• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey through Kanto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    PG 13

Chapter 1: Trainer's School!

It was a wonderful day for kids of the age of 10 to 15. On this day they could become a trainer and get their very first pokemon from Professor Oak. Everyone in Pewter City was up and about. Whether they were going to trainer's school, moving, going to work, or moving on to the next city for trainers.

One house was home to a young man who had been gradually planning to become a pokemon master. His father was a pokemon trainer and had ended his journey a few years ago. His mom and dad had gotten divorced when he was 3 and he lives with his mother. His father lives with his pokemon in Saffron City.

This young man leaped out of bed energetically, and quickly got dressed. He slipped on his black T-shirt, his red and white polo shirt, his deanm blue jeans, and his black fingerless gloves. He looked frantically around his room searching for something.

"Mom! Have you seen my baseball cap?" he yelled down the hallway into his mother's room, where she was getting dressed for work.

"No, Red!" she said.

Red sighed and continued his search. He looked under his bed to find their family pet, Vulpix, wearing his favorite hat. He smiled and pulled Vulpix from underneath the bed.

"Give me back my hat, Blitz." Red said.

"Pix." Blitz said.

Red smiled and pulled the hat off of Blitz's head. Blitz looked at Red disappointed and ran out of the room and then downstairs. Red sighed and fixed his red and white baseball cap on his head. He sat down on his bed and grabbed a fresh pair of socks. He put the socks on and then slipped on his red and black running shoes.

Red looked out his open window and saw a bunch of kids outside walking down the sidewalk together. Red was 10 now and wanted more then ever to get a pokemon. His mom and him had just moved a few months ago into Pewter City from Cinnabar Island, and as a result, Red had no friends. Actually, everybody thought he was a freak because he would show up to their school wearing raggedy, old clothing instead of nice clothes with no holes in them. Red's mom had bought him these new clothes for his journey. Red sighed and heard footsteps approaching his room.

"Come on, Red. You need some breakfast before you start your journey." Red's mom said.

"Ok, mom. Be down in a minute." Red said closing his window.

His mom worked as a gym trainer for Pewter City's gym leader, Brock. She owned a Geodude and an Onix. Red enjoyed going to the gym and watching pokemon battles between the gym trainers and the gym leader. His mom was sweet outside of battles, but in battles she was as tough as rock. Which, Red always guessed, you had to be to work at a rock gym. Brock was awesome. He would teach Red secrets to being a pokemon trainer and one day to become a pokemon master.

Red ran out of his room and slammed his door shut. He ran down the staircase and noticed Geodude was out of his pokeball, which wasn't normal in this household. Normally, mom's pokemon where either in their backyard, playing or in their pokeballs, resting.

"Mom. Any reason why Geodude is out of his pokeball?" Red asked.

"He's in the house!? Well put him outside with Onix!" she screamed from the kitchen. Red's mom didn't like dirty rock pokemon in her house. She hated how the scuffed the tile floor and how they bring in dirt, but she didn't mind Blitz being in the house since Blitz got baths every other week.

Red picked up Geodude and slid the back door open. He tossed Geodude outside and shut the door. Blitz ran up to him and brushed against his leg. He smiled and picked Blitz up. Red had found Blitz in the nearby park on his way home from school. The school bullies were hurting blitz and Red stood behind a tree in dismay. What could he do to get the Vulpix away from the bullies? He waited until they left and then ran up and helped Blitz out. Blitz was injured, starving, and alone. Red had not only been alone in Pewter City, but he had been alone his whole life without any friends. Red had taken Blitz home and his mom and him had nursed him back to health. When Red had tried to let Blitz go back in the park Blitz stayed with him. Suddenly, the house was filled with a wonderful aroma. It smelled like strawberries, bacon, and eggs.

"Mom. Did you make my favorite dish? Strawberry pancakes with eggs and bacon?" Red asked excited.

