• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen King's Rock and Everstones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    I remember some time back a debate about King's Rock. Someone had claimed that their zigzagoon had picked one up, but s/he was shouted down, if my recall is accurate...

Well, I started a new game on my second ruby cart, and blow me doewn if my zigzagoon didn't pick up a King's Rock! I was up near the desert at the time, and it made me do a double take or two. King's rock must be one of the rarest pickup items going. I normally end up with Super potions and Ultra balls.
    not that King's rock really does much in R/S.

Another thing I've found, but never ever seen mentioned, not even in the cheats' guides, is that there are, in fact, two Everstones in Granite Cave. The first one is easiest to find: up on the platform near the smashable rocks. The second is very much harder to find, and I only became aware of it when I acccidently set my item finder off. To get to it you need the Mach bike. Go up the sandy slope and use the bike to cross both crazed rock patches without falling down a hole. Use the ladder to go pick up the Rare candy ( or not) go south and you'll see three boulders, one big one and two little ones. They'll be slightly lighter than the other rock groups like this. Itemfind arond these and you'll find that second Everstone.

Go on, I dare you!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    That's nice and all. The Pick-Up ability is well capable of picking up a King's Rock. Did you know it can also pick up Rare Candies?

Useless information. All of it.

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Well thank you for that information. I'm sure it'll be very helpful to some members or guests viewing. Although, the Everstone is pretty much useless, as you can just cancel the evolution by pressing B. I've found one Everstone in Grantie Cave, but I just deposited it in the PC. A King's Rock really isn't all that rare if you're playing the Emerald Version, for you can buy them at the Battle Frontier; but you're playing Ruby so I must congratulate you on that. Bravo.

The King's Rock isn't useless at all Simon. Evolves Poliwhirl and Slowpoke through trade. True, they're a prize at the end of the Battle Tower in FR/LG, but what if you can't beat it? Well then you're not that great because it is pretty easy.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    Yes, I knew Pickup does give Rare Candies... they tend to be more common when the Zigzagoon you're using has a low level. In fact, low level zigzagoons tend to pick up things regularly, and items get rarer as the pokemon levels up. Of course, they also grow rarer when you thoroughly sweep an area.

I haven't got emerald... not released here just yet. I thought I ought to say something because the unfortunate individual who reported it first was given a very hard time: one person even went as far as to claim the only way you could get King's Rock was to speak to the guy lurking near Steven's house in Mossdeep.
    The person was even called a liar. I just want to set things straight, that's all.

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    Umm... About Linoone's Ability ?

Yes, I've collect many rare items from linoone(Sorry if the speeling was wrong). I've collect about 19 rare candies, more than 5 PP ups.etc. And I have get Everstone too. But, I didn't have any King's Rock from Linnone...

Years
    Both I was aware of, as to i is indeed guides. Maybe not "Official" one, but I found it on Gamefaqs.com and King's Rock has a low percentage of being found, but can be picked up with the pick up ability. I realy don't see the need for this thread to stay open cause it looks like Simon and SRV could get into a fight. If someone asks about this, then you an post your info ^^
    ~CLOSED~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back