• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    For all of you saying they don't look very powerful, I would like to mention a few things:

Keldeo, though he has a narrow movepool, has sufficient stats (129 base Sp. Atk.) to make great use of moves like Surf, Focus Blast, and Secret Sword.

Meloetta
    's movepool is extremely wide, able to learn TM and level-up moves of all 17 types. For her two forms, she can be a special sweeper (Aria form has 128 base Sp. Atk.), or a physical sweeper (Pirouette form has 128 base Attack).

Genesect, due to its robotic nature and its cannon, also has an extremely wide movepool. It also has equal Attack and Sp. Atk. (base 120 each), allowing a mix-up of move categories.

Please see the links to judge whether or not you would like battling with them.

Faolan

darĸneѕѕ prevaιlѕ.
    Years
    I like Genesect and Keldeo, but not Meloetta. Mainly for design, Though. I would use Meloetta in a battle rather than the other 2.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I actually like both Meloetta's and Keldeo's design although they aren't the best. As for Genesect, to be honest its design really creeps me out. Out of all three though, I prefer Keldeo.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I quite like the look of all of them. But OMG Game Freak does seem to love their Steel/Bug Pokemon don't they? Not saying they're bad, just common. (brick'd)

I'm not gonna hack them, I'd be really hypocritical if I did. They'll be released similar to how the DPPt events were, with the movie they appear in.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    Keldeo I really don't like...it just doesn't complement the Musketeer trio very well. It's almost...cute. Plus I'm not overly keen on the typing combination, either. It's not something I would ever even consider using, unless I was either drunk, drugged, or I lost a bet.

Meloetta is one of the few Pokemon of the fifth generation I actually like; I take one look at her and I think "Lady Gaga" and, whilst I don't like Lady Gaga, the idea of a popstar Pokemon amuses me quite a bit. Her Step form looks like she's wearing some sort of hideous bargain bin head-towel, but her normal form is nice.

Honestly, I was expecting something better than Genesect to end with, considering Arceus was a deity. I was expecting an Omega God Pokemon or something, not a purple alien bug version of Scizor. I can't say I'm overly keen on the design, it reminds me of something out of an old alien movie...but, considering Volcarona and Durant remind me of Mothra and T.H.E.M. respectively, that isn't too surprising.

I have all three; a friend of mine traded them to me, because I wanted one of every Pokemon on my Black file and I wasn't prepared to wait for them to be released, and they were all I needed. I've not used any of them, but I might EV train Meloetta at some point, just to see if she's any good or not.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Spoiler:

Yes, I do like all of their designs, and yes I am looking forward to their release. I haven't hacked one in, but I hev been thinking about it C:

Although with me, there isn't really any Pokemon I actually disklike. If you use your imagination, any Pokemon can be epic :3

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I like Genesect's Design, the others... not so much. Keldeo is OK though. Regardless, I'm looking forward to all of their releases.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    I think Genesect looks beastly, and I am excited for when these come out. Keledo is pretty sweet also, bare in mine i love Terrakion and he's another part of it so it'll be cool to have him,

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    I like Genesects design only, out of the three
    A friend hacked me all 3 of them shiny so I could finish my national dex in-game they all seem MEH lol

hmm you would think though that Genesect would be good because of the plates you can add to him, similar to Arecus. I like Arecus for that reason, as much as I normally don't use them, it's cool if you need to a type filler for you team and you can slap a plate on there and yeah :)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    hmm you would think though that Genesect would be good because of the plates you can add to him, similar to Arecus. I like Arecus for that reason, as much as I normally don't use them, it's cool if you need to a type filler for you team and you can slap a plate on there and yeah :)

Well, with Genesect, his various drives change the type of his signature move, Techno Blast, (not his actual typing) which can be Normal (no drive), Fire (Burn Drive), Water (Douse Drive), Electric (Shock Drive), or Ice (Chill Drive). Curiously, Genesect can never get STAB from Techno Blast. Personally, I think the best would be the Douse Drive, since he can learn better attacks of the other types (Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam).

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I really hope Nintendo actually releases these events, rather than just passing them by. Genesect's design and history is pretty cool, and I like the story that goes with Keldeo. I just hope they actually become official. It'd be a shame if they didn't.

Back