• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jrock, Jpop, Jurban/jRap

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Haven't seen this in a while so I thought I'd make a new one.

What's everyone's favorite Japanese music artists? I really love Puli, Unchain, Last Alliance, and Hyde.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Hah, didn't know people actually liked Unchain. :O ...I tried listening to an album they had out once and was split, I loved the jazzy melodies throughout most of their songs, but I can't stand the vocalist.

One of my favorite bands has always been HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, along with Arashi, ONE OK ROCK, and Mr. Children. Kimaguren is another interesting band I found out about a year ago or so and have loved everything they've done. I've also really been into anything produced by JIN lately, he's done some amazing work with 2BACKKA, GReeeeN, and BACK-ON. I'm not the biggest fan of electronic sounding music, but some of capsule's older work and the newer stuff from Perfume really catches my interest. Annnnd I've a huge liking for some indie bands like The Waffles, Swinging Popsicle, and pretty much anything that comes from the Okinawa area.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I'd have to say my absolute favourite artist is Koda Kumi <3 She's just awesome overall. But I also like a good amount of songs by Ayumi Hamasaki, Ami Suzuki, Buono!, ONE OK ROCK, Abingdon Boy's School, Namie Amuro, Tommy Heavenly6 and... a lot more, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind XD I prefer more pop/urban sounding music, but there's some rock that I can go for as well.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Hah, didn't know people actually liked Unchain. :O ...I tried listening to an album they had out once and was split, I loved the jazzy melodies throughout most of their songs, but I can't stand the vocalist.

One of my favorite bands has always been HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, along with Arashi, ONE OK ROCK, and Mr. Children. Kimaguren is another interesting band I found out about a year ago or so and have loved everything they've done. I've also really been into anything produced by JIN lately, he's done some amazing work with 2BACKKA, GReeeeN, and BACK-ON. I'm not the biggest fan of electronic sounding music, but some of capsule's older work and the newer stuff from Perfume really catches my interest. Annnnd I've a huge liking for some indie bands like The Waffles, Swinging Popsicle, and pretty much anything that comes from the Okinawa area.

Thing is, as a whole, I love Punk and indie. Unchain used to be more indie. I love the jazz rock fusion they have. The vocalist does not really do it for me. He needs a more Alto-ish voice to suit the style of the band. However, I think he was pretty great in Stillness in the Wind and Precious.

.....YOU LIKE JINN?! XD Now, I don't hate the band, but I'm sorry the vocalist hurts my ears. She almost made me stop watching Blood+.>_> I mean 26 Otherside was a great song but that's all that really caught me. Not to offend you or anything is that;s what it sounded like.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I pretty much like Heartsdales, m-flo, Namie Amuro, Hikaru Utada, HMK, T.M. Revolution, Asian Kung Fu Generation, UVERworld, Miss Monday, Sowelu, Yuna Ito, Orange Range, Nami Tamaki, Soul'd Out, Sambomaster, and nobodyknows+

Pretty much I first listen songs from them from an opening or ending of an anime. And then I will check out their other music, and they are great. ^^

But I am a total big fan of Hikaru Utada. She is my total favorite! <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Thing is, as a whole, I love Punk and indie. Unchain used to be more indie. I love the jazz rock fusion they have. The vocalist does not really do it for me. He needs a more Alto-ish voice to suit the style of the band. However, I think he was pretty great in Stillness in the Wind and Precious.
    My tastes usually stick between punk and urban sounding stuff (and whatever you'd consider Mr. Children), but I love jazz music as well, it's just horribly marred by the vocalist of the group

.....YOU LIKE JINN?! XD Now, I don't hate the band, but I'm sorry the vocalist hurts my ears. She almost made me stop watching Blood+.>_> I mean 26 Otherside was a great song but that's all that really caught me. Not to offend you or anything is that;s what it sounded like.
    Nononono. I can't stand JINN, the vocalist is just...argh, I hate him. XD; JIN (one N) is this guy, he was a guitarist in a pretty awesome band called Pay Money to My Pain, you may like them if you're into punk-ish sounding things, I'd recommend Another Day Comes if you wanna check them out. Right, that aside. JIN mostly sticks to producing music these days, he's behind those three bands I mentioned, they all sound pretty similar (well BACK-ON used to be the one oddball, but I get the feeling they're going to change their style) in that they have pop-like vocals with rapping tossed in, but I absolutely love that style of music, GReeeeN's Ano Koro Kara is one of my favorite songs at the moment, and I've really fallen in love with Where is the Future? from BACK-ON and Harebare from 2BACKKA.

