypnosis still managed to get me although i lowered the accuracy 'till the limit. (i only used 3 or 2 awakenings, since none of gengar attacks will hit pidgeotto) reducing gengar's hp slowly by gust and twister ;D sucker punch wasn't a big deal. lol
    - i OHKO'd the haunters with croconaw's bite of course XD
    + got the fog badge! progressing further to olivine city..
    + evolved croconaw and flaaffy.
    + met jasmine and amphy.
    + getting to ciandwood atm. what i'm supposed to do next? the old man's blocking the only route to get there.
    Damn it's been a while (it was like a week since I did that bit, and yes, it's a long time for me)...

I've just been levelling like maddddd.... I have about 5 lvl 100s now.
    I also managed to sucessfully breed a shiny shuckle... :|

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Haven't made much progress in the game, switched to Kazo's english patch as it's more up to date, found out that the hg/ss gym editing program works (it didn't work when i used Raqib's patch) to make the rest of the game more challenging (as i have a team at level 76) i raised all the Kanto gym leader levels by 20-30 (Misty has Lv70-74, Green has Lv81-86 pokemon), i've also increased Red's levels by 10.

Note: Hopefully i'm not posting anything i shouldn't be (e.g. emulation), i will edit this if it isn't allowed

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv76
    Infernape Lv76
    Espeon Lv76
    Spiritomb Lv76
    Rhyperior Lv76
    Togekiss Lv76

Update: Just defeated Misty, i'm glad i made it more challenging otherwise it would have been too easy, i swapped her Quagsire for a Milotic which made it even harder as it doesn't have a second type (e.g. Psychic), her Golduck was Lv70, her Milotic was Lv70, her Lapras was Lv73 and her Starmie was Lv75, i'm looking forward to battling Lt.Surge now as he will be just as hard to defeat.

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv77
    Infernape Lv77
    Espeon Lv77
    Spiritomb Lv78
    Rhyperior Lv77
    Togekiss Lv78

Update: Defeated Surge, on the way to Celadon via Rock Tunnel, Rhyperior is now Lv79

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I actually won a bug catching contest the other day the first time ever i never wone one in the origional games, this time the first one i enter i win :D

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Erika, i should have increased the levels even more for her and Surge (she had (Jumpluff Lv75, Tangrowth Lv76, Victreebel Lv78, Bellossom Lv78), i know for a fact that Sabrina will be tougher, i'll find out when i get there.

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv77
    Infernape Lv79
    Espeon Lv77
    Rhyperior Lv79
    Spiritomb Lv79
    Togekiss Lv78

Update 2:

Just defeated Sabrina, going to return to Lavender town and head south to Fuschia City(can't go on cycling lane as i never picked up the bike lol)

Last edited:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
    Chapter I: A Pure Beginning
    I restarted my HeartGold as I with excitement started the game as I quit the last one because of cheating. It is time for a pure beginning. I picked the male player and named him Ben as short of my name.

I got the call from Prof. Elm as I rushed to the lab I crushed into one hyperactive Marill as soon as I spotted a very pretty young girl. Marill jumped into her arms as she slowly turn and ran. I didn't get a chance to meet her though.

As I entered the lab I felt overwhelmed with such knowledge and books as I spotted my second idol Prof. Elm. Besides Oak he was very famous on his research on recently discovered Pichu. He asked me to visit Mr. Pokemon for some important information. He also let me pick one of those three Pokemon. So I stood in front of the white machine and the glass cover through which I could see three Pokeballs.

I decided to pick something different this time so picked...

Chikorita
    Male - LV 5

Nickname: Chico
    Stat Boost: Speed
    Nature: ???

I quickly befriend that little buddy as I decided to keep him out of the ball so we could share the traveling excitement together. As I left the lab with the helpful Potions I got from the Elms aide, the same pretty girl with her Marill started approaching me.

She revealed her name was Kotone and she was just as a beginner as me. She was rather surprised to see Chikorita already taken as she wanted one, well too bad :D

It was THE day. It was time to say goodbye to my mom. It hard though, farewells are always hard. She hugged me after she revealed to have bought a brand new POKeGEAR. I was so excited!!

And so I went out in the wildness of the route 29. Who knows what kind of new adventures are awaiting for me...we will just have to wait and see.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone help me to determine the nature of Chico? Its boost stat is Speed.

Last edited:

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    Just got my chikorita (grass types rule). Proceeded to get togepi (Eggy)

Falkner was a bit of a problem. Why couldnt he just have 2 pidgey and a hoothoot. Indtead he opted to go for steroids and get a lv 13 Pidgeotto.

