• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kids WB mess-up

Shadow Tyranitar

never to be purified
    Years
    Did anybody notice that commercial thing where it asked which one of these pokemon is good against ninjask, and two of the choices were pupitar and torkoal? technically a rock attack from pupitar does 4x damage while a fire does 2x. but it said torkoal was the better choice.

has anybody noticed anything else wrong with these?

Last edited:

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    It's not a KidsWB mistake. It's a 4Kids mistake since 4Kids made the moronic mistake. That's NOTHING compared to them saying Arbok evolves into Habunake. >_>;

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    If you go back over the entire seventh season, I bet pretty much every Trainer's Choice has been wrong. It's obvious that nobody at 4Kids plays the video games. I can imagine it now...

4KIDS LACKEY #1: So, how's this for a question - "What's the best choice to battle a Kirlia?"
    4KIDS LACKEY #2: Good, good...Kirlia's a Grass-type, right?
    4KIDS LACKEY #1: I guess so. Combusken beats a Gardevoir in the opening sequence.
    4KIDS LACKEY #2: Yeah, Combusken's a Fire-type! Okay, just pick two random Pok?mon for the other two choices and let's call it a day!
    4KIDS LACKEY #1: Sure thing. Hey, I got another one - Arbok evolves into Seviper, right?
    4KIDS LACKEY #2: It has to, they're both snakes.

The sad thing is, this is probably accurate.

Years
    Unfortunately, I personally think that 4Kids pulled a PSP scenario: desperately tried to finish and release the high-quality product, but it turns out because of their rushing, the product is flawed in noticable ways.

The PSP was released, although a little too fast. For all those who don't know what happened, numerous PSPs have burnt-out pixles, which isn't covered by their warrantee.

4Kids obiously didn't review what they finished. Either the company completely ignored this fact of the errors (likely) or whoever translated and/or wrote the script has absolutely no knowledge of the world of Pok?mon (unlikely).

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Isn't tranlation issues seeing as how Trainer's Choice is American-made. And this isn't the first time that 4Kids bungles up the dub.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    It's not a KidsWB mistake. It's a 4Kids mistake since 4Kids made the moronic mistake. That's NOTHING compared to them saying Arbok evolves into Habunake. >_>;

When I first saw that, I thought it was just a joke, but apparently 4Kids thought it was right. That just goes to show that maybe they should think about getting better translators for the show...

Seriously, if things keep up like they are, soon we'll be hearing lines like, "All your base are belong to us!" on Pokemon...

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    Getting better translatiors, as ETR stated, has nothing to do with Trainer's Choice goof-ups, since Trainer's Choice doesn't exist in Japan. Over there, they just have regular eyecatches between ad breaks like any other anime (usually it has Satoshi, Haruka, Masato, and Takeshi superimposed over a picture of Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, or one of the Regi's). Since they've moved on from "Pok?mon Dare Da?", it's apparently their way of opening up the show to a broader audience, one that doesn't need to play a game between acts. 4Kids, however, doesn't share the same belief.

Years
    I personally do not like the trainers choice. Who's that Pok?mon was much better, but too easy. Not the first time they've messed up and not the last for sure.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Ugh... -_- 4Kids is so... exasperating.... I have nothing else to say on the matter.

And I agree, Who's That Pokemon? was better, but too easy. They should've done it like that pokemon test on that epsiode where Ash, Jessie, and James took that big test where it looked like a big black ball and then it turned out to be a Jigglypuff seen from below/above.

Little kids would see a round shadow and be like "OMG! It's Voltorb!!" and then it ends up being Sandshrew rolled up in a ball and they'd be like, "Sandshrew?? WTF?! O.O"

Hm... but that would actually require 4Kids to think and animate something. Nevermind.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    Hm... but that would actually require 4Kids to think and animate something. Nevermind.

They could either A) get something directly from the Japanese company (dont remember who does the anime in Japan sumimasen) or B) get the company that animates the best 4Kids show (TMNT) to do it.

Hoshi

just myself....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    4Kids and Kids WB suck, so I only watch the eps worth watching in Pokemon...like the big battle eps, something happens eps....it's not worth watching really, a dub. I want subtitled pokemon! >>

Jack Crowley

Ace LFO Pilot
    Years
    Like just about everyone else who replied to this said, this isn't news. 4Kids has been messing things up like this from the beginning. Just goes to show you what can go wrong when those idiots try to do things by themselves. -_-

I fail to see why they even try to tamper with the source material in the first place. I mean, I know they want to "Americanize" it and stuff, but you'd think that after all this time they would have noticed that it's not what the viewers want.

Back