• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Lan Multiplayer?

Years
I'm under the assumption that there is no way of doing this but I thought I'd just ask anyway. Just wondering if there's any plugins or scripts that will allow a limited group of people connect via Lan to play together? Possibly through hamachi or other Lan applications.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Not that exists currently, but you might be able to wrangle something out of "Multiple Protagonists" and the pointers in this thread.

Note that Essentials has a "Sockets" section of the scripts, so if you know what you're doing when it comes to that then it shouldn't be too tricky.

As I said on the MP thread, if someone has a convincing plan for what a proper co-op Pokémon experience looks like I'd potentially be willing to contribute.

Years
Well I know how to script but this will is my first time playing with networking scripts. If anyone wishes to help out feel free to do so.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
Older versions of Essentials had a server for multiplayer, I think the last ones I remember having it were versions 10-12(?)
Tbh I was hoping someone would revive that aspect, it's just not something I'm capable of doing

Back