• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jynx

HellishHades

Pure Evil
Years
  • Jynx @ Quick Claw {Spd+210 PhDf+100 SpDf+100 HP+100} [PhAt- Spd+]

Mean Look
    Perish Song
    Lovely Kiss
    Substitute

Tricky to pull off; but it's pure evil. It can't survive many physical attacks, so don't even try to face a physical attacker/sweeper. If you survive after using Mean Look, use Lovely Kiss. Use Perish Song, followed by Substitute (used in case the opposition awakens). You'll lose your Substitute on the switch, though. You could use it as Lucifer suggested, as well. Just make sure not to get hit by any physical attacks.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Use HellishHades's strategy, except to kiss first look later. Jynx should be a perishtrap abuser at all times. Increase speed and sp.def at all cost.

Jynx is still... terrible though. It's like a much weaker Breloom o.o;

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I don't think it's right putting a Pokemon with that great special attack to waste. I think she should be a quick killer with timid nature and offensive with the sneaky lovely kiss. If she's a calm minder instead, then water pulse is a nice and nasty surprise. That's just me though. Perish trapping seems better with Misdreavus who has 3 immunities now and not so great offensively.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Missy is indeed evil... but at least EV distribution screwed it up big time with lack of defense and hp now.

Jynx sadly isn't fast enough to sweep that well... and lum berry = dead jynx =/

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Use HellishHades's strategy, except to kiss first look later.

If you use Lovely Kiss first, you had better pray that the opposing monster isn't switched. Otherwise, you can't put anyone else to sleep if you are battling under Stadium/Coliseum rules (the sleep clause prevents you from putting more than one monster asleep).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • HellishHades said:
    If you use Lovely Kiss first, you had better pray that the opposing monster isn't switched. Otherwise, you can't put anyone else to sleep if you are battling under Stadium/Coliseum rules (the sleep clause prevents you from putting more than one monster asleep).
    better than to mean look then die. At least you know that you put one of the opponent out of action (for now)... but then again who am I worthy enough to comment on others' strategy... not like I won a single battle out of 9 today

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I don't find a max speed of 317 (with a beneficial nature) that slow, especially with 329 special attack (that's if it were maxed with normal nature). I find that to be pretty darn good. Sure she's not Alakazam, but who gives a crap.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Jynx's dual Ice type is what messes her up. Ice is terrible from a defensive standpoint.

STAB'd Ice Beam's good though, and it doesn't really matter whether she's as good as 'zam or not. Not everyone uses the best Pokemon for each job after all.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Jynx is the fastest sleeper you can get besides Jumpluff, but Jynx can actually attack =)

The problem is that sweeping requires a lot better speed. The standard sweepers all boost speed (Starmie in 360s, Jolts in the 399, Zam in 372, Sceptile Crobat and so on.) Jynx with such terrible defensive stats AS WELL AS a beyond terrible defense makes it very unendurable. However it should be able to stand up to one or two sp.att perhaps. Jynx is still pretty fast, just that among the sweeper rank it isn't the fastest. Lovely kiss does make up for this though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2004
    I wan't a special sweeper Jynx please. I know it has terrible defense, but this is battling-with-my-friends pok?mon. None of my friends use ghost, bugs and rock types, so that's I chose Jynx. Plus with Ganlon/salac berry, it can sweep easily. I was planning:

Calm mind
    Ice beam
    Psychic
    Water pulse/Wish

Wish or Water pulse?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Haneet said:
    I wan't a special sweeper Jynx please. I know it has terrible defense, but this is battling-with-my-friends pok?mon. None of my friends use ghost, bugs and rock types, so that's I chose Jynx. Plus with Ganlon/salac berry, it can sweep easily. I was planning:

Calm mind
    Ice beam
    Psychic
    Water pulse/Wish

Wish or Water pulse?
    Why on earth use Calm mind!?
    Upgrade Specal by a grade--Why bother adding sp. def? One grade Sp. Att.
    Let Jynx's base Sp. Att be 328: (Not a lot of ppl can get to THAT high)
    One grade: =25%
    Equation=328+328x25%, =328+82=410
    Efficiency: LOW!!

If you really want to use calm mind consider following stuff:
    1. Can it survive?
    2. Is it worth it to use calm mind? Or is 2 Ice Beam better?
    3. Does calm mind make any difference on attacking your opponent?

If you think it can survive in the first round, suggest changing Calm mind to Fake Tears( downgrade opponent's Sp. def 2grades=50%)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't use Water Pulse. Not worth it.

Water Pulse power=60
    Ice Beam power=95 (Ice type ice attack power x1.5, 95x1.5=142.5, cancell decimal--You should never round off in Pokemon, always cancel--142)

VS bad against water Pokemon: WP 60x2=120 Ice Beam=142
    VS strong against Ice Pokemon: WP 60, IB=142/2=71
    VS bad against Ice Pokemon: WP60, IB=142x2=284
    VS other Pokemon: WP 60, IB 142

Worth it!? NO!

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • Too bad you're wrong

1 Grade up = 50%, not 25%.
    2 grades down = -50%

Read up on your strategy before making wild accusations please.

And effectively,

JYNX USED FAKE TEARS!
    next turn

OPPONENT SWITCH! w00t!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Still better than calm mind!
    You think that you won't be wrong? Everyone has mistakes and please stop pizzing me off! You r driving me on my nerves!
    Haneet is asking about what moves to put on, not if his move set is good or not!
    You are new here and I don't suggest you to speak like this to an older member! Got what I said?
    --------------------------------------------------------

My suggestion:
    Lovely kiss <---Don't waste it...its the only one that has this move
    Ice Beam<--High Sp Att+ice type, powr ups this move
    Psychic<--Psychic attack psychic type=power x 1.5
    Substitude <--back up its weak defense =.=

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • :|

Mana Lugia isn't a new member. He's been around for donkey's years. Older members have no authority over newbies anyway. Unsaddle yourself from your high horse there. That's better. XD

I stick by my original Jynx set. Calm mind, Ice Beam, Psychic, Substitute.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • o_O||| Sorry senior, I should not have done that to you. Forgive me please.

...Wait...
    Even if the opponent switches, the Fake Tears effect remains, does it not?

Oh well, everyone has different strategies don't they? Pick up a set that siuts your strategy...

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Na. Fake Tears is removed when they switch. You'd have to Mean Look first, but that's a bit risky just to lower Special Defence.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • But some strategy are obviously better than others (for example: baton passing smeragle with growth or tail glow? obviously...) Fake tears is rather crappy in this case.

Jynx should stick with calm mind in order to further boost specail attack, and up its sp.def so it can last a few special hits. If it's going to be a sweeping Jynx, I'll still use lovely kiss, with calm mind, ice beam and psychic. Sub cannot help with "bad defense" unless you're subbing to activate petaya or something.

Back