• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Katawa Shoujo - A free visual novel by Four Lear Studios

Which girl's route is your favorite?

• Total voters

Xero-chan

Raver
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    It's not exactly a game and falls into current topics within literature.

katawa-shoujo2_9556.png
    katawa-shoujo2_9556.png
    KS5.jpg

Katawa Shoujo is a five year project by Four Leaf Studios that came out January 2012. It's a visual novel adaptation from inspiration they found all the way back in 2000. It has raised a bit of controversy over its storyline, revolving around a boy (your character) developing arrhythmia and transferring to a school for disabled students. Rather than talk about it though here to you, try it out for yourself! There is a lot of hype currently around this VN.

http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/

Please don't post spoilers as well for new readers, use spoilerboxes!

I myself have finished Rin's (fave), Emi's, and Hanako's route. I'm on Lilly's and will finish off with Shizune's route.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • From researching the origins of this project, this definitely falls more within the purview of Japanese Entertainment (see the Wikipedia page for more info), so I'm going to move it there.

Moving on up

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wasn't a fan of Rin's at all tbh. :( A lot of people say it's so moving and stuff but to me I just didn't like it at all and was kinda disappointed that I saved her till last (since I didn't know how to get to her and had to use a guide for that last route) and ended the game with that route.

Emi's was definitely my favorite. Out of all the routes I felt like hers was the most natural, like the relationship progressed in a way that a real life relationship would, and not in an awkward, stilted one-sided thing like a few of the others. Also it reminded me the most of my boyfriend and I, soo.

Xero-chan

Raver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    @Mr Cat Dog All right, understood. Thanks for moving it. I was half asleep, the fact it has a Japanese name alone should've given me inclination to post in this forum hahaha.

@Toujours Well I do agree only Emi's seemed really natural. But it's the point of multiple stories I suppose, some may seem more slice-of-life while others lay heavy on the drama. It's also a matter of identifying with each story, people seem to favor the route they identify with most. It's one of the beauties of this VN that I noticed. Not being able to express one's emotions clearly is something I can relate to. I also like short hair hehehe. I favored Rin for both, and the concept of striving to understand in her story really got me.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • The name is a bit... yeah, uh.

But it's a good visual novel. I would recommend it.

My personal preference is for Hanako, although all of them are very good.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Oh, this was completed? I thought it might never be.
    I played the Act 1 demo a year or two ago. I was mighty impressed at the time with everyone's characterisation, especially Shizune being so forceful for a deaf mute. I'll have to go through the full version before I can say more, though.

Back