Years
    Abingdon Boys School is one of my favourite artists ever, and they are full of win and awesome. =D Other J-rock I like includes Girugamesh, UVERworld, Monoral, Maximum The Hormone, Cool Joke and Fake?.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Nononono. I can't stand JINN, the vocalist is just...argh, I hate him. XD; JIN (one N) is this guy, he was a guitarist in a pretty awesome band called Pay Money to My Pain, you may like them if you're into punk-ish sounding things, I'd recommend Another Day Comes if you wanna check them out. Right, that aside. JIN mostly sticks to producing music these days, he's behind those three bands I mentioned, they all sound pretty similar (well BACK-ON used to be the one oddball, but I get the feeling they're going to change their style) in that they have pop-like vocals with rapping tossed in, but I absolutely love that style of music, GReeeeN's Ano Koro Kara is one of my favorite songs at the moment, and I've really fallen in love with Where is the Future? from BACK-ON and Harebare from 2BACKKA.
    I may have a mini album of his on my desktop. Thank goodness, I thought we couldn't be friends anymore for a second. Seriously "RAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIOOON!!!" XD Listen to her sing (its a girl screaming by the by) on high...seriously your ears will bleed. >_>

GReeeeN is an amazing band I have to say. To add to my list I like Kaggra, Monoral (vision in my head...awesome song), Abingdon School Boys, Gilgamesh, and Duel Jewel. My friend and I are going to a Dir en Grey concert when when can.

syuunikiss

4000+ Eggs Hatched
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    I listen to mostly J-rock, with the pillows being my favourite. Others include ELLEGARDEN, Janne Da Arc, hide, B'z and THE BACK HORN. When I don't feel like rock, m-flo and female voices are nice, like Chara, Otsuka Ai, YUI, Judy & Mary.

I'd say JINN's voice is somewhat of an aquired taste, same with Chara, definately not the norm but beautiful in it's own way. They've grown on me. Pretty sure the lead singer is female, not male... though the voice can sound male.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    But I am a total big fan of Hikaru Utada. She is my total favorite! <3

This. I have a bunch of her songs bn her. I have piano versions, game songs, English songs, Japanese songs, and others that I didn't know she made.

Others I like are HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Akiko Kawakami, UVERworld, and Aqua Timez.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I listen to mostly J-rock, with the pillows being my favourite. Others include ELLEGARDEN, Janne Da Arc, hide, B'z and THE BACK HORN. When I don't feel like rock, m-flo and female voices are nice, like Chara, Otsuka Ai, YUI, Judy & Mary.

I'd say JINN's voice is somewhat of an aquired taste, same with Chara, definately not the norm but beautiful in it's own way. They've grown on me. Pretty sure the lead singer is female, not male... though the voice can sound male.
    Finally another Ellegarden and Janne D'arc fan...sad they broke up. And yeah the vocalist for Jinn is a screeching woman.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Finally another Ellegarden and Janne D'arc fan...sad they broke up. And yeah the vocalist for Jinn is a screeching woman.
    Well in the case of Janne D'arc, the vocalist is still making music through Acid Black Cheery, though I had no idea Ellegarden broke up, just thought that they were taking a break.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Well in the case of Janne D'arc, the vocalist is still making music through Acid Black Cheery, though I had no idea Ellegarden broke up, just thought that they were taking a break.
    I heard it was a break up not a break. Like there last album was their last album. It really annoyed me, they were one of my favorite bands. Stereoman is such a great song.

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
    I've never heard an Asian Kung-Fu Generation song that I didn't find catchy. Of course, I've only heard six or seven songs from the, but whatever. :<
    I also love Yui, especially her song "Goodbye Days".
    Buono! is definatly growing on me, especially when I compare them to the new group that's doing the Shugo Chara! openings. I forgot what they're called, but it feels like they're trying too hard to be cute.
    And Yui Makino has some very sweet songs too. I love her voice.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I heard it was a break up not a break. Like there last album was their last album. It really annoyed me, they were one of my favorite bands. Stereoman is such a great song.
    Ah, I'm not sure where that came from, but it's certainly not true. There were some disagreements on the vision for an album they were working on, so it was decided the band would go on a hiatus from producing new materials until everyone had a clearer idea of just what they wanted to do. It's never been announced that they would actually break up.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Haven't seen this in a while so I thought I'd make a new one.

What's everyone's favorite Japanese music artists? I really love Puli, Unchain, Last Alliance, and Hyde.

Hyde. Yessss.

I just like L'Arc~en~Ciel/P'Unk~en~Ciel lmao. That includes VAMPS and TETSU69.

Years
    Abingdon Boys School is one of my favourite artists ever, and they are full of win and awesome. =D Other J-rock I like includes Girugamesh, UVERworld, Monoral, Maximum The Hormone, Cool Joke and Fake?.
    I love all these bands! Girugamesh are awesome, I love the song Break Down.
    I really only listen to J-POP and J-ROCK. I like electro mixes in J-ROCK music.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Ah, I'm not sure where that came from, but it's certainly not true. There were some disagreements on the vision for an album they were working on, so it was decided the band would go on a hiatus from producing new materials until everyone had a clearer idea of just what they wanted to do. It's never been announced that they would actually break up.
    I dunno I'm not completely convinced either way. I kind of want to see a new album before anything else.

Back