• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keep or Ditch?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    Hey guys, need an opinion here.

I'm just about to enter the second gym and i have a level 18 Herdier in my party which so far has been pretty helpful. I'm just wondering whether it will turn out to be a good Pokemon or if i should ditch it now.

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I'd say keep'em; Stoutland is a physical power house and he can take some hits. I had mine from a Lillipup I caught on route 1 and right now hes lvl 58 and he has Crunch, Work Up, Strength and Aerial Ace.
    Complete beast imo.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    Nah ditch it, it's no use in your team because it's defense and Sp.def is very poor than speed but if you are a type of speedy person Than keep it if you want to strike first.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Anything works ingame, so if you want to use it then go. Don't listen to that user above, each Pokemon in your team has uses.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    Hey guys, need an opinion here.

I'm just about to enter the second gym and i have a level 18 Herdier in my party which so far has been pretty helpful. I'm just wondering whether it will turn out to be a good Pokemon or if i should ditch it now.

Good or bad Pokemon, huh?^^ That depends on the trainer!^^ The trainer makes the moveset, so he/she makes the Pokemon "good" or "bad"!^^ (Good example: My Lv.92 Watchog. Never gave up on him and even came up with a decent moveset!^^) This is only one of the three reasons why you should keep it!^^ The other two are:

1.My bro has a Shoutland in his party and it pratically destroys everything in its path!^^ With Work Up and a good STAB, it´s practically unbeatable in-game (if you can trust my 14-year-old bro)!^^

2.You already started training it, so it just doesn´t make any sense to stop training it in the first place!^^

Hope these reasons will make you keep your Herdier because with the irght moveset, you can take down every Pokemon (theoretically)!^^

Back