"Why of course not. I lit a strawberry scented candle and I'm making eggs and bacon, but there's only enough for one. You can have some cereal and juice." his mom said pointing the spatula she held towards their pantry.

"Ok. Wonderful breakfast. Cereal and orange juice with the scent of strawberries thought the house." Red said sarcastically.

Red opened the pantry door and grabbed a box of Coco Puffs. He set the box down on the kitchen table and walked over to the refrigerator. He opened the door up and took out the milk and orange juice containers. He put them on the kitchen table and then grabbed a glass his mother handed him. He poured in the orange juice and set the carton aside. He sighed and opened a kitchen cabinet and grabbed a blue bowl. He poured some Coco Puffs in the bowl and then poured some milk in the bowl. His mom sat down at the kitchen table with her food on a plate already. She grabbed the milk and cereal box and put them away, and while coming back she grabbed Red a spoon.

"Now, Red. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have to go to trainer's school for 6 months before you can become a trainer." his mother said with a mouthful of eggs.

When she said this Red had just taken a bite of his cereal and he was so surprised he started choking. Managing to finally swallow the cereal that got stuck in his throat he stared at her like she was crazy. "Trainer's school!? You know I hate school, ma!"

"I know, I know. I called Professor Oak yesterday and he said the only way you can become a trainer is by enroll in Viridian City's trainer school. I would drive you, but I can't. Today I don't battle anyone I just have to clean the gym since Brock is out doing some special training and the gym is closed. I'm sending Onix to tunnel you guys through the ground into Viridian City." she said.

Red groaned and had finished eating. He wasn't hungry anymore. The thought of school again and being picked on with no friends made his stomach turn. The only good thing about trainer school was that he could become a trainer and he would be able to choose his own pokemon.

He sighed and got out of his chair with his dishes and he set them softly into the sink. He walked past his chair and pushed it angrily back into the table and stormed up to his room. He slammed the door shut behind him and looked into his mirror angrily. His once sapphire blue eyes turned to ruby red with anger. That was one-thing kids picked on him for. In whatever mood he was, his eyes would change to that color like a mood ring.

He grabbed his red knapsack and started packing his stuff. He threw an extra pair of clothing, some paper to write letters and to write stories on, a few pencils and pens, some colored pencils, a pencil sharpener, and a few books with info on pokemon in them. He put all those items in the second largest part of his bag. He threw in his laptop in the largest part and some chewing gum in the smallest.

He slung the bag over his shoulder and stormed back downstairs, slamming his door shut. Blitz was sitting at the bas of the staircase looking confused as to what was going on. His eyes still ruby red, Red walked over to his mom and said "I'm ready to go to trainer's school."

"Ok then. Here's Onix's pokeball. When you get to Viridian send him back here with his pokeball ok?" his mother asked.

Red nodded and grabbed Onix's pokeball. He slid the backdoor open and Onix knew what to do. Onix crouched down to the ground as close as he could and Red jumped onto one of the huge rocks of Onix's body. Red's mom closed the back door as Onix slammed into the ground and dug away.

---

After a good twenty minutes underground, occasionally getting dirt slammed into his mouth or eyes, Onix appeared above ground in Viridian City. Red hopped down from Onix and handed Onix his pokeball. "Here. Now go back home." Red said. Onix nodded taking the pokeball in his mouth and dived back into the ground. Red sighed and turned to face a huge building with a bunch of little building behind it, and it had a huge backyard. Red took in a deep breath and then rang the doorbell.

END

Hope you enjoyed. C+C are appreciated!:) (I ended the chapter with him ringing the doorbell and then nothing because I wanted it to end that way on purpose ok? Not because I didn't feel like finishing the chapter.)

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 2: First day, and first insult

Loud footsteps were heard stomping down a set of stairs. Red wondered if he might be in the wrong spot. Actually, he hoped he was and that his mother made a huge mistake and he didn't have to go to school after all. Then, the door clicked unlocked and a tall, slender man opened it up. He had ruffled gray hair, a gray beard, a gray mustache to follow along with the beard, a black suit, a blue undershirt, carried a brown leather suitcase, and had brown shoes.

