• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Legendaries

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Plain and simple: Can you only get all prior legendaries if you've essentially played ALL of the previous games and "worked your way up" via transfer? I was thinking Pokebank was the first time this was accomplished, but maybe I'm mistaken. I know which ones are in X/Y, and I'm currently doing a playthrough on a copy of White 2 I bought, but I haven't played Pokémon since Silver/Gold up until last year. I'd really like Lugia and Entei, but it looks like those are stuck in the past for people like me. It's not a huge deal I guess, but I've always liked the challenge of collecting all of them and that doesn't appear easily possible at this time in my position, if ever.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Plain and simple: Can you only get all prior legendaries if you've essentially played ALL of the previous games and "worked your way up" via transfer? I was thinking Pokebank was the first time this was accomplished, but maybe I'm mistaken. I know which ones are in X/Y, and I'm currently doing a playthrough on a copy of White 2 I bought, but I haven't played Pokémon since Silver/Gold up until last year. I'd really like Lugia and Entei, but it looks like those are stuck in the past for people like me. It's not a huge deal I guess, but I've always liked the challenge of collecting all of them and that doesn't appear easily possible at this time in my position, if ever.

Kinda yes, kinda no.

Basically, if you are only playing by yourself and cannot trade with other people, then yes, you cannot get all the legendaries at this time. However, with the GTS, websites like this and Facebook groups, you can arrange trades with other people online and still get all the legendaries (I myself have all the legendaries plus two additional boxes of legendaries I am saving for trades because between shinies and IV and egg move breeding, if you ask around enough you can literally get any pokemon you could ever want! Having said that, if you have something good to trade, I might have an extra Lugia in my Pokebank I could offer to you! ;-)

Edit: upon checking, I do in fact have an extra Lugia. It's level 5 in a Dream Ball so apparently it's from the Dream World in whatever previous games had it and it has Multiscale ability, if you're interested. No Entei though.

Last edited:

Pinta77

You don't need to have played all of them. For example, you don't need the mewtwo from fire red/leaf green because it's available on Heargold/Soul Silver as well as X & Y. Same with some other legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    You don't need to have played all of them. For example, you don't need the mewtwo from fire red/leaf green because it's available on Heargold/Soul Silver as well as X & Y. Same with some other legendaries.

Right, but in order to get the legendaries I missed out on, I essentially have to buy all the old copies is what I'm getting at.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To get previous legendary Pokémon into X and Y, you don't necessarily have to play all older games and work your way up dex-by-dex. Even though none are going on right now, they host distribution events every once in a while, in which they give away Pokémon (with most being legendaries). If you've never gotten any chance to transfer certain Pokémon in previous generation of games, you still have chance to make up for that by taking advantage of giveaways like this.

Aside from that, another thing I would suggest is trading. You don't exactly have to trade with random people over GTS; if you want to have more of a reliable and trusted offers, I'd recommend you to set up trades in message boards such as this one, as you would easily be able to easily contact the person you're dealing with, helping you to prevent yourself from being scammed and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    With the X and Y addition of the ability to type in the pokemon you want event if you've never seen it as long as you have a sought after pokemon you can up load yours and ask for the legendary that you want and if you have a shiny like I do that you can clone then within 15 mins each pokemon I want came my way for my crappy shiny lapras and that just makes it a matter of time to complete the dex.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I used to use the GTS regularly until I started seeing everything listed for the same 8 Pokémon, heh. Owells.

