• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen joining factions a possibility?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    LIke joining team rocket, or being a gym leader. Many RPG's you are able to join factions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    Hm.. its not my fault you don't know what a faction is....
    Definitions of faction on the Web:

* cabal: a clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2006
    it would only be a good idea if there are a lot of missions for each faction and/or updates per WiFi

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
    Please dont be like that, pokemon706. Queen Boo was only asking nicely if you would explain what you ment. No offense to anyone. ^^ Anyway, it would make the game way cool if you could do that, and it is in fact, a possibility because the ds games can hold more memory than gba, or so ive heard so many times. Anyway, if they dont do this, I'd like to see either a major improvement with graphics and more extra stuff like contests or that you can go to all four regions.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    pokemon706 said:
    Hm.. its not my fault you don't know what a faction is....
    Definitions of faction on the Web:

* cabal: a clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue
    Ummm.... do you have to be so snotty about it. Even though that I don't know what it means. I agree with you with the DS having more memory than the GBA.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    I didn't mean to sound nasty, I thought faction was a word in most everyones vocabulary....

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    i never even heard of that word ..... now i feel dumb.... but i seriously hope the good people over at nintendo have took this in concideration it would be the best thing to happen to the pokemon franchise since.......um the day and night feature in G/S/C wich i hope they bring back in this game

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    oh well I play elder scrolls 4, so yeah there is a fightes, mages, theift and a dark brotherhood guild, and they are refered to has factions... but I don't know when I learned that word XX_XX

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    I knew that word from one of my favorite games...Red Faction 2. ^_^

Now, as for JOINING factions...Team Rocket is believable. I can't see the gym leader one, however...I mean, you have to fight trainers to GET the the gym leader. That means your 'challengers' would have to, too. It's just too confusing.

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    Maybe, after getting all your badges, you could compete in a pokémon league, and then go on and battle the elite four, and then maybe join a gym, and be one of thsoe trainers in it, and work your way to the top to become a gym leader, or just start your own gym, and call up trainers you met on your travels, to come work in your gym. 'Twould be cool.
    Also t join Teams like Team Rocket, Magma and Aqua. Not that I really support them, just liek their uniforms. But then liek a Mightyena might be cumpulsory if you joined Team Magma.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    CaptainBrain said:
    I'm worried now, hopefully there won't be a type of cult.....
    I think I know what you mean. You don't want the groups to be for certain culture, religons etc. But if they ever do this, the Pokemon company won't do it like that. Probably by types of the Pokemon.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    bluestorm said:
    Please dont be like that, pokemon706. Queen Boo was only asking nicely if you would explain what you ment. No offense to anyone. ^^ Anyway, it would make the game way cool if you could do that, and it is in fact, a possibility because the ds games can hold more memory than gba, or so ive heard so many times. Anyway, if they dont do this, I'd like to see either a major improvement with graphics and more extra stuff like contests or that you can go to all four regions.

He explained it pretty well by saying "like joining Team Rocket."

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Maybe there will be an option to side with a particular group. In Ruby/Sapphire, you got to work with Team Aqua/Magma and oppose the other side, so having the option of a few Teams could work out. It depends what the plotline of D/P revolves around.

Back