• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Keeping Govyle?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    Heres my situation, i really like Grovyle, and i really hate sceptile, gorvyle looks really cool, like a raptor and sceptile just ruins the whole evolution line, especially with his ugly tail that lo0oks like a green pine cone. I want to have a powerful team and all, but i dont wanna evolve my gorvyle into sceptile. Will My grovyle still be powerful if i dont evolve him? How much do i lose by not evolving him? What if i bought all the vitamins and needed and maxed out his EV's would it be worth it? I need your opinion here

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    EXexEXexEX said:
    Heres my situation, i really like Grovyle, and i really hate sceptile, gorvyle looks really cool, like a raptor and sceptile just ruins the whole evolution line, especially with his ugly tail that lo0oks like a green pine cone. I want to have a powerful team and all, but i dont wanna evolve my gorvyle into sceptile. Will My grovyle still be powerful if i dont evolve him? How much do i lose by not evolving him? What if i bought all the vitamins and needed and maxed out his EV's would it be worth it? I need your opinion here
    Of course you'll be missing out on stats by a lot... even though you get all the moves, you lose a lot of stats. EVs and vitamins (which is EV turnt into items) are assumed to be maxed on both at all times pretty much, so if you're competitive battling, I suggest that you evolve it. However, if you're not going ot, Grovyle will be fine... I have a lvl 100 Chikorita somewhere in crystal... o.o;

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
    Well... I really like Sceptile... but aside from that...

I'd say if you wanted to do that its perfectly fine... although I'm not sure how you'd be able to complete your Pokedex... you could find someone to trade with that has a Sceptile then trade back..

Years
    Unfortunately, if you want a strong team, you have to have fully evolved Pok?mon (unless one stage has moves the other stages can't learn) Unless the Pok?mon gains another type, the stats will increase more the higher you are in the evolution tree.

Grovyle will have obsolete stats compared to Sceptile at any level. Even with all the vitamin enhancements, Grovyle will still have lower stats than a vitaminless Sceptile. Both will learn the same moves, Sceptile a little slower. It IS your game, however. It's up for you to decide whether to evolve it or not.

Now, if you want to do it, but still keep Grovyle, get another Treecko. If your Grovyle's a female, just breed it right and you'll get one. If not, you'll have to trade to get another one.

Years
    i agree, pure genious, how do you do it? ...have you thot of doing the old restart your game trick? and transfer 1 of each starter to another cart and then put them all on one.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    you'll still be able to take out all the people in the game if you don't evolve it (because they're weak losers) but, evolving it would be a good idea for battling. you sound very shallow (just saying, you're probably really nice), because, as we all know... it's what's on the inside, not what's on the outside that counts.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    It's your choice. If you think it's owrth the stat sacrifice, then by all means do it. If you feel your team would be much better off if it evolved, then let it evolve. it all depends on your preference. As I said, It's your choice.

Back