• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Assault [RMT]

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    I am sure this has been done before but i've always been the nostalgic type when it comes to pokemon always favouring the original 150 as they were the ones i grew up with. My aim is to use strictly Kanto based pokemon from both OU and UU to hopefully put in a strong competitive effort in the OU teir.
    Sadly this means i don't have access to pokemon with either a steal or dark typing which i guess sucks in a way, but hey! who cares right!? as long as i have moves that can counter darks and steal pokes i should do alright...right!?
    Just something to bare in mind firstly....i dont have access to HG/SS i only have platinum and fire red/leaf green games and i will be battling over nintendo wifi.

The TEAM:

Kanto Assault [RMT]
    Kanto Assault [RMT]
    Kanto Assault [RMT]
    Kanto Assault [RMT]
    Kanto Assault [RMT]
    Kanto Assault [RMT]

The lead
    Machamp@lum berry/leftovers

Kanto Assault [RMT]

No Guard
    Adamant
    252hp/160Atk/90Spd
    Ice Punch
    Bullet Punch
    Dynamic Punch
    Stone Edge

My Rocky Balboa of the team leads with a nice tried and tested set. Start with Dynamic Punch in most cases for the guaranteed confusion and huge stab damage and if the opponent is sashed i finish them off with bullet punch. The other moves are used as general type coverage. Lum berry or leftovers seem like a good idea for this set due to its bulk.

Physical Attacker/Decent Special wall
    Snorlax@Leftovers

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Thick Fat
    Careful
    4Hp/252Atk/252S.Def
    Bodyslam
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Fire Punch

One of my favourite Pokemon the big bad mofo that it is.....Snorlax! I can use this guy to come in on many special sweepers to take the blow and hit back hard with one of its wide range of attacks. Bodyslam the best option in my opinion as the para-hax is important to alot of my team as many are quite slow. Earthquake for Metagross and other steels, crunch for ghosts and fire punch for possible scizor or grass type switch ins.
    Sadly i don't have access to Self-destruct.

Physical wall/Status User/Blow up in your face
    Weezing@Leftovers

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Levitate
    Relaxed
    252HP/176Def/80Spa
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Explosion
    Will-o-wisp

Is this guy underestimated or what!?
    Being Under used and Under estimated is what i thrive on! this guy is great physical wall with great crippling abilities and people rarely expect to see him in OU which is always useful against unprepared teams.
    He adds some Special attacks to my physical based team and is a good option to bring in on a good amount of physical sweepers like gyarados and scizor.

Physical Sweeper
    Gyarados@Life orb/Leftovers

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Intimidate
    Adamant
    252Atk/4Def/252Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Bounce
    Stone Edge

Easy to bring in, set up a Dragon Dance and sweep teams. Everyone who has tried one knows it works well.

Bulky Physical Sweeper
    Dragonite@Leftovers/Life orb

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Inner Focus
    Adamant
    224HP/84Atk/200Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Roost
    Earthquake

Another huge favourite of mine and a damn good pokemon! Playing to its bulky strengths the BulkyDD Dragonite can take alot of punishment, hit hard and fast after a Dragon Dance and can roost its health back if it is in need. Very useful late game when all the ice using pokemon are ko'd.

Revenge Killer
    Dugtrio@life Orb

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Arena Trap
    Jolly
    4Hp/252Atk/252 Spe
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch/Night Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Stone Edge

The Joker of my Pack. Dugtrio is awesome. This guy can turn games around if used late game when the opponents pokemon have been worn down already. Its fraililty is often too much of an issue for others hence why its UU so again its another pokemon many won't expect to see.

Well thats it! Any comments are greatly appreciated. You may have noticed i still haven't decided on some moves and held items so if anyone has any input on them i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The lead
    Machamp@lum berry/leftovers

Kanto Assault [RMT]

No Guard
    Adamant
    252hp/160Atk/90Spd
    Ice Punch
    Bullet Punch
    Dynamic Punch
    Stone Edge/Payback

k

Physical Attacker/Decent Special wall
    Snorlax@Leftovers

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Thick Fat
    Careful
    4Hp/252Atk/252SpDef
    Bodyslam
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Fire Punch

S.Def >> Speed

Physical wall/Status User/Blow up in your face
    Weezing@Leftovers

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Levitate
    Relaxed
    252HP/176Def/80Spa
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Pain Split
    Will-o-wisp

Needs pain Split + W-O-W.

Physical Sweeper

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Intimidate
    Adamant
    252Atk/4Def/252Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang / Bounce
    Stone Edge/Earthquake

Fine, but Bounce really is the better option in this set, its just TOO good not to include.

Code:
    Bounce vs 4 HP / 0 Def Jolly Flygon: 115.61% - 136.54%
    Bounce vs 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 105.14% - 124.17%
    Factoring in Intimidate: 70.09% - 82.78% (58% chance to OHKO w/ Stealth Rock)
    Bounce vs 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 93.19% - 109.91%
    Bounce vs 4 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 103.44% - 121.99%

Not only that, but it's strong enough to OHKO 252 HP / 220 Def Bold Celebi (105.94% - 125.25%), OHKO 252 HP / 228 Def Tangrowth with Stealth Rock in play (89.60% - 105.94%), and has a 92% chance to OHKO 252 HP Timid Latias (86.54% - 102.20%) with Stealth Rock in play. Those calculations were assuming Life Orb, an Adamant nature, and a Dragon Dance boost were used. Ice Fang is incapable of doing that.