"You must be Red. Am I right?" the man asked.

"Yes." Red moaned.

"Well. Nice to meet you, Red. I'm Principal Layton, and this is Layton's Trainer school." he announced with his hands outstretched. Red sighed and followed the principal in the school. "Now, there are a few things you need to know. You are here as a 2 year student and that is the highest grade here. Also, there are rues. No running in the hall, no skipping classes, turn in all assignments early or on time, treat all classmates and teachers with respect, no bothering me and the teachers during the day or at recess, at lunch and recess you will be eating and playing sometimes battling in the courtyard out back, and you will be required to get all A's and B's on your report card or you will have to stay here longer as all your other classmates graduate. Here is a key to your room. It is on the fourth floor with all the dorms, take a right turn, and it is the fifth room on your right. Everyone is still in his or her dorms and first class will start in about half an hour. Every room has a schedule on the front door. Hope you have a nice time here." Principal Layton said handing him a key. Red nodded and turned to face the staircase.

Principal Layton walked off and Red sighed. I hope I don't get jerks for roommates. Red thought. Red's eyes turned to a deep purple, which met that he was depressed. He slowly walked up to staircase, and with each step the floor creaked loudly. He eventually made it to the fourth floor and found his room. He stuck the key in the knob and turned it. He heard a sudden click and he knew it was unlocked. He turned the knob, pushed on the door and stepped inside the room. Inside there were three boys about his age and there were four beds. There were two dressers and a few bags on the floor in a corner. The boys stopped what they were doing and stared at him.

One kid had a light blue and dark blue long sleeved shirt, cachi pants, black shoes, had brown spiky/messy hair, and light green eyes. Another kid had a freckled face, wore white glasses, a white long sleeved shirt, black pants, black shoes, had straight black hair, and he had brown eyes. The other kid had a white T-shirt, a green polo shirt, black pants, brown running shoes, blonde straight hair, and he had bright blue eyes.

"Hey, Blue. It's the new kid. What did they say his name was again? Wasn't it… Rose?" the wearing glasses insulted.

"It's Red for your information." Red said setting his bag down on the unoccupied bed.

"What idiot names their kid Red?" he asked. Red glared at him as his eyes started turning a bright red.

"Well what kid names their son Mary?" the kid with brown hair asked. Red smiled and looked at the kid who had just been insulting him. His face was bright red with embarrassment.

"Oh shut it, Blue!" Mary said, his face bright red still. Blue, the kid with brown hair, laughed and winked at Red.

"Ya see here, Red. Mary has been here as long as I have. He thinks he's better then me, but he'll see who is better today once we get our pokemon." Blue said.

"We get our first pokemon today?" Red asked.

"Yeah. They're our practicing pokemon. You can set out on your journey after this semester with them or start out with one of the pokemon Professor Oak gives you." Blue said. "So, what experience with pokemon do you have, Red?"

"Oh. Well, my mom is a gym trainer for Brock. So she brings home her Onix and Geodude. Oh, and we also have Blitz, our Vulpix." Red said.

"That's it?" Mary asked. "Ha. My dad is Professor Oak's assistant. My house is filled with a bunch of pokemon." Mary said.

Suddenly a bell rang throughout the entire school. "Come on, Red. First class is gonna start in a few minutes." Blue said. Red nodded and followed him out the door. So far, the first day of school wasn't so much enjoyable. The only person he kind of liked was Blue.

---

The classroom was huge. There weren't any desks, but there were 5 battlefields. Enough for each young trainer to practice on for their were only ten second year students. Red scanned the room, there were five girls and five boys. Red wondered why all the guys were with themselves and all the girls were with themselves.

