• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just got White, how is the online community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siigari

NU Addict
    Years
    Hey all! Just decided to get back into Pokemon. I went and got White and am looking forward to the random online battles! I am happy this is featured now for live gameplay.

So I own the game but I also downloaded it for emu so I can stream some gameplay. I tested it and was able to get online with the emu version. My question is since that is possible, has true Pokemon breeding died? Can everyone just create "super" Pokemon and just battle with those?

I loved raising Pokemon and breeding. It was a serious hobby. Does the community still respect it? Are online Wi-Fi fights fun/hack-free?

Thanks.

Sirfetch’d

Black and white versions have a pretty good filter to rid of most but not all hacks. So yes online battling is very fun!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    For the most part it is pretty hack free. Of course some slip through but generally the community looks down on them. However, these days people are using RNG, which you can read about right here. While these Pokemon may seem super it's actually legal so you should maybe look out for that. Any further questions about the current online environment fits into Quick Questions for the future btw!
    Just got White, how is the online community?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back