• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias vs. Latios

Whos better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lil' jose

what ball do you like?
Years
  • In this corner contending around 4' 7" and 150 lbs. is LATIAS. And in the other corner contending around 6' 0" and 200 lbs. is LATIOS.

Okay what I'm getting to is I wanna know what people think between Latias and Latios. You can say why you think one is better than the other and all that good stuff. No trashing though like saying that Latias is a girl and girl pokemon are weak. Get it, got it, doubt it.

Mikoudi

Gameboy Helper
    Years
  • Girl pokemon are weak? Actually, not really. My female Venomoth is very powerful and can kill even a level 100 fire pokemon.

Mikoudi

Gameboy Helper
    Years
  • I think Latios is best cause he is blue. Lol, I also think Latias is better cause defence is strong and can block off attack and do big attack on other low defence pokemon.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Ya might now that Female pkmn better than the Male ones...
    And Latias is cutter, have more Sp. DEf and is... Female!

So i prefer Latias :P

(Im actually posting in the GB/GBC/GBA games forun O_O)

Mikoudi

Gameboy Helper
    Years
  • Castrainer said:
    Ya might now that Female pkmn better than the Male ones...
    And Latias is cuter, has more Sp. Def and is a... Female!

So i prefer Latias :P

(Im actually posting in the GB/GBC/GBA games forun O_O)

(It isn't that bad :P)

Plus Latias has more def. than Latios ^_~

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Mikoudi said:
    (It isn't that bad :P)

Plus Latias has more def. than Latios ^_~

Yay! Def and Sp. DEf in 1st place!
    *looks at Latios Master's face*
    But Latios aint that bad :nervous:

Mikoudi

Gameboy Helper
    Years
  • I have both so it really doesn't matter to me. I bribed them off my friend through "blackmail" as we call it XD.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Latias IS weaker, because of a much lower special attack in comparison. Latios and Latias' stats regarding defenses and offenses are switched around. Because Latios' attack stats are higher, it will benefit more from soul dew. Plus it's not like Latias have much skills to help it stall like Deoxy-LG can for example, so generally it's Latios that's preferred (and therefore "stronger")

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Latios has better attack but Latias is cuter and has better defence SO I'd have to with Latias and like someone mentioned you cant get an ONLY girl legendary anywhere else!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • but you can't get an ONLY male legendary anywhere else either =p Latios is the only dragon dancer who doesn't have quad weakness to something too (Kingdra also has this property but Kingdra sucks way too much in the physical attack move department)

Plus in the metagame of Fully Advanced, both of them are equally bad and mega-ubar if they have their precious soul dew which is a free Calm Mind before the battle have even begun. These ubar legendaries can withstand an ice beam and remain barely scratched with soul dew.

katty

what's^?
    Years
  • gurl pokemon are not weak,its just their gender live with it. This is all about opinion, to me both are equally powerful, but somehow latias's stat is slightly lower.

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • My opinion is that latias is better. She is the ony girl legendary like shining light said I mean must of them look like boys ^_^;

Back