Bulky Physical Sweeper
    Dragonite@Leftovers/Life orb

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Inner Focus
    Adamant
    224HP/84Atk/200Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw

Roost
    Earthquake

Mix Nite is better. :/

Revenge Killer
    Dugtrio@life Orb

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Arena Trap
    Jolly
    4Hp/252Atk/252 Spe
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch/Night Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Stone Edge

Nothing benefits from this thing though.

Comments in bold.

Id replace duggy for something steel because anything with Outrage/Draco Meteor just murders this team, like seriously.

gee2k8

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Great input. I will use this set for gyarados:

Physical Sweeper

Kanto Assault [RMT]

Intimidate
    Adamant
    252Atk/4Def/252Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Bounce
    Stone Edge

Ice fang was originally for dragons so now ive opted for stone edge over eq for the 2x effective rock move against the half flyers.

The Dragonite set i have chosen is more of a preference. Due to the fact that i am trying to keep to a theme so to speak i wanted to have just reason to use Dragonite and still feel that it was as good as salamance by playing to its bulky strengths.

Finally dugtrio was more of a filler that i thought would help absorb electric attacks from gyarados/sucker punch ghosts like azelf if they choose to ko machamp with psychic.
    It can be replaced but i still feel i need some sort of revenge killer. You mentioned a steel replacement to take the damage of outrage. The original issue i had with the first 150 is that the only one i can see is magneton as a steel yet he is far to frail for this job and i would feel like i am robbing myself as magnezone is sooo much better. Any ideas on a replacement?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Actually magneton could be an option since iirc it has higher speed than Magnezone which makes it a little better when you want to revenge kill stuff.

Also please don't use color on your moves when making RMTs cuz its just hard to read imo :/ Bulbapedia has type marker tags somewhere (try searching type chart) that you can use instead.

gee2k8

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Thanks for the responses so far. I have been contemplating bending my own theme ever so slightly by giving my self access to some better steels by using evolutions introduced in later versions on the kanto based pokemon such as Scizor, Magnezone and Steelix. Any suggestion on the best replacement for Dugtrio out of these fella's?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Thanks for the responses so far. I have been contemplating bending my own theme ever so slightly by giving my self access to some better steels by using evolutions introduced in later versions on the kanto based pokemon such as Scizor, Magnezone and Steelix. Any suggestion on the best replacement for Dugtrio out of these fella's?

Something like support Bronzong is good for taking dragon attacks on both sides of the spectrum. He can also set up Stealth Rock for you which you team lacks, it's almost a must in today's metagame. Metagross of Heatran could also work here.

gee2k8

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Something like support Bronzong is good for taking dragon attacks on both sides of the spectrum. He can also set up Stealth Rock for you which you team lacks, it's almost a must in today's metagame. Metagross of Heatran could also work here.

Thanks for the response, i realise these pokemon would be a good addition to my team for walling dragons alone yet due to the fact i've dropped dugtrio i am missing a revenge killer....which leads me to believe that scizor could fill the roll well perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Scizor could work...somewhat. It's not ideal, but if you want to limit yourself to Kanto and the evolutions of kanto pokes, then it's probably your best option since it can also revenge kill to an extent with bullet punch. I'd suggest CBScizor, personally, for a stronger initial (revenge) bullet punch. Thing is you've gotta be careful with switching in to dragons when you expect an outrage because some like Mence might predict a steel switching in and go with fire blast.

Or you could slap a scarf on magneton/zone and try using that as a revenge killer...but you'd have to decide whether you want it to be geared more towards revenge killing (magneton) or absorbing outrages (magnezone). Your team could probably use the latter more than the former, especially since magnezone has stronger sp.att.

I'd personally, however, choose a banded scizor, since he's right in the middle of the two defensively but has priority and will be just about as strong physically as a magnezone would be specially (assuming you're using a banded bullet punch compared with, say, a scarfed thunderbolt). Then again, you do only have 1 special user, so you might benefit from a magnezone. I think it's your choice, but at any rate, I wouldn't go with Magneton.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I think that you should do one of the following:

-Sub out Machamp for a SR lead and put CB Scizor over Duggy
    -Run Scarf Zone with HP Ice over Duggy.

Really the problem here is Salamence, which just overtakes your whole team. Nothing here likes DM or Outrage at all. However, Scizor can revenge Mence with LO and SR iirc, then Mence kills itself from LO recoil. If you prefer to keep Machamp as alead, switch out Duggy for ScarfZone with HP Ice so that you can come in on Outrage or DM and then revenge kill with HP Ice. Just remember that Mence can and most likely will switch if it used DM.

Also you really should switch Dragonite to the mixed set because well-played physical walls currently poop all over you. Dragonite can break them and leave room for Gyarados to sweep with DM/Fire Blast/Outrage or Roost/Superpower.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I think that you should do one of the following:

-Sub out Machamp for a SR lead and put CB Scizor over Duggy
    -Run Scarf Zone with HP Ice over Duggy.

?___?

I agree that Dugtrio is not necessary on this team; neither is Weezing. The best alternative would be replacing Dugtrio with a Choice Band Scizor, though if you want to keep Weezing, put Pain Split over Explosion, or else Swords Dance Lucario 6-0s you.

Back