• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    It MIGHT (emphasis on that) be cool if it was kinda like ash did it in the anime. (Ya, it sucks, but whatever) Like, after you finish Johto, you go to kanto, and you have to start all over. You pick a kanto starter, and go from there. Idk, probably be better to just have the harder gyms in kanto. Just a thought.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    If anything, they should make Kanto pretty futuristic, a sort of element we haven't seen in Kanto before.
    (Saffron City could be like an in-game Tokyo)

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years

Anyway, It'd be so leet if you find Giovanni and Cyrus having a conference,
    or battling each other and stuff, or discussing the recent events of being
    thwarted by a young kid (2 in Giovanni's case), or Cyrus is disguised along with
    Giovanni, or at least a freaking Cameo. I LOVED What they did with Fawful
    in the Mario & Luigi series. He was the final boss' minion in the first game,
    in the second game he was disguised underground buying beans for some
    reason, and in the third one he makes a comeback. I really want Giovanni
    and Cyrus to do the same. It'd be cool if we actually get an explanation
    this time.

Also, what was said before. upped levels, Elite Four Revenge,
    I'd love to see Gym Leaders or Elite's visiting Kanto like the
    leaders did in Platinum, where you see them all over the place,
    or maybe you can have a reference to Sinnoh via Jasmine,
    and she'll explain why she was in Sunyshore..

Basically, I want more story than features. I didn't really mind any of that
    low-level stuff (even though I wish it could be improved), but the only thing
    that bugged me is the fact that there's so many unexplained things, like
    why Lugia and Ho-Oh are where they are (maybe an explanation from the guy
    who gives you the Silver/Rainbow wing) or why the Safari is closed, or why
    Blaine is where he is.. Y'know, the small details that would COMPLETE the story.
    even if they would do it, it is not possible. since P/DPt take place starting at about the lake of rage incident, cyrus has not yet been thwarted thus why would he be with giovanni in disgust over a kid beating him?

tougher gyms would be great
    more to do in kanto, i like the idea of afrntier over the whole region but i doubt it.
    many other things i would love to see but asit;'saremake i doubt we'll see many changes just like FR/LG.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It MIGHT (emphasis on that) be cool if it was kinda like ash did it in the anime. (Ya, it sucks, but whatever) Like, after you finish Johto, you go to kanto, and you have to start all over. You pick a kanto starter, and go from there. Idk, probably be better to just have the harder gyms in kanto. Just a thought.

This is probably one of the best ideas I've read so far. Its been a long time that I've wanted them to do this in a game, but hasn't been touched yet. Though, I wonder how they would keep us from bringing over our Johto team Pokémon...

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    more money!!! like a maximum of 15 million!!! guess that would not be possible...

Yeah, stronger trainers and E4 and gym leader.

A longeeeeerrrrr storyline.

Partners like Brock/ Misty/ Dawn/ May/ everyone else.

Tracy in the storyline.

All of this= EPIC.

Last edited:
    Years
    The problem with Kanto is...
    I've played in it in 5 different games! (yellow, gold, silver, crystal, firered)
    And each time I got there, they tried to make everything as much the same as in Red and Blue. From the Snorlax blocking the road to Team rocket and the Slp & co.
    It bores me to death!
    So pleeeaaaassseeee! Change it this time!
    I don't care if it's on the DS or not, just change the story..

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    I think the most exciting Kanto will get in the remakes is Sevii Islands. Why? Because the story was made that way!

It takes place 3 years after RBY, just take the fact that we can even visit Kanto and be grateful for it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Yeah but it will probably be the same as GSCO (Gold Silver Crystal Originals) Johto will be easy as and Kanto will be fairly hard but I like that it means that you don't have like twenty billion level hundreds and run rushod over Kanto. I am just looking forward all the events we may get.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    I guess the Kanto region should have most of the Kanto Pokemon. That's all...

And yeah... As already said... A Harder Elite Four after the 16th badge and Gym Leaders would be good.

And some new storylines in Kanto, too! :)

P.S.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't care if they changed the storyline in Kanto, as it came after defeating the Johto Gym and Elite. I think adding in the Sevii Islands can add a lot of great things for the Kanto, and an upgraded Safari Zone with new Pokémon to catch as well.

Years
    This is probably one of the best ideas I've read so far. Its been a long time that I've wanted them to do this in a game, but hasn't been touched yet. Though, I wonder how they would keep us from bringing over our Johto team Pokémon...
    But they will never do it, they just want more money.
    More ideas I had
    -Extend Mt. Moom to its original size, and let you go there with brock to dig up fossils
    -Meet gym leaders from other generation and fight with them
    -Contest halls or Battle towers or even both

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they add in the Contest Hall in Kanto, then that would satisfy me even more. Making it hit WiFi as well for Kanto would be top notch.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    But they will never do it, they just want more money.
    More ideas I had
    -Extend Mt. Moom to its original size, and let you go there with brock to dig up fossils
    -Meet gym leaders from other generation and fight with them
    -Contest halls or Battle towers or even both

Well, they say that the Frontier is not just Sinnoh exclusive, so perhaps you can hop on a boat and oh, say, go to the battleground?

Although I would want the Johto Battle Tower outside Olivine.

Years
    Think you can elaborate on this a bit more?

Err...

G1--Kanto was the only region available
    G2--Kanto was visitable after defeating the eight gym leaders (after you get Surf, technically)
    G3--FireRed/LeafGreen--Kanto is the main region again
    G4--Kanto will (presumably) be in HGSS, making it available in all 4 generations.

Of course, none of the other regions would have the ability to appear in all 4 generations given that none of them were introduced when G1 was out. ;)

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Maybe they'll pull a fast one and let you go to Sinnoh again after the E4 instead? :O

Heh, I don't think Kanto needs all that much. Maybe they could put a Battle Frontier in it or something, maybe put some 3rd and 4th gen pokemon in it too.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, I guess Kanto was so highly used for being the original region to start it all. I'm pretty sure in the future if they plan on doing a double region game, they might put a different one other than Kanto. For now though, I have quite a long list of new potentials for Kanto in this remake.

Years
    I would want:
    • A plot
    • Mt. Moon's cave restored but still with the Mt. Moon Square
    • Safari zone open
    • Cerulean Cave also restored and instead of Mewtwo, Leaf (Blue♀) at the end.
    • Seafoam Islands again restored and Blain being on the lowest floor.
    • A stronger Red, because in my opinion he should be the strongest trainer and not Pearl
    • Stronger Gym leaders and after you beat them a stronger Elite 4
    • Clearing up what happened to Giovanni
    • Clearing up who his kid is (hopefully silver like in the Manga)
    • Sevii Islands
    • And maybe new islands exclusive to this game.
    • and that most pokemon found in Konto are gen 1 pokemon or gen 1 related

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back