"Ok. Listen up everyone. This is the first day for battling classes. In other words, today is the day in which you will receive your very first pokemon. I have 20 pokeballs up here, each with different pokemon in them. I will call you each from down my list and you will come up here and choose your pokemon. Outside of each pokeball is a picture of the pokemon inside." the teacher said. The teacher was short and thin, he wore a black visor, a white T-shirt, black shorts, black shoes, and had a whistle around his neck. "Ok. First up is, Mary."

A girl giggled from Mary's funny name. Mary sent her a warning glance and walked up to get his pokemon. He stood up at the desk for a few minutes and then grabbed one. He came back next to Blue and Red and smiled at the pokeball. "Well? Which pokemon did you get?" Blue asked him. "Oh. I chose a Geodude." Mary said smirking at Red. Red shook his head and looked at the teacher again.

"Next up is...ah! Mira." he said. A young girl stepped foreword. She had a wide grin across her face, she wore a long green dress and pink slippers. She had long blonde hair and had a green bow in it. She quickly grabbed a pokeball and then went back to her little pod. "Theodore!" the teacher said. Then, Red's other roommate stepped foreword and grabbed a pokeball. He faced Red and ran back to him.

"Hey, Red. Look at this super cool pokemon I got. I chose a Vulpix!" he said. Red looked at Theodore with a smile across his face, but deep down it was a shock to Red. He had spent everyday after school, playing with Blitz and he knew he would miss Blitz terribly. So far his roommates had pokemon he loved. "Next up is, Green!" the teacher announced.

A bunch of the boys whistled as a young girl stepped foreword. He hair was a light brow color and it was down. She had emerald green eyes and wore a black tank top, a blue tank top over the black one, a small red mini skirt, blue baggy socks, red and white shoes, and a white hat. She grabbed a pokeball and accidentally dropped it. With her backs to the boys she bent down and picked the pokeball up, giving all the guys a perfect glance up her backside. All the guys (except Red) whistled as loud as they could. Green quickly grabbed the pokeball and stood back up giving all the guys a warning glance.

This routine kept going on for another 10 minutes. The teacher would call someone up and if it was a pretty girl the guys would cheer and they would get their pokemon. Finally the teacher said "And last but certainly not least. Our new student, Red." Red sighed with relief and walked up to get a pokemon. There were eleven pokeballs up there.

There were still the pokemon Ponyta, Bellsprout, Mankey, Growlithe, Abra, Sandshrew, Caterpie, Weedle, Ekans, Pikachu, and Pidgey. Red didn't really like any of those pokemon except for the Pikachu and Ponyta, but only a little. He looked at the pokemon and then reached for the Pikachu's pokeball. He yawned closing his eyes and accidentally picked up the Sandshrew's pokeball. Without realizing he grabbed the wrong pokeball he turned and walked back to his friends. "What did ya get, Red?" Blue asked. "A Pikachu." Red replied unknowingly he got the wrong pokemon.

"Now. Everyone here knows how to battle right? You should anyway, we taught you this last year." the teacher said. Everyone nodded and so did he. "Good. Now here are the first round of battlers. Mira vs. Blue, Lou vs. Theodore, Sarah vs. Michael, Green vs. Kayla, and Mary vs. Red will battle each other. Now everyone get into battling positions and start battling. The person who wins come up and tell me that you won and get to move onto the next round." the teacher announced.

"Come on loser. Let's get this over with. You couldn't beat me if you were battling with a Magmar and I was battling with an Oddish. That's how bad at battling you are. Your mom might be the gym leader's battling buddy, but that skill doesn't run through your veins." Mary insulted him.

Red looked at him sternly, his eyes starting to turn to a bright red color and he grabbed his pokeball tightly. Red sighed and Blue knew he was mad. Red slightly looked at Blue, who winked at him as if saying "See you in the final round." Red nodded and Blue did too. Red was looking foreword to beating the pants off of Mary after all the insults Mary threw at him.

