• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Konani Walks the Moon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Alola! ★ Welcome to Konani's Journey!

Or something of that sort! Hey everyone, and welcome to my Moon playthrough! As this first update is being made with 12+ hours of gameplay at the moment, I am going to spare you most of my beginning foils. Most of you that are playing the game already know how it goes by now. Girl steals a thing, runs away, we move to Alola, Professor flirts with your mom (????), you meet some more folks, and yadda yadda.

728.png

For my starter, I went with my buddy Popplio and named him Julian. Just seemed to suit him! As I am a stickler for the Pokedex and catching as much as I can, I have been spending extra time in some areas so that I can do so -- especially for these new Pokemon! I've been testing out a few, some have stayed with me a bit, some I have decided to get when I play through Sun eventually, and others just quite don't make the cut either way for me.

250px-VSIlima.png

I'm going to use this paragraph to talk about my husband the first Captain, Ilima. I mean I'm like 90% sure that he's into me. Like, he has to be! I mean, there's that whole "you remembered the way Ilima's eyes looked" or whatever it says after you rebattle him so! Come on! And then he invites you to his room for tea... We're totally getting married.

Anyway! Completing my first trial and kahuna battle was pretty easy. I actually did the kahuna battle while waiting on Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions to start! It was amazing, in case you were wondering. Did some more exploring with the new access to Tauros Smash and caught some more Pokemon. Some team members I cycled through include Gumshoos (Daxter), Trumbeak (Selena), Grubbin (Galavant), Crabrawler (Rita), and Melemele Oricorio (Tess). I'm currently on Akala Island and I have three Pokemon that I really like. Two of them are permanent, one of them is still a bit iffy. Bet it's easy to get who's here to stay, of course.

729.png

Julian (m) lv. 24
    Quirky | Torrent
    [ Aqua Jet | Bubblebeam | Baby-Doll Eyes | Disarming Voice ]

050-a.png

Miguel (m) lv. 21
    Quiet | Tangling Hair
    [ Metal Claw | Magnitude | Astonish | Bulldoze ]

742.png

Bee Movie (f) lv. 21
    Timid | Honey Gather
    [ Absorb | Draining Kiss | Stun Spore | Struggle Bug ]

I will try to update this thread after each Trial or any other significant event in the game! Hope you all enjoy! Apologies for this update being rather barren. I made a lot of progress over the weekend and didn't have my laptop handy, so starting this sooner wasn't an option. I did, however, take a lot of screenshots. So please enjoy!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Alolan Friend!! ★ Miguel evolves!

Tonight, this night on November 21, 2016 at approximately 7:40, my beloved Alolan Diglett, Miguel, grew his luxurious mane to become the important, legendary, highly revered...Alolan Dugtrio. Hold your applause. You need not clap -- merely admire this majestic specimen and congratulate him on his amazing feat. He is very important.

051-a.png

Miguel (m) lv. 26
    Quiet | Tangling Hair
    [ Metal Claw | Magnitude | Sucker Punch | Bulldoze ]

I told y'all I would be updating for major things, alright. This is hands down the most important thing that will happen in this playthrough.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Wow! I love the Alola Form Digtrio for its type Steel + Ground , though it's weak to a number of types......

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, honestly this typing isn't all that great. :( I love A. Dugtrio so so so much, but I don't think they did it any favors in the typing and stat department here. Aesthetically speaking though, I'm totally in love.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, guess who got to into trying to finish and ignoring their updates. This guy. ;) Some final thoughts for the game, but I will come back to post my Champion team at some point! Anyway, it was an interesting change of pace for me to care about the plot of a Pokemon game more than I have since...perhaps Pokemon Colosseum, honestly! I mean, Black/White had a good story, but I never got in such a hurry to finish up to see what happens with the story rather than just finishing for the sake of finishing. I've often excused Pokemon with "it's just Pokemon, idc about the story" but whoa, Game Freak sure showed me on these games.

And characters! I was surprised Ilima was still being brought up on the 4th island, honestly. And I mean, other early on characters get mentions, too, but still! Husband! And then the whole thing with Lillie and Gladion. They developed so much and I'm so proud of them and I'm gonna adopt Gladion because he is my son there is no denying this okay yes. Of course me being me, I'm like diving into the psychology of the poor boy lmfao. I need a life. But holy crap this was so good and such a great way to wrap this up and wow.

I'm also working on training a post-game team to hunt down those Ultra Beasts and complete my Alolan regional Pokedex so look forward to that as well!

Back