• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kalos ROM Hack?

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    Hello, im new to pokecommunity. I got into ROM Hacking recently, but only pokemon editing/text editing.
    I don't really understand the hex editing stuff, but I recently learned a really easy way of adding gen4/5/6 Pokemon into FireRed and Emerald. I have ideas for a ROM Hack, but really need help learning the more difficult stuff, but I can still help others out. Yesterday I started editing a Pokemon FireRed ROM, and I really want to make a Pokemon XY ROM Hack off of FireRed. The ROM I have been editing will have every gen 6 Pokemon, and assorted other pokemon from previous generations. If anyone here would work with me and help me with the hex editing and tile editor, i would really appreciate it :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Hello, im new to pokecommunity. I got into ROM Hacking recently, but only pokemon editing/text editing.
    I don't really understand the hex editing stuff, but I recently learned a really easy way of adding gen4/5/6 Pokemon into FireRed and Emerald. I have ideas for a ROM Hack, but really need help learning the more difficult stuff, but I can still help others out. Yesterday I started editing a Pokemon FireRed ROM, and I really want to make a Pokemon XY ROM Hack off of FireRed. The ROM I have been editing will have every gen 6 Pokemon, and assorted other pokemon from previous generations. If anyone here would work with me and help me with the hex editing and tile editor, i would really appreciate it :)

Are you doing all of this solely off of hex editing? I just recently got into hacking myself and I started out by learning with a hex editor(on my android device) so far I learned how to edit pokemon in the wild, edit starters, edit trainers pokemon, edit evolution methods, etc. But I haven't learnt anything as big as adding new pokemon or moves, etc. I'd really appreciate of you could possibly help me learn how to do that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    Are you doing all of this solely off of hex editing? I just recently got into hacking myself and I started out by learning with a hex editor(on my android device) so far I learned how to edit pokemon in the wild, edit starters, edit trainers pokemon, edit evolution methods, etc. But I haven't learnt anything as big as adding new pokemon or moves, etc. I'd really appreciate of you could possibly help me learn how to do that.

I personally don't understand how to do all this Hex Editing stuff, but to add my pokemon I use AdvanceSeries, and YAPE. I get the the sprites I need, and I add them to replace an already existing pokemon, such as Pidgey for Starly or Fletchling. Then I go into YAPE, and edit the pokemon I replaced to what I added instead of it. There may be an easier way of doing this, but i don't know :P

Back