END

Hope you enjoyed.:) This is a shorter chapter for my story but the next one will defianetly be interesting. Look forward to it:)

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 3: Going for the gold

Mary stood there with his pokeball in his hand. He had a look of confidence over his face and acted like Red wouldn't even give him a challenge. Red threw the pokeball in the air and to his dismay, a Sandshrew popped out in a blinding white flash. Red stood there, stunned, as Mary threw his pokeball into the air and in a blinding white flash out popped his Geodude. Red sighed wishing he had paid more attention to which pokemon he had picked.

"You have a wimpy little Sandshrew? But, Red, you said you chose a Ponyta. Oh well. Guess it fits into the theme of your pokemon type." Mary said.

"Shut up. I can still beat you." Red threatened.

"Sure you can. Let's just get started. Geodude, use Tackle." Mary said.

"Dodge, Sandshrew, and use Scratch." Red said, his eyes still blazing red.

Geodude let out a war cry and thrusted itself towards Sandshrew. Sandshrew stood there until the last second, yawning, and then jumped on top of the Geodude. Sandshrew sat on the Geodude and began scratching away at it. Geodude began to twist and turn trying to throw Sandshrew off of it.

"Use Defense Curl, Geodude!" Mary said obviously starting to worry.

"Keep scratching at it, Sandshrew." Red said calmly.

The Geodude slowly began to calm itself and then curled into a ball. Sandshrew kept scratching at the Geodude, but its attacks weren't as powerful on the Geodude as they had been. Sandshrew yawned, and stopped scratching the Geodude for a few seconds and was then thrusted off of the Geodude.

"Tackle!" Mary announced quickly.

Geodude was quickly thrusted at Sandshrew. Sandshrew was hit into his trainer, but was caught and put straight back on to the battlefield. Sandshrew began scratching the ground with his foot and wanted so much to attack Geodude.

"Just give up now before your Sandshrew gets hurt, Red." Mary said in a tone of voice that said 'you can't win this'.

Red shook his head at Mary. I wonder if Sandshrew can use that move. Wondered Red to himself. Well, guess I should at least try. "Sandshrew, use Metal Claw!" Red called out hoping that the Sandshrew knew the move.

Sure enough, Sandshrew's claws began to be covered in a metal covering. His claws began to grow sharper and then Sandshrew dashed at the Geodude. He quickly jumped and stabbed Geodude causing the Geodude to fall to the ground knocked out. Sandshrew jumped up and about as happy as he could be. Red stood there, his eyes growing a light greenish color, excited for he had won his first ever battle. He couldn't wait to email his mother that he had won his first battle. Mary returned his Geodude and quickly walked to the bathrooms.

Red picked Sandshrew up and walked over to the teacher. "You win kid?" the teacher asked. "Yes sir I sure did." he replied. The teacher nodded and made a mark on a piece of paper. Red looked over to see two kids sitting in chairs. Blue was one of them and Red figured that those chairs were there so the winners could sit there. Red went and sat down in the chair next to Blue.

"What are you doing with that there Sandshrew, Red?" Blue asked.

"Oh. I accidentally chose him, but I like him. He knows a really rare egg move from his species. I'm not going to tell you because I'll show you in the final round." Red said.

"He. Well, see you then." Blue said. Then a little blue tadpole pokemon jumped up from the ground into Blue's lap. It was a Poliwag that Blue must have chosen. "Hey there Poli." Blue said.

"You gave your Poliwag a nickname?" Red asked.

"Well, yeah. I like giving my pokemon nicknames. If we were pokemon wouldn't you still want to be called Red except like being called Ponyta or Golem? I know I would. Anyway, are you going to give Sandshrew a nickname?" Blue asked.

"Actually, now that I think of it, I have a perfect nickname for Sandshrew. Dusty!" Red exclaimed looking at Sandshrew.

Sandshrew looked up at Red and smiled. He jumped up and licked Red's face. Red laughed as the teacher blew his whistle. "Listen up everyone!" he began. "All the battles have commenced and have finished. There are now 5 people who will move on to the next round, so that means someone gets to move on without battling. I will choose who and I think it should be Green." he said. Everyone nodded and he began calling out the line up. "Red vs. Theodore and Blue vs. Sarah."