But you don't need to rely on just the GTS, this website you're on has an entire series of boards dedicated just to trading, and any kind of trading you could imagine from just quick trades to get a particular item or wild pokemon not in the version you have right down to competitively bred and trained pokemon with 5 or 6 IVs, egg moves, the nature you want, the ability you want, everythng tailor made to what you want (you obviously need to have something the other person wants the better pokemon you want them to give you) like Peitharchia said, and like Peteed said, instead of looking for the pokemon you want, you offer one of the pokemon you have on the GTS and type in the pokemon you are looking for and if what you're offering is good enough, someone else will give you their pokemon for yours. Case in point, a few weeks after it came out I traded a shiny Scatterbug for an Articuno, and that was when the game had recently come out (meaning that it was an articuno from the current gen, not from the previous gen since Pokebank hadn't even been announced yet, let alone released) in fact I myself offered you a Dreamworld Lugia in an earlier post in this thread, so there's tons of options for you to get all the legendaries that you could ever want.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    But you don't need to rely on just the GTS, this website you're on has an entire series of boards dedicated just to trading, and any kind of trading you could imagine from just quick trades to get a particular item or wild pokemon not in the version you have right down to competitively bred and trained pokemon with 5 or 6 IVs, egg moves, the nature you want, the ability you want, everythng tailor made to what you want (you obviously need to have something the other person wants the better pokemon you want them to give you) like Peitharchia said, and like Peteed said, instead of looking for the pokemon you want, you offer one of the pokemon you have on the GTS and type in the pokemon you are looking for and if what you're offering is good enough, someone else will give you their pokemon for yours. Case in point, a few weeks after it came out I traded a shiny Scatterbug for an Articuno, and that was when the game had recently come out (meaning that it was an articuno from the current gen, not from the previous gen since Pokebank hadn't even been announced yet, let alone released) in fact I myself offered you a Dreamworld Lugia in an earlier post in this thread, so there's tons of options for you to get all the legendaries that you could ever want.

I saw your offer, and I appreciate it. COLLECTIVELY speaking, I don't really have much to offer because I haven't built up a solid foundation/'dex collection like many people here have (going back to the original problem). Peteed, you're implying you're basically shiny farming and getting all your Legendaries that way with one? I've got one shiny I found, a Butterfree - but I don't imagine most people want that one. How are you farming them via breeding?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I saw your offer, and I appreciate it. COLLECTIVELY speaking, I don't really have much to offer because I haven't built up a solid foundation/'dex collection like many people here have (going back to the original problem). Peteed, you're implying you're basically shiny farming and getting all your Legendaries that way with one? I've got one shiny I found, a Butterfree - but I don't imagine most people want that one. How are you farming them via breeding?

you're just presuming you don't have something people don't want, but out of the millions of pokemon players, you can't ever really be sure what anyone would want. I currently have all the legendaries (not counting the Kalos legendaries) and am breeding the rest myself as I come across them, so having said that, I personally am looking for rare or expensive hold items, Pokemon caught in the Friend Safari with their hidden abilities, pokemon with move tutor egg moves (such as Drifloon with Defog) and stuff like that. (obviously for a legendary I would want more than just one thing, but deals can always be worked out)

now as for Shiny Farming, there's several ways to do it.

- One is called Pokemon Chaining where you use the Pokemon radar in a patch of tall grass and every time you use it grass shakes and you get to that patch of tall grass without encountering any other pokemon before you get to that patch, and if you keep encountering the same pokemon over and over again by getting to these patches of grass, you get a slightly higher and higher chance of it being shiny every time you encounter it.

- The second is Chain fishing, which is basically the same as above, just fishing. (there are detailed guides online about exactly how to do the above methods)

- the other one involving breeding is called the Masuda Method where basically if you have at least one of the pokemon from a country other than yours and breed it in the daycare, you get an increased chance of the offspring being shiny. Normally, the rate for a shiny encounter or hatch is 1/8192, however with the Masuda Method, that can change the hatching rate to 1/1638, so as long as you are breeding with a pokemon from another country, the shiny rates are much higher. (which is why Foreign 6IV dittos are in such high demand

- And finally, once you complete the national dex (minus a few of the event giveaway pokemon) you get a Shiny Charm which increases the rate in which you encounter shiny pokemon (In the wild, the rate is now 1/1365, for breeding I can't find anything saying what or even if the rates go up with)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Howmander, PM me a list of things you need (specifics, or anything you really want over other things) when you get the time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    thank goodness for pokebank and poketransfer. until i picked up X this passed January i havent played pokemon since blue first came out. after beating x, i went back and ordered black, black 2, platinum and soul silver and transfered all the legendaries over to x. as for event legendaries, found a seller on ebay that had every event legendary (excluding diancie, hoopa, volcanion) legit non hacked, so i paid him 10 dollars and he sent them to me. now i have a living pokedex with every pokemon ^_^

Back