• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kotaros Glanced Hits [Essentials V19.1]

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Hey there! My name's Kotaro and I code moves and a bunch of other things. One problem I find where a lot of players have (at least I hope people do) is the fact that evasion is useless and fucking sucks. So because of this, say goodbye to evasion and hello to my new mechanic, Glancing Hits.
    How it works:
    This mechanic basically acts like an inversed crit. For this move, the chance for this occurring is [24,16,8,4,4,2,1.5] where if this move lands the damage is multiplied by 0.75.

A glanced crit can also occur. However, the chance for this to happen is low so don't expect this to happen often. If it does occur, this is how it is calculated. If we say that the damage done normally was 20, and a critical hit occurs, and the hit is also glanced, the script would calculate the damage to be 20*1.5 for the crit amount, giving 30. The glance damage would be added onto the amount, times by 0.75 which gives 23 (rounded up). So overall the attack would do 23 damage to the opponent.

Overall changes:
    I changed all moves and abilities that affect evasion to somehow affect glanced hits instead.

Current changes:

• Sand veil and snow cloak now give +2 glanced hits stacks while in a sandstorm or hail. This increases the chance for a glanced hit to occur to 8 instead of 24.
    • Double team now gives +1 glanced stack when used.
    • Minimize gives +2 glanced stacks when used.
    • Moves that used to decrease evasion, now lower glanced stacks but they cannot go below 0 which is the normal chance of 24 for a glanced hit to occur.

Example:
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD LINK

Installation
    Download the file Unzip it and paste the Folder "Kotaros Glanced Hits" into your Plugins Folder.

If you have any questions regarding this script or any bugs that may occur post your questions/issues bellow!

Fixes/Notes
    Spoiler:

Cya,
    Kotaro.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Updated this since there was an Issue with the Accuracy check and everything should work fine now.

Back