• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kind Of Disapointed....

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    I know alot of you probably dont care, but I'm a little disapointed about how the sprites will look in Pearl/Diamond.
    See Pics here:
    https://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pics.shtml
    I know its a DS, so there's better graphics, but I dont like the new '3D' Style. I prefer the R/S/E and FR/LG Style.

Anyone with me?
    -Crystal Latias:t136:

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    It's at a wierd angle, and looks like what's that game called umm Animla Crossing I think, I must say I do prefer Ruby/Saphire, I remmebr th efirst tiem I saw it in a shop, and got to play a bt of it, the reflections in the water amazed me on Route 104, but the D/P sprites don't excite me as much.

Years
    Its VERY disappointing. I could live with the 3D, because its not too 3D, but what's with those terrible hats?! They make me not want to get the game.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I don't mind the 3D overworld feel, but I prefer Ruby/Sapphire OWs. The Pokemon Sprites look naff. Meh.

Kitkatcatherine

Randomness is good...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 17, 2006
    Those sprites are like the animal crossing ones, dissapointing...but if the Graphic's are good then I surpose it should be alright...:\

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Kitkatcatherine said:
    Those sprites are like the animal crossing ones, dissapointing...but if the Graphic's are good then I surpose it should be alright...:\

All Animal Crossing games in existance don't use sprites, they use 3D models. And the characters in D/P look nothing like Animal Crossing people, their heads are too small.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Quinlin Vos said:
    They look cool, because they are

They look okay. And your username should be Quinlan Vos, not Quinlin Vos.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    Zone said:
    They look okay. And your username should be Quinlan Vos, not Quinlin Vos.

Avoiding a lawsuit I guess.

Back on topic, I dislike the feel of those graphics.... it just feels... I don't know. It's lost the classic appeal that RSEFRLG still managed to retain despite the huge update. And yeah, what's with the heads?

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Fangking Omega said:
    Avoiding a lawsuit I guess.

Back on topic, I dislike the feel of those graphics.... it just feels... I don't know. It's lost the classic appeal that RSEFRLG still managed to retain despite the huge update. And yeah, what's with the heads?

You won't get sued for having your username on a forum the name of a copyrighted character. It happens all the time.

I don't mind the overworld graphics. They don't bother me.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    I think they Tottaly Ruind the tradition of those cute OWs.
    They Look like Chibi-Dudes... And yeah, the hats and black hair (Just because I dont really like it in Pokemon Games... I like it in real life.) are just HORRID.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    Zone said:
    You won't get sued for having your username on a forum the name of a copyrighted character. It happens all the time.

I don't mind the overworld graphics. They don't bother me.

My poor attempt at being humorous. Forgive me.

Maybe I should reserve further judgement until I've seen more. Based on what we HAVE seen, I do actually think FRLG looks a lot prettier.

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    I don't really mind the 3-D-ish feel to it, but I hope that's as far as it goes. >.o
    That's half the reason I didn't like Colosseum that much. Pokemon shouldn't be a 3D game. Simple.

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Eh, I was fine with Colo and XD. They gave a nice and more realistic feel to it, which I believe, by judging the battle graphics, they were trying to. Hell, judging the graphics overall, especially in XD. Mixing 2D and 3D does not fit...especially when you don't do it right.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2006
    Latias418 said:
    Mixing 2D and 3D does not fit...
    of course, it does! do you know Resident Evil (1-3)?
    but like your other sentence said, only if they do it right.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    rrr...they got it half right at least. The overworlds are okay, better than i thought 3D'd be anyway, although i kinda wanted 2d, and the battle system? Should've been 3d. what would've been ideal was a 2d world with 3d battles. It's be the same, only battles'd be alot cooler.

Back