• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Legacies) EX: Starting Point

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Please note that due to a server error, Codename Revolution is offline until further notice. All launches, releases and other specified dates for site events have been cancelled or delayed. The production of Legacies: Legends Live Forever has also been delayed until further notice.

EX: Starting Point is the first in my new series called Legacies. It consists of a total of 120 cards, excluding a promotional card (below) and a box topper. The 120 is a mixture of 18 holographic cards, 15 rare cards, 14 uncommon cards, 34 common cards, 13 Trainer cards, 7 Pokémon-ex, 3 Pokémon-*, and 16 Energy cards.

Changes to the original set
    There have been several changes to the original Base Set. To start, several of the Pokémon originally in the set have had their type changed (but not to a type - or to types - they would not normally have). Also, a number of the Pokémon have had their original rarities changed.

Set spoilers
    All set spoilers are now complete, with help from some members from another forum. However, the only spoilers to be revealed publicly will be ones randomly selected by me.

Production of the set
    Visual production, i.e. the making of the cards, has now officialy begun, and two of the cards have now been made. These are below.

Promotional Release
    [Removed]

This is a broken version of the Blastoise card in the set. It wasn't broken until someone showed me some errors on the card; the spoiler has now been modified.

The original idea was to release an evolution line at a time; but seeing how long that'd take, I'm thinking of releasing 1 rare/rare holo/ex/*, 2 uncommon, and 3 common cards at a time (with 6 cards total released every so often). I've seen how it works with EX Acanthite - very well indeed. However, I might not use this idea, just so I'm not copying... If I stick with the original idea, Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite ex will be released first.

Project Website
    [Removed]

The First Two Cards
    [Removed]

Last edited:

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    Nidoking ex is pretty cool! I like that you used Esperate's art! Toxic Claws is a bit tad overpowered on the Poison but... it's an incredibly cool ex, right?

Mewtwo... Cool art! There is one spacing error on the Power, "Pokémonand". The attack is also cool! Is this the current Psychic attack used by Nintendo???

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    The Acanthite blanks... hum... I really don't know... *le gasp*

Also, the Poison is totally overpowered cause it deals 30 damage per turn not just 10 or 20 as usual.

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    I think Poison Claws is Underpowered, but sometimes Overpowered for 1 4 energy cost. Why don't you make 20 damage to 30? and nice card for Mewtwo, but the Power should have a flip effect. Nice cards.

8/10 for Nidoking ex and Mewtwo

Gengar should be the next card.

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
    Years
    QFred said:
    The Acanthite blanks... hum... I really don't know... *le gasp*

Also, the Poison is totally overpowered cause it deals 30 damage per turn not just 10 or 20 as usual.

dude, have you ever seen Crobat from HL?

I would say it's underpowered, not overpowered. (Nidoking, not Crobat)
    3 damage counters for poison is nothing new.

and since we're talking about stage 2 and an ex, it's not too much damage.

good work. base damage of 30 or even 40 would be maybe even better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Both Nidoking ex and Mewtwo have been modified and corrected. They will be posted shortly.

First batch will be released shortly.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Nice cards! You cards are so cool. Mistakes have been pointed out already (I should REALLY get here faster) :P Blastoise = 8.5/10. Not original art and the holosheet looks bad, but overall a nice card. Nidoking EX is grand, but once again, no original art. ;-; 9/10. The holosheet bugs me on that too. Mewtwo is excellent! Still no original art. ;0; 9.5/10.

Nice work.

Back