Actually, He got it from viridian forest because I saw a lv 13 pidgeotto on my cousins playfile. Strange.

lv 15 Chikorita
    lv 13 Togepi

I used the onix that guy gave me to destroy falkner. Then dumped it in my box.

edit: uh, Ben, we need to know its stat boost and its stat reduction. For example, jolly is +Speed -SAtk and timid is +Speed -Atk

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
    UPDATE: I entered the route with my tough little friend as our training has already began. I know what is my goal, to become the champion of Johto and I know it is my destiny. So I trained all the afternoon with Chico.

Chico - LV 7
    Attacks:
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Razor Leaf

I met an kind old man who guided through the town showing off the Pokemon Centres and PokeMarts, I kept refusing to go, but he was so persistent. At the end I got running shoes and the map upload for my PokeGear so RUN AWAY!!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    Heading to the Pokemon League
    Team of
    Hydro the Feralergatr lvl 43
    Air the Pidgeotto lvl 42
    Mind the Alakazam lvl 42
    Ares the Nidorno lvl 41

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Just got my chikorita (grass types rule). Proceeded to get togepi (Eggy)
    That's kinda funny I named mine eggy also lol

*update*
    my party consist of:
    lvl 19 eevee
    lvl 22 gyarados (wave)
    lvl 27 quilava (flame)
    lvl 25 pidgeotto (wings)
    lvl 27 weepinbell (petal)

I have obtained the first six badges so far and I'm in my mortar wandering around. Trying to figure out where to find a pikachu or a thunderstone. :-/

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    UpDaTe:
    Chikorita evolved!
    New Team
    - Bayleef lv 18
    - Togepi(eggy)lv 14

I.m trying to think of a good nickname for bayleef. Ideas anyone?
    @ fastro: eggy must be the best togepi nickname.

Last edited:

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    This is whats been happening so far these past 2 days:

I was in Eucrateak City and went to the Burned Tower. I fought my rival (Levi) and then found the 3 Legendary Dogs. Instead of heading straight to the gym I decided to go to Routes 38 and 39 and defeat all the trainers there. I then went to Olivine City and healed my Pokemon. I then went to the Lighthouse and defeated all the trainers there. I reached the top and talked to Jasmine. After that I left and returned to Eucrateak City and went to the Burned Tower to beat the trainers there. Afterwards I went into the gym and defeated the trainers in there and fought Morty. Morty kept putting my Pokemon to sleep but was easily beaten by Tanuk(i)'s Surf and Fire's Fire Blast. I beat Morty and healed my Pokemon. I went onto Route 42 and beat all the trainers there and also got an HM. I went through Mahogany Town and bought a Rage Candy Bar. I headed up towards the Lake of Rage on Route 43 and fought trainers up until I beat a Fisherman and saved the game and stopped playing.

Current Team:
    Fire (Quilava) LV 25
    Leaf (Weepinbell) LV 25
    Bird (Pidgeotto) LV 25
    Tanuk(i) (Furret) LV 25
    Fox (Eevee) LV 25

I always keep my teams levels evenly balanced. Thats how well organized I am on Pokemon games.

Future Team:
    Rage (Red Garyados) (Soon to be captured and added to current team...)
    Fox (Espeon or Umbreon)
    Soul (Lugia)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Just snagged the red gyarados. Im curious, are they always shiny? When he appeared he glistened, also in the summary he has a red star up beside his picture.
    *Update* Im Lost Now :(

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Current Team:
    Fire (Quilava) LV 25
    Leaf (Weepinbell) LV 25
    Bird (Pidgeotto) LV 25
    Tanuk(i) (Furret) LV 25
    Fox (Eevee) LV 25

I always keep my teams levels evenly balanced. Thats how well organized I am on Pokemon games.

I do that, i always level up the starter first then the others follow

Current Progress: Almost at Fuschia City, will edit my post once i defeat Janine (to include team info)

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    Just snagged the red gyarados. Im curious, are they always shiny? When he appeared he glistened, also in the summary he has a red star up beside his picture.
    *Update* Im Lost Now :(

as far as I know, the red gyarados is always shiny but all other common gyarados still have the same shiny encounter rate as everyone else. (though this should go in the QA thread.)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Janine, fairly easy battle (she had Crobat Lv79, Weezing Lv77, Ariados Lv78 (x2), Venomoth Lv83), going to fly back to Pallet then surf south to Cinnibar and the across to Seafoam to battle Blaine

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv80
    Infernape Lv80
    Espeon Lv81
    Spiritomb Lv80
    Rhyperior Lv80
    Togekiss Lv80

Note: All Kanto Gym Leaders were edited in my game just incase your wondering why Janine has level 79-82 pokemon

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    I just beat the E4 and Koga was the easiest because my Togetic somehow killed all his Pokemon. Lance was hard so I think I used Full Restore or whatever sevral times. All of my six Pokemon were at lv. 42 before entering btw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back