• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Leafgreen/firered: Pokemon level up slower?

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Alright, I've been raising a Larvitar up to a Tyranitar, and as soon as it evolved into Pupitar, it takes a ridiculous amount of EXP to get to another level. I don't use an EXP share, I just place it as first, then fight until it faints, or I exhaust my armageddon stockpile of hyper potions. I got bored with this, then decided to level up some pokemon (a squirtle and a sneasel) and when they hit their 30's, it was a breeze to get them from their previous levels (14 and 21) to 40, infact, it took one of them much less time than pupitar to gain a level. Any explanation for this annoying phenomenon?

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    That's not really anything new. Larvitars base EXP is 1,250,000 meaning it levels up slow.
    Squirtles base EXP is 1,059,860 and thats like medium slowish!
    Sneasels base EXP is the same as squirtles.
    See the difference in the EXP?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    yeah I felt like FR/LG is longer than the rest so they drew out the leveling up lol I was like dang in diamond I should be like lv 87 by now why am I just at 35 lol

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Different Pokemon have different max EXP levels as Yellow!!!! stated. Pupitar just happens to have a lot. The game doesn't matter - it's probably what you fight that's slowing you down.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    ^ what he said
    Btw if you think lvling up pupitar is slow try Seviper it has the most exp needed to reach lvl 100

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Not only Seviper, but also Shroomish/Breloom, Corphish/Crawdaunt, Gulpin/Swalot, Illumise, Makuhita/Hariyama, and Wailmer/Wailord. They all require 1,640,000 Exp points to reach Lv100.

And you are complaining about Pupitar? Weak sauce, by comparison.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That isn't true. I would call Illumise anything but strong. Also note that not one single Legendary Pokemon requires 1,640,000 Exp points to reach Lv100.

Back