• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jynx

Detox

Im just saying...that mediocre defense...it wouldnt survive a rockslide,plus most dragons can outrun it.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Why are you so against a new evolution, King Tyranitar?!

I'm not against it, she just doesn't need it. It'd be a waste. I already posted my reasons. Read them and stop making useless posts like these.

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
  • I'm sorry! I'll shut up and stop talking about stupid, inane comments. I'm just stating my opinions and agreeing with PhantomSyndrome. As an ice-type, she could use some more power and speed to go against the big dragons.

Detox

other Pokemon like froslass outclass her in every way,and its UU aswell

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Just sayin,185 drfense at lvl 100is suckish...

Have you been reading ANYTHING I've posted? Jynx is not meant to take a hit. That's why it has 361 SpA and 317 Speed. Read before making a post please.

I'm sorry! I'll shut up and stop talking about stupid, inane comments. I'm just stating my opinions and agreeing with PhantomSyndrome. As an ice-type, she could use some more power and speed to go against the big dragons.

She can own most of the big dragons today since not all of them run 252 Speed, which she does. And she's not meant to be an OU contendor. She's UU, and does a great job in there.

Detox

What?most dragons speeds are in the 320's,and a Vibrava can easily outrun 252 speed.

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
  • Yes, some dragons are pretty fast and most can learn fire-type moves. A fast dragon like Flygon can know Crunch too. Jynx should be able to take a hit.

Detox

Do you Wi-Fi? Most people have salamence EVed in attack,spcl attack and speed,same with that shark thing called garchomp so jynx=dead

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I'm not talking about Garchomp. It usually has Yache Berry.

Detox

And what bout dragonite and kingdra? They'd completely obliterate the poor thing....not to mention charizard

Detox

My main point is,it has to be able to take a hit.Look at Abomasnowit can take a Blast buurn from a charizard,and if only with a little health,still survive

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    And what bout dragonite and kingdra? They'd completely obliterate the poor thing....not to mention charizard

Dragonite is slower than Jynx, and cannot stay in against it. Jynx is not meant to stay in against Charizard.

Yep, you can't forget about those fast fire-types too. Charizard, Infernape... Jynx doesn't stand a chance!

/facepalm, read above.

My main point is,it has to be able to take a hit.Look at Abomasnowit can take a Blast buurn from a charizard,and if only with a little health,still survive

So? Abomasnow and Jynx serve too different purposes.

I'm confused. WHY does Jynx need to be OU? It's fine as it is. Not all Pokemon need to be powerful and OU and everything.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • As anyone knows, I'm Jynx's number one fan. While at first I was outraged it didn't get an evolution, my opinion changed over time. As KT said, not everything needs to be made OU. Her typing is decent, her stats are good (except as you said its Defense, but you can't have a perfect Pokemon), and her special move pool is spectacular. While her Speed, Defense, and HP make her slightly difficult to use in OU, she really does shine in UU. There's the lovely Luna Set, and she runs Choice Items spectacularly. She also is capable of surprising Blissey with a Perish Trapping set and taking down the best special wall in the game. While she's also knocked for being less than attractive (which I say is quite unfair of an assessment), she's a pretty cool Pokemon. Perhaps too cool for Nintendo and Game Freak to give an evolution to.

Also, Magmar, Electabuzz, Magmortar, Electivire, nor Jynx are bulky in anyway. They thrive as offensive Pokemon, not Pokemon to take hits.

Detox

Dragonite my be slower but it has the defenses to be able to take a good wacking from an ice type

and I never said it should be OU.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    As anyone knows, I'm Jynx's number one fan. While at first I was outraged it didn't get an evolution, my opinion changed over time. As KT said, not everything needs to be made OU. Her typing is decent, her stats are good (except as you said its Defense, but you can't have a perfect Pokemon), and her special move pool is spectacular. While her Speed, Defense, and HP make her slightly difficult to use in OU, she really does shine in UU. There's the lovely Luna Set, and she runs Choice Items spectacularly. She also is capable of surprising Blissey with a Perish Trapping set and taking down the best special wall in the game. While she's also knocked for being less than attractive (which I say is quite unfair of an assessment), she's a pretty cool Pokemon. Perhaps too cool for Nintendo and Game Freak to give an evolution to.

Also, Magmar, Electabuzz, Magmortar, Electivire, nor Jynx are bulky in anyway. They thrive as offensive Pokemon, not Pokemon to take hits.

The Goddess Speaks! Thank you, this is exactly what I've been trying to say. Jynx is unique, has a very good offensive typing, and has a movepool most would kill for.

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
  • Maybe people did think she was too cool. I never thought about giving her a choice item... (This is way off-topic, but I'm glad someone's joined the debate.)

Back