Red looked next to him, as Theodore had sat next to him, and smiled at Theodore. Theodore smiled back and they both went up to a battlefield. Vulpix was already out and so was Dusty.

"I'm not going easy on you, Red!" Theodore called out.

"I wouldn't want it any other way, Theo!" Red called out.

"Awesome, I have a nickname now. Anyway let's get started. Vulpix use Ember!" Theo shouted.

"Watch out, Dusty, and use Sand Attack!" Red shouted.

Vulpix drew in a deep breath of air and then shot out a lot of burning embers out at Dusty. Dusty quickly jumped out of the way and ran towards Vulpix. Then, he slid to a halt in front of Vulpix, sending a spray of sand into his eyes.

"Vulpix shake the sand out and use Ember again." Theo said.

"Quickly use Metal Claw, Dusty." Red said.

Vulpix violently started to shake his head trying to get the sand out of his eyes. Duty jumped into the air with his metal covered, sharpened claws and then dived down with his claws outstretched in front of him. Vulpix finally managed to shake the sand out and then looked up at Dusty. To late to dodge, Vulpix shot embers at Dusty. As soon as one of Dusty's claws hit an Ember, a big cloud of smoke covered the two pokemon. All of the kids who had lost marveled at the scene, all of them except for Mary who was to busy looking into space. The smoke settled and it revealed Dusty and Vulpix both standing in front of each other. Then, Dusty kneeled to the ground in pain as Vulpix stood there gasping for air.

No, we're going to lose and we almost made it to the finals. Red thought to himself worried. "Finish it off with Ember!" Theo shouted.

"Use Defense Curl and then Scratch!" Red shouted, his eyes growing a navy blue color.

The embers came flying at Dusty. Dusty quickly curled up into a ball at the last second. Embers collided into Dusty and smoke bursted into the air, filling the whole room with smoke. Red accidentally took in a deep breath of the smoke and he fell to the ground choking on the smoke. His eyes watered up from so much smoke. Finally, the smoke disappeared and Sandshrew stood in front of a knocked out Vulpix. Red had won. Sandshrew ran over to his choking trainer and quickly helped him up. Red finally managed to stop choking and thanked Theo for an awesome battle.

"Hey, Red! You ok?" Blue asked rushing up to him.

"Yeah I'm fine, but what about your battle? You're going to lose from leaving your battle position." Red said.

Blue looked at the battlefield and so did Red. Poli was standing in front of a knocked out Jigglypuff. Red sighed with relief, and Blue smiled. The two walked over to their seats and sat down.

"Ok. Seeing as how Red almost choked to death from the smoke we're going to give him a break and the next battle will be Blue vs. Green." the teacher said. Blue nodded and walked over to his battling position, and so did Green. In front of Green stood a very calm Magnemite. Red sat there worried still, that Blue might lose because there was a very distant type advantage, but Blue just stood there with a smile on his face.

END​

Hope you enjoyed:)
    Next Chapter: Champion...or second place?
    Will Blue be able to defeat Green? Will Red be able to become first place in the battles, or will he be second place? Find out in the next chapter!​

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments....If there are any mistakes i've made(i know there isn't any mispellings because I put it on Microsoft word) can someone please tell me? Anyway, again thanks for the kind comments:):)

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 4: Champ...or Rookie?

The battle was, in a one-word description...amazing. Poli was probably winning even though he was a water type against an electric type. Magnemite flew into he wall and slowly slid to the ground. Poli had just flung Magnemite into the wall with the use of his own tail.

"Now, Poli. Use hypnosis!" Blue ordered.

Poli nodded and his eyes grew a light purple color. He searched for Mangemite's eye and eventually locked on to it. The Magnemite struggled to stay awake, but couldn't and fell asleep. Poli ran up to the Magnemite, grabbed it with his tail, and threw it into another wall.

