• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kangaskhan

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    I don't see it too often, despite its excellent moveset/stats, but this is what I have so far.

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 6 HP 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Ability: Scrappy
    Endure
    Reversal
    Double-Edge
    Crunch

I have trouble deciding between Endure/Reversal or SubPunch, because with 1 HP, Reversal has a Base Power around 200 and Kangaskhan's fast enough to run with it. Double-Edge for 160 base power w/STAB, and Crunch to Lower Defenses.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    kangaskhan makes the perfect starter. he isn't for OHKOing stuff. he's for preventing set ups.

Kangaskhan @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    252 SPD / 196 ATK / 60 HP
    -Fake Out
    -Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch
    -Outrage/Brick Break/Hammer Arm

fake out gets STAB and hits everything cus scrappy. if the opposing starter is faster than you and won't get KOd by Sucker Punch, Fake Out is the answer. it also destroys Focus Sash strats and gives you a free advantage. you of course must switch out afterwards. other moves are for quick OHKOing.

if you want endure+reversal to work, you need salac berry for the speed boost. otherwise, it's pointless. double edge hurts it too much, don't go for it. i would really go for body slam (ADV tutor move) and earthquake. if you're iffy about EQ, ice/thunder punch (ADV tutor move) would come in handy.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    kangaskhan makes the perfect starter. he isn't for OHKOing stuff. he's for preventing set ups.

Kangaskhan @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    252 SPD / 196 ATK / 60 HP
    -Fake Out
    -Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch
    -Outrage/Brick Break/Hammer Arm

fake out gets STAB and hits everything cus scrappy. if the opposing starter is faster than you and won't get KOd by Sucker Punch, Fake Out is the answer. it also destroys Focus Sash strats and gives you a free advantage. you of course must switch out afterwards. other moves are for quick OHKOing.

if you want endure+reversal to work, you need salac berry for the speed boost. otherwise, it's pointless. double edge hurts it too much, don't go for it. i would really go for body slam (ADV tutor move) and earthquake. if you're iffy about EQ, ice/thunder punch (ADV tutor move) would come in handy.

Hmm, this changed my outlook! I like Double-Edge because of the STAB, but I'll test Double-Edge and Body Slam and see what works out. Out of the three options, what's the best 4th move?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Well Outrage has great power, but causes confusion...

Brick Break isn't that great when it's unSTABed but useful if your opponents are Reflect/Light Screen abusers

and lastly Hammer Arm is a decent move, but lowers your speed. But if you switch out afterwards your speed goes back to normal anyway so I'd go with this

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Well Outrage has great power, but causes confusion...

Brick Break isn't that great when it's unSTABed but useful if your opponents are Reflect/Light Screen abusers

and lastly Hammer Arm is a decent move, but lowers your speed. But if you switch out afterwards your speed goes back to normal anyway so I'd go with this

I think I've decided on a set..

Kangaskahn @ Choice Band
    EVs 252 Atk 196 Spd 60 HP
    Trait: Scrappy
    Double-Edge
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch
    Hammer Arm

Sucker Punch picks off Zam and Gengar, and there aren't many pkmn that are faster and resist Sucker Punch. Weavile's a problem, but I don't think it can learn a move to OHKO it, when Hammer Arm does OHKO it so.. :)

Ethereal

Pokemon Proffessor
    Years
    If you're going for OHKOs then I guess stick with the Double Edge, but I would personally choose Return - Double Edge really hurts you. Everything else seems excellently selected. Something weak to fighting will most likely go down from a choice hammer arm, barring it's a rhyperior or something, so the speed isn't a problem.

Other than that, extra cool points for using the Kangaskhan. I strongly encourage the use of more than the twelve (random number) that everyone uses. There are 493...seriously. I would use one myself except I run a Tauros and they're pretty similar. Best of luck.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Level 1 Kangashkan @ Focus Sash -- Scrappy
    252 Attk/252 Spd/4 Def -- Jolly
    Endeavor
    Return
    Substitute
    Crunch

FEAR it. *shot*

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    They've never had a trainer use Kangaskhan in the anime either, :( it's kind of like the dragon everyone ignores.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2008
    They've never had a trainer use Kangaskhan in the anime either, :( it's kind of like the dragon everyone ignores.

It'd be a tough fighter too, since it seems powerful enough to knock out vehicles (If memory serves).

Ethereal

Pokemon Proffessor
    Years
    Scrappy allows it to hit ghosts with fighting and normal type moves. And...um...I suppose I just like being a little different. Makes me easy to spot.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    I'm yet to see how a Level 1 Kangaskhan get's what's in bold.

My bad. You don't need 252 to max out stats at level one, it's more around 150 or so.

And you get them with vitamins, EXP share, and the box trick.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    I always liked Kangaskhan. I had it on one of my mono-normal teams and it was just awesome. It definitely has a lot of potential with one of the most useful abilities and good stats all around.

Back