• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Korean Pop Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    Korean Pop Club ♥ Hallyu Wave across Asia & the World

introduction.
    Welcome to the Korean Pop Club! This thread's purpose is to open up discussions about any of South Korea's music artists and idols - their albums and songs, music videos, current activities, concerts, variety show appearances, rumors/speculations, and more. Any other relevant topics such as the "Hallyu Wave" and its effect on Japan and other Asian countries - and even countries beyond Asia - may be discussed here as well. All defunct and current groups are appropriate for discussion, so don't be afraid to bring up a group that has long since disbanded!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rules.
    ⇢All normal PokéCommunity rules still apply
    ⇢Do not start fan wars with other members
    ⇢Do not talk badly of a certain artist/idol
    ⇢Do not spread hurtful/hateful rumors
    ⇢Do not post illegal content (download links, etc)
    ⇢Please credit your sources
    ⇢Please buy albums/singles to support them!

*Rules may be changed or amended as we see fit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join.
    Name:
    Favorite Group:
    Favorite Solo Artist/Idol:
    Why do you want to join?

fans.

OWNER _ Nyokou

CO-OWNER(S) _ Charizard★

MEMBERS _

K-Pop Master List !

2NE1 (Blackjack) - Official YouTube

4minute (4NIA) - Official YouTube

After School (Play Girlz)- Official YouTube
    APink (Pink Panda) - Official YouTube

BIGBANG (V.I.P) - Fan Club Thread | Official YouTube
    BoA (Jumping BoA) - Official Korean YouTube | Official Japanese YouTube
    Brown Eyed Girls (Everlasting) - Official YouTube

CHI CHI - Official Fan YouTube
    CoEd School

Dal★shabet (Darling) - Official YouTube

f(x) - Official YouTube
    Fin.K.L (Pinky)

G.NA (G.NI) - Offcial YouTube
    Girl's Day - Official YouTube
    Girls' Generation (S♥NE) - Official YouTube

Han Groo

IU - Official YouTube

KARA (Kamilia) - Official YouTube

Lee Hyori - Official YouTube

miss A (Say A) - Official YouTube

Nine Muses
    NS Yoon Ji - Official YouTube

Rainbow (Rain-nous) - Official YouTube
    RaNia - Official YouTube

Secret - Official YouTube
    SeeYa
    Shinhwa (Chanjo)
    SISTAR (STAR1) - Official YouTube
    Son Dam Bi
    Sunny Hill (Sunshine) - Official YouTube
    Super Junior (E.L.F) - Official YouTube

T-ara
    Teen Top

U;nee

Wonder Girls (Wonderful) - Official YouTube

Last edited:

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    Alright I added you as co-owner! I also made a little form for people to fill out, I totally forgot to make one. But it's there now!

Also, to consistently have conversations I'm just going to post like the latest news and stuff from my (personal) favorite groups/solo girls. Anyone else is free to contribute though. And ask for more people to be added to the list too.

July 25, 2011

After School Red's music video for "In the Night Sky" was just released a few hours ago on Pledis Entertainment's official YouTube channel! After School's music video for the Japanese version of "Bang!" was also released not too long ago. Check them out below!

Spoiler:

T-ara also released a third music video for "Roly Poly" - a song which they have won 2 M! Countdown trophies for plus an Inkigayo mutizen just this past Sunday. The third version of the music video features dances covers from their international fans from over 70 countries. The girls thank their fans in the MV in English, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese and Japanese. Check out all three versions below!

Spoiler:

Super Junior's teasers are getting better and more exciting! After a little over a year, one of South Korea's biggest and most popular guy groups is releasing their 5th album! Ryeowook's teaser was released today which means 6 more left to go! SuJu's 5th album is set to release on August 3rd.

Spoiler:

miss A's comeback song "Good-bye Baby" and the dance have been becoming a hot topic fast ever since the music video was released a week ago and made their comebacks on all major music shows (except for Music Bank). Suzy recently uploaded a video of one of their dance practice sessions onto her me2day which shows the hard work the girls put into making sure every dance performance is flawless.

Spoiler:

Recently, Girls' Generation member Tiffany was recently featured on the History Channel in a special titled South Korea: A Nation To Watch where she is interviewed briefly about Korean pop and its spreading influence. Definitely a testament to the Hallyu Wave that has spread across Asia and is continuing to spread throughout the world as well.

Spoiler:

Credit: Allkpop

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    After School's new MV was pretty interesting, first time I watched one of their MV's tbh.

Now I just have to wait until another BIGBANG MV.

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    Apparently a lot of Korean 'netizens' are disappointed with After School Blue & Red. Blue because there's nothing special or stand-out~ish about their song and look. Red because they were supposed to have a sexy concept but the song is too cutesy. I guess I have to agree though. But whatever.

Really sucks that Bekah graduated from the group though, she was one of my favorites. Well, she's the reason I started liking AS anyway.

Taeyang will be the next one to come out with a MV. Don't know about BB as a group though, maybe something for Japan next year after Daesung's -hiatus-. A lot of people don't seem to like their Japanese stuff though. Well, international fans... But they're also not that popular in Japan from what I've heard too. I think they should just stay in Korea but oh well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Apparently a lot of Korean 'netizens' are disappointed with After School Blue & Red. Blue because there's nothing special or stand-out~ish about their song and look. Red because they were supposed to have a sexy concept but the song is too cutesy. I guess I have to agree though. But whatever.

I haven't heard the song yet so I can't judge and such. But, I'll be listening to those songs sooner or later, and when I do, I'll give my input.

Really sucks that Bekah graduated from the group though, she was one of my favorites. Well, she's the reason I started liking AS anyway.

