• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kris or Soul?

Kris or Soul?

• Kris

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • Soul

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Both

Votes: 30 29.1%

• Total voters

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    GymLeaderLily,
    You.
    Are.
    Genius.

Absolutely Positively 100% Agree.

and thank you so much for the rep :D hehehehehe first rep ever!!

Ayselipera

I like them both equally. Although I do like Kris's blue hair alot<3

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • ^Your sig/avi disturbs me.

Anyways, I like them both. Kris was cool when she first came out and I still like her, but "Soul" (though I don't think that'll end up being her name) isn't as bad as people say. I actually think she's kind of cute. I'd be happy to play as either one.

Finnel

Years
  • Honestly, if you Kris fans don't like the new girl, either don't play as her or don't buy the game, and give up Pokemon.
    Please stop generalizing. I know tons of Kris fans, and I am one myself, none of us have started complaining loudly because of Soul. In fact, most of the other people I know actually like Soul. Just because a couple of mindless fanboys on a huge Pokémon forum are complaining doesn't mean all people with similar preferences are the same.

A Magical Girl

Let us catch our Dream
    Years
  • Please stop generalizing. I know tons of Kris fans, and I am one myself, none of us have started complaining loudly because of Soul. In fact, most of the other people I know actually like Soul. Just because a couple of mindless fanboys on a huge Pokémon forum are complaining doesn't mean all people with similar preferences are the same.
    I totally agree with you!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're AWESOME!!! :D I really mean it. I gave you good rep for your post.

Out of all the female characters, Kris was the one I liked least. Honestly, if you Kris fans don't like the new girl, either don't play as her or don't buy the game, and give up Pokemon. I have a headache because of you Kris fans, so thanks. I'm trying to understand how you people think the new girl is ugly. Picture the girl from the Pokemon Sunday show wearing Soul's outfit and wearing pigtails. That's how it would look. I don't see the socks as real socks, I see them more as knee highs with the same texture as stockings/tights. Besides, I thought people actually LIKED Mario. I also picture this new character in a game such as SSMB.

I really don't be rude most of the time but: WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT KRIS FANS HATE SOUL????!!???! I REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!! I HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT THE NEW CHARACTER IS NOT BAD AND MOST OF US KRIS FANS DO NOT HATE HER,BUT EVERYTIME I READ YOUR POST I COME UPON THE SAME PHRASE OR SENTENCE' Blah blah Kris fans hate soul blah blah Kris fans hate soul' WHEN HAVE WE SAID THAT WE HATE SOUL??? I DON'T REMEMBER EVER SAYING THAT!!! SO PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP SAYING THAT WE HATE SOUL!!!!

Ahem.. Looks like I got a little angry. I just don't hate soul and many others too don't hate her like me! So stop saying all that stuff about Kris fans. We just were hoping that she gets a cameo and nothing else. So no need to make it an argument and dividing the community on the basis of Kris and Soul fans!

(I know that some people may bad rep me for this one but I just needed to say this!)

EDIT: I got -ve rep for this one. But I really don't mind it. This may be a little too shouty but this type of message is written in this way only. If you want to give me more -ve rep then go ahead and give it. I really don't care coz I know that I have not made any mistake here. If I would have made any mistake then I would have been concerned about the -rep and all that. I have got -ve rep previously too but I knew that I had done something wrong those times. But not now. So go ahead and give me -999 rep for this one, I am not concerned.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Well, if I would have posted here when I first saw the new female character, I'd say she's horrible. When I posted here yesterday, I had grew, and realized that she was on the same level than Kris, and didn't really care.
    Now... I just remembered that I didn't even like Kris in Crystal... :cer_eek:
    And so... I happen to think Soul is actually better in every way.
    Sorry, this is my opinion. Live with it. I don't hate Kris Fans, I don't even hate Pokémon Anime-Fans, even though it sucks (you have to admit, PokéSpe is better).
    As a matter of fact, I just gave Crusher 1 good rep. Take this the way you want.
    I can't even remember the very reason I posted here now, I guess this is turnin' into a... Peace-makin' post. And if you like it or not, it's up to you.
    Kris-Fans. Look at soul and say one good thing about her.
    Soul-Fans. Take a look at Kris and do the same. (If I actually get you to do this, then I'm impressed, Roflmao)
    And people who like both/doesn't care. Give yourselves a hug.

Personally I think Soul is better RIGHT NOW, but kris was a good new thing when Crystal came out, made a lot of more girls play Pokémon (I think). That was my good thing.

*But Leaf is still better.*

Lance

Kris was first female playable-character,and I loved to play with her..Oh good ol' times..

KRIS!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    .Nostalgia, Smishtalgia. Yeah, I know that you grew up playing as Kris in the originals, but things change people! Soul is a breathe of fresh air for the pokemon games because she modernizes the female player. Kris on the other hand was just another trainer you could choose who had strange bluish hair and an ugly outfit. I really think that Soul will give some "soul" for the new games.
    THIS.
    OK, I actually liked Kris's clothes. I swear I could put her outfit together from my closet in a different color scheme and wear it if I wanted. But I hated the color scheme so effing much (red/yellow). It was a little more bearable in the anime (pink/purple).