The Magnemite hit the wall again, and slid slowly to the ground. The Magnemite was currently laying on its stomach and it rolled over on to its back, revealing that it was knocked out. Poli jumped up and down in the air excited. Red smiled realizing that having a type advantage or a type disadvantage never decides a battle. Dusty looked up at Red worried.

"Don't worry buddy. Just do what I tell you to do and we'll win." Red said with a smile across his face. Green returned her Magnemite and sat down next to two girls. Red grabbed Dusty and walked out on to the battlefield.

"Let's go, Red." Blue said. Red nodded and sat Dusty down on the ground.

"Dusty, let's start this battle of with a Metal Claw!" Red said.

Blue stood there as Dusty's claws were covered with a metal coating and grew sharper. Dusty then ran towards Poli very quickly. Poli stood there and was soon sliced by Dusty's metal claws. Poli flew back in to a wall and slid to the ground quickly. He shook himself off and looked at Dusty.

"Poli, use Hypnosis." Blue said.

"Dusty close your eyes quickly!" Red announced.

Poli's eyes grew a light purple color as they almost locked on to Dusty's eyes. Dusty closed his eyes and covered them with his arms.

"Use Bubble." Blue said calmly.

"Dusty, listen to Poli's movements while concentrating and once he is in front of you use Scratch and keep doing so until you hit him!" Red said quietly noticing that Poli's eyes were still a faint purple color.

Dusty nodded and concentrated on listening. He slowly started to hear faint footsteps and the sound of something floating in the air towards him. Dusty quickly moved out of the wayt of the things flying towards him. Then he heard Poli running towards him. Dusty quickly threw his right claw out at Poli and hit him! Poli fell to the ground as Dusty landed on him. Then, Poli's eyes turned back to normal as Red's eyes grew an orange and yellowish color representing confidence. Dusty opened his eyes and realized he had knocked Poli to the ground.

Poli jumped to his feet quickly, knocking Dusty to the ground, and wrapped Dusty in his tail. Poli threw Dusty in to a nearby wall and kept doing so. Red stood there watching Dusty getting pummeled trying to figure out something to do.

"Dusty, use Metal Claw consistently on Poli's tail and once he lets go use it on him!" Red said with a hint of worry in his voice.

Dusty's claws were covered in metal and he slammed one in to Poli's tail. Poli yelped and quickly dropped Dusty. Dusty then kept slamming his claws in to Poli himself. Poli kept yelping and trying to run away, but it didn't help.

Poli flipped head over heals, while shooting bubbles out of his mouth, rapidly. Dusty tried to move out of the way, but the bubbles hit him, and they hurt a lot. Dusty jumped to his feet and rammed Poli to the ground. From where he stood, Dusty shot out a lot of purple needles. They hit Poli as Red realized what had just happened.

"Dusty! You learned Poison Sting! Now use it again!" Red said with obvious confidence in his voice.

Dusty nodded and sprang in to the air. He jumped so high his head almost hit the ceiling. Then, he shot out a barrage of purple needles and then dived in after Poli. His claws were covered in metal and grew sharper. Then, the needles hit Poli, again, and after that barrage Dusty thrust his right claws in to Poli. Poli skid back across the floor, tumbling, and stopped after hitting the wall, knocked out. Red stood there with an unbelieving smile forming over his face.

He threw his arms in to the air and ran towards Dusty. Dusty turned towards the on coming Red and jumped in to his arms. Red laughed with Dusty in his arms and looked at Blue, who had returned Poli. He smiled at Red and then the bell rang. Everyone sighed and walked out of the gym outside. Red smiled at Dusty and returned him. He clipped Dusty's pokeball on his belt and walked out with Blue.

"Hey. That was an awesome battle, Blue." Red said.

"Thanks. Man, Dusty has a lot of potential." Blue said.

Red nodded and noticed that the girls were going towards their dorms while the boys were walking in to another gym.

"Why are we going to a gym while the girls are going to their dorms?" Red asked Blue.

"Oh. Because the guys do PE with the guys and the girls do PE with the girls." Blue said.