Is she a solo artist now?

Taeyang will be the next one to come out with a MV. Don't know about BB as a group though, maybe something for Japan next year after Daesung's -hiatus-. A lot of people don't seem to like their Japanese stuff though. Well, international fans... But they're also not that popular in Japan from what I've heard too. I think they should just stay in Korea but oh well.

Did he specifically say that? Oh and I'm guessing he's going to incorporate some English songs in his album since he went to America and such. One of my Japanese friends said that they're a bigger hit in Japan than in Korea, so I'm not sure...

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    Is she a solo artist now?

Nope, she went back to Hawaii, where she's from, and is I guess studying or trying to become a graphic designer. That was her original dream job to begin with, so everyone is happy for her. But also really sad.

Did he specifically say that? Oh and I'm guessing he's going to incorporate some English songs in his album since he went to America and such. One of my Japanese friends said that they're a bigger hit in Japan than in Korea, so I'm not sure...

Nope, but I imagine he'll release one. I hope the English songs are better. I suppose they should be though. You can only improve with time. :] Really? I heard they weren't as popular in Japan. Well, from what most other VIPs I've met have said anyway. Maybe they just said that cause they didn't like BB going over to Japan for so long... xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Nope, she went back to Hawaii, where she's from, and is I guess studying or trying to become a graphic designer. That was her original dream job to begin with, so everyone is happy for her. But also really sad.

Oh well, at least she got her dream job, so that's nice.

Nope, but I imagine he'll release one. I hope the English songs are better. I suppose they should be though. You can only improve with time. :] Really? I heard they weren't as popular in Japan. Well, from what most other VIPs I've met have said anyway. Maybe they just said that cause they didn't like BB going over to Japan for so long... xD

I actually liked his English songs :<

Oh and do you know how long it takes to ship from Korea to the US? I ordered an album today and it said it's going to come anywhere from August 19th-Sept. 9th. I didn't know it would take that long ._.

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    Oh and do you know how long it takes to ship from Korea to the US? I ordered an album today and it said it's going to come anywhere from August 19th-Sept. 9th. I didn't know it would take that long ._.

Yep, it takes a while. Did you order from YesAsia?

I've only ever ordered from DVDHeaven... took usually a month to ship to me and tracking my order from DVDHeaven is kinda confusing sometimes. But you should totally make sure to track it and know where it's at so you know when to expect it. Cause the last time I ordered something I missed the delivery guy the first time and I had to ask USPS to re-deliver it to me. If you don't pick it up from them or have them re-deliver it to you within a month they will ship it back to S. Korea.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yep, it takes a while. Did you order from YesAsia?

I've only ever ordered from DVDHeaven... took usually a month to ship to me and tracking my order from DVDHeaven is kinda confusing sometimes. But you should totally make sure to track it and know where it's at so you know when to expect it. Cause the last time I ordered something I missed the delivery guy the first time and I had to ask USPS to re-deliver it to me. If you don't pick it up from them or have them re-deliver it to you within a month they will ship it back to S. Korea.
    Nope, Amazon, but from what I saw on comments, they received it within a week or so. Are you able to track your order thru Amazon?

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    You should be able to track through Amazon.

1 week? Hm, maybe you ordered from someone different than those people? Or they've had to re-stock.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    You should be able to track through Amazon.

1 week? Hm, maybe you ordered from someone different than those people? Or they've had to re-stock.
    I ordered from Aamzon, but the supplier is 'no-back-order'. Hopefully it'll come soon, I'm dying to see it. Haha I mean look at it!:
    Spoiler:

I also wanted to get the Solar Deluxe Edition, but they were all sold out and they're done making them. :x

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    Did they have a good reputation?

YesAsia has the Solar CD+DVD combo, the international edition. It's not the same as the first press limited deluxe edition but it should still be pretty neat. DVDHeaven only has the regular edition. Or you could try eBay.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Did they have a good reputation?

YesAsia has the Solar CD+DVD combo, the international edition. It's not the same as the first press limited deluxe edition but it should still be pretty neat. DVDHeaven only has the regular edition. Or you could try eBay.
    My parents won't buy from YesAsia or DVD Heaven, only Amazon. They only version they have on Amazon is the normal version I think. And yup they do, a 99% rep. So that's pretty good, since the reviews said that the album cam in a week or two.

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
    Oh my gosh, so sorry for disappearing for a very long time... I just got caught up in other stuff. But now I'm back! Ok, I admittedly tried avoiding PC because the servers going down like almost every day kept bothering me. That doesn't seem to be a problem anymore though, I assume it's because everyone is busy with school...?

I updated the little layout thing for the first post featuring Girls' Generation, Brown Eyed Girls and Davichi as the top artists for this Fall. Looking forward to what Winter will be like because this Fall was pretty epic... with KARA, BEG, GG and WG all coming back... some really great stuff. Super Junior too did very well back in August/September.

EDIT:

The Melon Music Awards are going to start in about 1.5 hours and will be streamed live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MelonMusicAwards#p/l

Also, the Mnet Asian Music Awards will be broadcasted live through YouTube as well on November 29 from 7PM to 11PM KST: https://www.youtube.com/Mnet
    Confirmed performers for MAMA 2011 are Girls' Generation, 2NE1, Taeyang, Dynamic Duo, will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Super Junior, miss A, BEAST, 4minute's Hyuna, pianist Lang Lang, Koda Kumi and Zhiang Liang Ying.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I know you care for the club and everything, but if it's been a month since someone's posted in a club, you're actually not allowed to post in it again, so I have to close it. If you want to, you can make a new club for it instead of posting in this one again.

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back