• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LEAST Favorite Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    This is a thread where your least favorite shippings are discussed and shared. Here are the rules:

1. NO flaming. If you get offended, please keep it to yourself. Nobody is targeting you; we just want to discuss.
    2. Please try to share your opinion intelligently, preferably with a reason for your opinion.
    3. Have fun! Hopefully, some kindred spirits can be met.

I'm going to put all my cards on the table:

I hate OldRivalShipping.

It pretty much has no basis in fact, and they have less than 6 canon hints. It honestly would not bother me, but it's just so overrated. I'm not trying to offend anybody, but it's just something that really annoys me. All of the fanfics, fanart, and AMVs... I mean, come on! Many people say that it "completes the group". The group does not need to be "completed". I just don't understand why a crack shipping became the third most popular ship, only because of SpecialShipping. Don't get me wrong; I love Green and Blue, but not together. The two are obviously close friends, but that's where it ends.

Also, SpecialShipping is a bit overrated for me. It's pretty much exclusively one-sided: Yellow is obviously interested in Red, but Red himself hasn't shown any interest. Some people also say that it's canon; the only canon couples are Ruby and Sapphire and Wallace and Winona. Once again, I love Yellow, love Red, but they aren't fit as a couple. Yellow seems to Hero-Worship Red, but Red sees her as a close friend, nevermind the fact he thought she was a he for a couple years!!

Once again, don't get offended; Please, it's not worth it. They aren't even real. I just think the shippings are overrated in general and take away from the amazing characters and plots. I hope I've expressed my points intelligently and with courtesy, instead of the usual "ZOMG OLDRIVALSHIPPING SUX!!!!1 TEH ARE THE LAMENEZZ!!111 LUCKYSHIPPING FTW!!!!" I've just wanted to say this for a while!

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I haven't been on in half a year. O_o

Anyways, I created a thread like this on Serebii, but it was closed because people were being obnoxious. Hopefully people will me more respectful here.

My least favorite ship is MangaQuest. I absolutely cannot get myself to like this ship no matter how seemingly canon it is. I'm a hardcore SpecialJewel/Redemption Shipper, and I'm really annoyed that Silver and Crys barely interacted in the manga like they should have. I think this is getting fixed in HGSS, though. Yes, I know, Crys is the only one who can tame Gold, yadayadayada, but I think he's way immature for her. His interaction with Whitney seem much more entertaining. I have nothing against people who do like Mangaquest, but I really don't like it personally. What bugs me more is how people would use it to pair Silver with "Soul" had she been a completely different person.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    Completely agree with Miley really.

I don't like BluexGreen or RedxYellow at all.

I would say there are pretty much no hints towards the first, aside from the fact that they both have attitude problems, they're pretty hot-headed, haha.

As for the latter, the "hero worship" thing suits Yellow perfectly. I think you sum it up nicely in that phrase :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    @ Miley: well, that's the thing about shipping. People often don't choose the one which is most likely to become canon, but the one which has most appeal for them. But I do see your point -- I have the exact same in another fandom. Not in Pokémon, though. Oldrival is my favourite shipping, so I don't complain about all the attention ;D

Oh, and the thing about Red and Yellow: I actually think it isn't entirely one-sided. Red does seem to be (extra) awkward around her, and whilst he still might be oblivious to Yellow's feelings, I certainly would call it one of the shippings with most hints in it. The makers seem determined to make Special believable, what with (shirtless) Red holding Yellow in his arms and all that. Well, it's a cute ship, so I don't mind ...though I wouldn't mind some more Mangapoke, as well. ;-)

As for my least favourite shippings; I feel awkward listing them, because usually it ends with people getting offended and that's the last thing I want to do. But alas, to not make this post completely useless--

(--and it should be noted, by the way, that I do not hate these shippings. That's really too big a word for something so trivial in life as shippings. At top, I dislike them.)

1. Mangapallet (RedxGreen): I just... cannot imagine them to be anything else than friends. I don't have any well-versed reasons for this, it's really just a feeling-thing. They're best friends; they should stay that way imo. :)
    2. Lucky (BluexRed): I find their personalties to be hardly compatible, and in fact, think that Blue would get bored soon with Red, him being a bit dense when it comes to love. I just think that Red needs someone sweet, and Blue needs a challenge. So their friendship is nice, but really nothing more.
    3. Feeling (GreenxYellow): This is more a mentor relationship than anything else, and were they to become romantically involved, it probably wouldn't change. I cannot imagine Green ending up with someone so sweet and innocent... that, and canon clearly points to another boy for Yellow. The one she sketches in her note book, yes, haha.

...eh, yes, I do realise I listed all pairings that clash with Oldrival. Don't shoot me. :D

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    @invisible-chan: I wouldn't worry about people being obnoxious here! In my three years here, I've noticed that people on Pokecommunity are much more respectful, polite, and overall, more mature. That's why I left Serebii a couple years ago!

@SuperLink: Yay! I know someone who agrees with me!

@Snoaz: First of all, I want to thank you for not biting my head off! I was honestly expecting someone to completely miss the point of this thread and act like a rabid fangirl with no perception of reality who may or may not have experimented with hard drugs! And you're right; hate is indeed a very strong and overused word. Dislike is more appropriate!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back