"Oh." Red replied as they walked inside.

As soon as Red opened the gym doors a big blast of cool air hit his face. He looked inside and saw ten ropes hanging from the ceiling, boxing and wrestling ring, a few mats, a few punching bags, armor for sparring in karate, and a basketball court. The place was huge! He turned to see a shorter, bigger man walking out with a whistle across his neck.

"Ok boys. Today we're climbing those ropes hanging from the ceiling. Anyone who doesn't ring the bell at the top does one hundred push-ups. First up is Michael. Climb the rope right here kid." the PE teacher instructed.

Michael nodded as his black hair flipped over his face as he jumped and clung on to the rope. Red watched as the short boy climbed the 55 foot long rope. Red gulped. He never was very good at PE and he was very afraid of heights. If he couldn't make it to the top he would have to do one hundred push-ups. Then, the bell rang as Michael reached the top. He then sped up going down and soon reached the bottom. He smiled as he flipped his hair back and walked over to one of the punching bags.

"Good job Michael. Next up is Theodore!" the teacher announced.

Theodore stepped foreword and swiped his long, blonde hair and started climbing the ropes. Red smiled at his new friend and couldn't wait to see if Theo would make it.

"Good luck, Theo!" Red called from about 30 feet below Theodore.

Theodore looked down at Red and smiled. Then, his smile turned in to a face of despair. "You idiot!" Mary whispered to him. "He is deadly afraid of heights and now he'll have to come down here and do one hundred push-ups!" Red quickly looked up at Theo who looked as if he would barf. Then, Theo suddenly let go from about 50 feet in the air and plummeted to the ground. Red ran towards the spot where Theo would fall and dived underneath Theo. Theo landed on Red's back and Red felt as if his back had just broke in half.

Theo slowly stood up and helped Red up. "Red! Because of you Theo couldn't make it to the top. So now, at the end of class you will have to do his one hundred push-ups!" The teacher said furiously. "Next is Mary."

Mary smirked as he passed by Red and climbed the rope. Red turned his back on the rope and walked over to a punching bag as Theo walked off to the bathroom. Red imagined the bag to be Mary and he punched it so hard, the stitching came undone in one spot and stuffing fell out. Red flinched and scurried back next to Blue. He figured it had just been hit so many times it gave out on him. Mary rang the bell and dropped to the ground and then Blue hopped on. He reached the top and climbed back down and the teacher motioned for Red to get on with it.

Red sighed and grabbed the tough, rough, and thick rope. He started climbing and at about 10 feet in the air his hands started to hurt. He slid down about a fot and his hands hurt even more. He bit his lip and climbed another 19 feet before taking another rest. Everyone else made it look so easy. He pushed himself and climbed another 30 feet and reached as far as he could to get the bell. Then, his left arm lost grip of the rope and he fell to the ground. He hit the hard, gym floor and coughed. He cracked his neck and stood up.

"Make that two hundred push-ups, Mr. Weakling." the teacher insulted. The bell rung and all the boys except Red ran off to the dorm rooms. Red sighed and got down to do his two hundred push-ups.

---

After he had done one hundred push-ups the PE teacher left and left Red grumbling to himself.

"Stupid PE teacher...Stupid Mary!" Red said. After he finished his two hundred push-ups, Red's arms were throbbing with pain. He walked out of the gym and rushed to his dorm room for lunch. When he arrived Theo and Blue looked at Red with an expression that seemed to say, "You okay?" Red sighed and his eyes turned yellow which meant he was throbbing with pain. He flopped down on his bed and took a quick nap for lunch was about two hours long.

redandpikachu

What is read?
    Years
    As you can most likely tell i'm a big manga reader and i'm just wondering if your trying to go by the book. Any ways good job on the fan fiction, a few spelling errors that can be fixed. Keep up the good work :)

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    thanks redandpikachu....No I'm not going off the book.........Thanks for reading the story and hope you like the chapters that will be posted later on:):)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back