"Soul" gets my vote. I'm a fan of overalls. I wore overalls religiously when I was a little girl, there's my bit of admitted hypocritical nostalgia. I wear my white cabbie hat more than any other of my hats. I have brown hair and brown eyes. Soul actually looks like me, so I can relate to her better. And have you seen the art of her? I don't mean the first one, I mean all the others. There's like three or four of them and she looks frikin adorable (I'm taking her hoooome~)!

It's alright if people don't like her because everyone has opinions. What grinds my gears is people blindly saying Kris is better because of sheer nostalgia. I didn't see anybody gushing over Kris before Soul came along. If people took off the rose-tinted glasses for about 10 seconds they would see that there's really nothing to whine about. There's a female playable character with a different color scheme and clothes, that in my opinion, actually look less jailbait than Kris's. Why? Kris's clothes are skin-tight. You can see everything. "Soul" has short overalls, but she's wearing long socks to cover her legs. She's exposing nothing that doesn't need to be, which fits with Johto's Fall theme.

One final note. Why do people whine about Soul's hat? Kris is wearing a yarmulke, in case you haven't noticed. A yarmulke. That's the one thing I never liked about Kris. Everything else is fine, but Soul is my personal preference.

tl;dr version: Soul >>>> Kris

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • It's alright if people don't like her because everyone has opinions. What grinds my gears is people blindly saying Kris is better because of sheer nostalgia.

Its good to know that there are some people who follow the philosophy of 'Different People, Different Opinions' lol XD. I have to say that there are people like THAT, but some people just like Kris for other things besides nostalgia.(I personally really don't care much about nostalgia! XD) So I fall in that other category. I STILL say that I don't hate Soul! Hope some people are listening! lol XD.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • For me:

Kris > Blue/Leaf > May ≈ Soul > Dawn

Kris was not only the first, but to me at least, the most tomboyish. On a completely unrelated note, she had the cutest heroinexrival ship. Next is Blue/Leaf. I liked her speculated appearance outfit more that the FRLG one.https://www.sailorteam.com/fakecard/starters/rgb.jpg I have May and Soul on equal, because... yeah. I'm actually okay with Soul. I like May's design/outfit, but I hate her game so she's about tied with the girl whose outfit I deem mediocre, but "replaced" my favorite. Dawn is last because I just plain dislike the outfit she was given. Completly impractical. I hope no one ever wheres that while adventuring. I'm okay with DPPt, though. Better that RSE anyways.

I still think of Soul as a heavily redesigned Kris. I just wish it hadn't been such a drastic change.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Soul. That's why she is in my avatar. If you hate her, then you don't like my avatar. :( Soul isn't the first Pokemon trainer to wear overalls ya know. Birdcatchers in GSC wore them, as well as those two special characters made for wifi plaza. It looked cute on all of them. Overalls may not be so great on an actual person, but I give Game Freak props for making the girl wear something the other female playable characters haven't worn. It's perfect for her region. She has to go to Ice Cave and other places of the sort. She needs long sleeves. That's probably why she also has long socks. The season this game represents is fall, so that's why she's covered up like that. She reminds me of a combo between Misty and Whitney, but brunette version. I don't want to play as someone with blue hair again. I would like to play as a character that resembles me for once. (Leaf was the closest to that.) If the new girl wore her hair down, I'm sure it would be almost the same length or longer than Dawn's hair, which is close to my hair length. I actually like the hat.
    I like your avatar. I would actually like her alot better if she have long hair like that instead of what she actually has
    I'm guessing all you Kris fans hate my avatar, don't you? Why do all of you hate this new girl? Is it because she's not your favorite character, Kris? Pretend Kris never existed, would you still hate this new character? Hating someone for not looking the way you want them to look is a little ridiculous, don't you think? This new girl actually looks age appropriate. I honestly don't think they made her look like Mario on purpose. Her shirt was made red to match Gold's. They were probably thinking of just giving her shorts, but the shirt looked a little plain, so they made the shorts into overalls. In wifi plaza, the boy and girl trainers wear overalls and it looks cute on them. Okay, so the artwork isn't perfect. Sometimes the artwork looks gorgeous and the sprite looks awful. We know the hat isn't that big on her overworld sprite. If we're going to make a good decision, I think we should wait until we see the back sprite and the battle sprite.
    Like I said, I like it. X3

Last edited:

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I never played as Kris.
    So I most likely wont play as Soul either.

Im just glad Gold is in there. :p

Dark Trainer Piro

The Trainer in the Darkness
    Years
  • I prefer Kris mostly because Silver was the first Pokemon game I ever had. So it holds a special place in my memories.

Also, I like Kris' design better.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Kris-Fans. Look at soul and say one good thing about her.
    Soul-Fans. Take a look at Kris and do the same. (If I actually get you to do this, then I'm impressed, Roflmao)
    And people who like both/doesn't care. Give yourselves a hug.
    Alright, here is what I think.

Kris was indeed the first, but I don't think she looked too great. Soul looks amazing. That is what I think.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Honestly, I live Crys way better, but I think Soul is like Leaf, and is just a new version of Crystal

Years
  • Kris had a cute sprite. The blue hair was lovely on her. (Blue is my favorite color.) She was the first girl I've played as in a video game. If there was a Crystal only remake, I'd like to play as her again.

Spoiler:

Back