• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Cards of the Grand Masters - look?

How would the Legendary Cards look like?

• Holographic illustration

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Holographic card

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Holographic card & holographic illustration

• Refractor card

• Refractor card & holographic illustration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No special effects

• Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    In conjunction with the Gameboy Island Set;

This is mostly for those of you who have played the Pokémon TCG for Gameboy. If the four Legendary Cards existed, how would you picture they were?

I've supplied the illustrations used in game as a reference picture. However, they are quite small. If you don't know how to zoom on a picture, these pictures were taken from Ultimate Pokémon Center (google up the link) were they are displayed in 200% (or was it 400%) size.

I've supplied a poll. If you select "Other...", please post a reply stating what you picture the cards would be like and why you'd want them that way. Feel free to reply if you select the others too, stating why you think it would be that way.

Thanks.

Last edited:

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    I'm not very sure about puting this here or not, but I'll just say that Oekaki Boards and Forum Boards are awesome places to fnd awesome pics!

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Forgot to actually upload the pictures. First post edited with pictures.

QFred: Not sure if I understand your post. I didn't catch if it was ment as a generic comment or to my post in particular.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
    i don't understand what this is about...? um.. you have the pictures there.. so how can we guess what they look like...? um, totally confused???

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Flame Claw got it right. Those pictures are from the cards in the Gameboy TCG game, the four cards that you get when you beat the final champions, the Grand Master. Those are supposed to be THE ultimate cards (in the end of the game, it even says that the cards speak to you for crying out loud... they aren't exactly the typical card). They don't exist in real life, only on the Gameboy.

However, the game doesn't exactly reveal how the cards look like other than those low quality illustrations you see up there. You only have the illustrations to use when trying to imagine what they would look like if they did exist in real life. What would you envision that the cards would look like in real life?

The reason I'm asking is that I am making these cards as part of my Gameboy Islands set. I'm not sure myself how I should make them look. I've got various ideas, some that I prefer more then other, but I would really like input from my fellow card fakers on how you envision they would look like.

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    If you're going to make Those Legendary Cards then you should go with Holographic illustration. Those cards are strong. They are meant to be used as that. :D

By the way, Flame Claw, Kresjah's a "He". :)

Oh, about the pics:

I suggest you replace them. They are Sprites so if they are resized, they could be pixelated and it's not good. I Agree with QFred, try to look for nice pics.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    The sprites aren't going to be used on the cards. The reason I supplied the sprites was to give people who hadn't seen them an idea to how they look. The illustrations will be re-drawn from scratch in the final revision of the cards.

So, a holographic image? Why a holographic image, and not a holographic card, or even both? Just asking to see why people are making the choices they do. It might help me see things from a new perspective.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    The post I made was a critic because I don't know if the post is okay to be here, and a tip for looking for images. Community Doodle, PokéCommunity's oekaki, has great artists painting there, and everyday, cool pics are uploaded on this forum art section.

Or you can always ask someone to do them for you... Or draw them yourself!^^

I chose Holographic BG on the card cause a good set must be near real sets... so...

Back