• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leafgreen Tyranitar

Years
    I'm in process of training my Pupitar (Male, level 37) up to a Tyranitar, and I was wondering what everyone thought of the moveset I was thinking of using.

Crunch
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Hyper Beam

Any changes or advice would be appreciated.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 108 HP / 184 Atk / 216 Spd
    Dragon Dance

Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Taunt
    Yeah, that's what I use. EVs might be different from other people, but that's the way I use it. You could run a mixed style Tyranitar since it IS in-game, so:

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 48 HP / 64 Atk / 208 Spd / 188 SAtk
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Ice Beam / Thunderbolt (Yeah, pick one depending on what kind of coverage.)
    That is in-game Tyranitar, which means it's not really suited for competitive play.
    And there you have it. Not really anything good I could think of, at least in-game wise anyway.

Years
    I'm in process of training my Pupitar (Male, level 37) up to a Tyranitar, and I was wondering what everyone thought of the moveset I was thinking of using.

Crunch
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Hyper Beam

Any changes or advice would be appreciated.

I have the move Thrash instead of Hyper Beam on my Tyranitar. Mine is Lvl. 93. :D

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iceman3k
    And there you have it. Not really anything good I could think of, at least in-game wise anyway.

I don't think that Tyranitar can learn Dragon Dance.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I have the move Thrash instead of Hyper Beam on my Tyranitar. Mine is Lvl. 93. :D

Quote:

Thrash is useless. And Tyranitar gets Dragon Dance as an egg move.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Quote:

You been making a lot of poorly thought-out posts here, so I'll tell you this:

Don't give suggestions to other people untiil you've learned more about team-building. Visit Smogon and listen to what more experienced people in this forum say.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Another note about your signature, Your opinions in this forum are useless unless they provide accurate and helpful information. Which means we have to worry when you imply that someone should use Hail on Glalie ._.

Years
    From a guy whose a complete noob with guys like Tyranitar, thanks for all the advice everybody. I think I've got a better idea what I should be shooting for now.

Back