• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Joint Project - Berrynomicon.

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
May I suggest a joint project. A guide to berries.
The Berrynomicon. The mythical secret tome on Berries in the Pokemon universe.
A Collaboration of pages from various unknown contributors, passed down from keeper to keeper for generations unknown.

So I had a splendid idea, This Idea, based on the fabled Necronomicon, and the artwork I see people add into theirs. (google Neconomicon to see what im aiming at) Imagine a guide that have a decent page on every berry, bush, mutation, mulch and Juices, within its dusty yellow pages. You would like that? I would.

So I have decided to make one. Bundle it up in a nice juicy PDF perhaps, People could download it for free and print out. And since its a lot of work and the work would be best with different styles, I want you to join me.

The plan.

There will be a standard (or guidelines) all contributors will have to try and follow.

• Page resolution. Since this is for printing the resolution is better on DPI(dots per inch), than PPI (pixles per inch). But The difference isn't to big. 300 DPI
  • Page size. Letter or A4, Slightishly smaller is okay too.

Possible looks: (To get your brain juices flowing.)
    The oldest pages should have the feel or appearance of being hand drawn, and written. But if you rather work digitally a nice font will suffice.
    Other research notes and reports may be in print or hand note, or both. Typewriting real or faked.
    In the corners, the artist may claim his credits using the "Unknown" alphabet?
    If the page is not originally English a correct translation should be scribed by or follow in its own page.
  • I want people to pick their projects then research the content, you may find all you need finished on a pokemon site. But please recite in your own words. No copy pasting, and if you have to remember to give credit.
Berrynomicon Layout:
Index
Artistic disclaimer and credits, copyright acknowledges etc. <- this is probably the last thing to be made.

Chapter one.
Pages on every berry in alphabetical order. There should be illustrations of the bush and the berry, Information on what effect it have, If possible the growth time, taste and so on.
Aguav Berry - Jollyninetails

Apicot Berry
Aspear Berry
Babiri Berry
Belue Berry
Bluk Berry
Charti Berry
Cheri Berry
Chesto Berry
Chilan Berry
Chople Berry
Coba Berry
Colbur Berry
Cornn Berry
Custap Berry
Durin Berry
Enigma Berry
Figy Berry
Ganlon Berry
Grepa Berry
Haban Berry
Hondew Berry
Iapapa Berry
Jaboca Berry
Kasib Berry
Kebia Berry
Kee Berry
Kelpsy Berry
Lansat Berry
Leppa Berry
Liechi Berry
Lum Berry
Mago Berry
Magost Berry
Maranga Berry
Micle Berry
Nanab Berry
Nomel Berry
Occa Berry
Oran Berry
Pamtre Berry
Passho Berry
Payapa Berry
Pecha Berry
Persim Berry
Petaya Berry
Pinap Berry
Pomeg Berry
Qualot Berry
Rabuta Berry
Rawst Berry
Razz Berry
Rindo Berry
Roseli Berry
Rowap Berry
Salac Berry
Shuca Berry
Sitrus Berry
Spelon Berry
Starf Berry
Tamato Berry
Tanga Berry
Wacan Berry
Watmel Berry
Wepear Berry
Wiki Berry
[FONT=&quot]Yache Berry[/FONT]

Chapter two.
Pages on berry mutation, thoughts about them. perhaps a big map of Berry mutation chart like a "family tree?"

Chapter tree.
Precipices for Mulch, Juice. Stuff about them.

Chapter four.
pest control, pages on the pokemon that rattles the bushes. the weeds and other stuff, like references- Where we got the information we used etc. Or tools, like the water pot.

But this is just an idea, and if there is a better way about layout or something I will listen to it. Whenever needed this post will be updated so everyone (if any) can see what pages are free.

I am open for suggestions and corrections. If you want to make a contribution claim your topic. And I will add you to the list like so; Example- Pomeg berry - Jollyninetails.

If you like this idea, lets make it happen!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh gosh I really love, love, love this idea (I've always been a big fan of berries and I believe that they should get the same pixel/3D treatment Pokemon have gotten!) but I'm not sure if A&D is the right place to catalog everything. Let me double check, make sure everything's good, and I'll get back to you!

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
I want people to join in on draw an write these pages. This is the place to arrange/organize the collaboration of that? How could it not be? :) The assebled art goes into a pdf. But its still art. Sadly my pages are still drying from dying so example art may be up tomorrow.

Hwoop there it is, a quick sketch, The text is just unplanned filler and the format is too small. but you get the idea?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm happy to consider this an ongoing project of A&D! :) It may be a little hard for people to contribute in the manor you're specifying, are you willing to branch out and accept other forms of application? As in, digitally rendering paper to look old and inserting text. Or any other method in which people would like to contribute.

This is super exciting for me. I'm recruiting people on my end for this. We fancy ourselves quite the little collectors of antique flex fountain pens, so we're always looking for a way to apply our skills. Can you begin to draft which Berries need to be done and exactly what information you'd like on them? Alternatively I can compose a sketch sheet.

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
... It may be a little hard for people to contribute in the manor you're specifying, are you willing to branch out and accept other forms of application? As in, digitally rendering paper to look old and inserting text. Or any other method in which people would like to contribute.

Yeah, that works. And I am open for suggestions :)
It's meant to be a joint effort, And there is nothing wrong with more then a page on any given subject if that's where the Jigglypuff rolls.

Up dated main post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wonderful! I'm a touch busy with other projects and requests, but I should have time to contribute soon. n_n;

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Had some troubles, but hope to have the page up before the weekends end.

Back