• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias vs. Latios

Whos better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    sERIOUSLY? SOul Dew makes them uber? *opens up calc and starts tweaking a LatiAS*

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Having a gender in terms of Pokemon is bad period. No gender = no attract. Some gender = attract. So Latios and Latias would technically be stronger without gender (but that would take away the coolness factor). Latias and Latios have the same stats too except the offensive stats and the defensive stats are flipped around.

Another reason why Latios > Latias: Latios is a bit more flexible as the move drgaon dance is always available ready to help out, with soul dew for a natural boost in the no EV specials (see why soul dew is ubar? You can go 0 EVs in them and still come up to the 300s in both specials)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    I hate when people say that Latias has bad special attack stat. I forget the base, but it's not low, just lowER. With one calm mind, her special defense makes her almost inpenetrable. And soul dew is for sissies. I caught a Modest Latias, so I'm awesome.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Latias is cool because it's red. Red is totally tubular, dude... 0_0

I don't too much about the duo, but from wha I've read in my RU/SA guidebook, Latios is stronger.

EDIT: 666th post, uh, scary-o-rama, dude

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    Latias all the way. She's smaller, and i feel stronger. I hacked one (since i hav Ruby) and cause i don't like Latios. Who likes blu and gray? Red is my fav. color, and white is better than gray. Latios looks freaky. Even though i don't like girl pokemon, i hacked it male so i call Latias a he. Even though it has a female sign next 2 it, in my mind it is still male.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2006
    Xilion_Sword90 said:
    Well Latios and Latias both have some strong points and some weak points...

Latios has bad Sp. Defense, Latias has bad Sp. Attack

But both can learn Calm Mind and Dragon Dance...

My Lv.50 Latios beat a 100 Treecko and blaziken

Also i like

Latias- 49.5%
    Latios- 50.5

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    latias can't learn dragon dance. It's a latios only move (SEXIST!!!)

And that blaziken is a lack wit to lose to something 50 lvls lower than it... o.o; I mean even if Latios is ubar, pure force brick break = win o.o; Treecho should be able to win that too with seed/sub/protect/repeat

Back