• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary pokemon, good or bad?

Ubers?

• cheap

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • fair

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

daveshan

Glory to Groudon
Years
    • VA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    i know i sound like an idiot saying this, but whats an uber?
    From what I've gathered, an uber is any pokemon whose base stats add up to +600. Pokemon whose base stats equal 600 are judged based on several factors.

For example: Mew can learn every TM move: Uber. Manaphy can use rest during a rain dance and be completely healed and be awake thanks to hydration: Uber. Celebi has a horrible type combo and shallow move pool: Not uber

As for the uber argument, they are totally fair. Everyone has the chance to raise them as long as they are able to be obtained legitimitely. Didn't want to go to a Nintendo event to get a deoxys? Oh well. I didn't do that, but I don't complain when my foes whip out a FR deoxys.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    No.

Slaking has base stats that add up to 670, but it still isn't uber. Wobbuffet has, like...400 total and it's considered an uber.

As for the argument...I'm not sayin' anything.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Ubers qualify as any normal Pokemon with 600+. Slaking doesn't qualify because it only moves every other turn, leaving it wiiiide open to be CC'd or Aura'd to death, and Wobbuffet qualifies because it's a living mirror, not to mention the fact that if two Wobs end up against each other, the battle will take another half hour to hour to finish depending on the PP stocks of both Wobs, and if they both have Leftovers, it'd never end. It's called an uber to prevent this awkward situation from happening.

Xerion

Snap, Crack, Break!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    WHY YOU LITTLE!!!! I bet I could beat you any time! Just like you, I put work into my pokemon... SO STOP GIVING PEOPLE LIKE ME A BAD NAME!! I'M NOT LAZY! I SPENT MANY MONTHS TRAINING MY TEAM! SO I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME PUNK STAND THERE AND MAKE FUN OF IT!! NOT ALL UBER TRAINERS ARE BAD! NOT ALL UBERS ARE BAD! I bet you're just scared of ubers and there trainers cause you know you'll lose!:shocked: You don't like ubers, that's great, but I really do put alot of work into my pokemon... SO STOP SAYING NEGITIVE STUFF ABOUT IT!:t383:
    Anger issues much? Well, not to insult, but, I don't like Uber Trainers. I don't care if you raised them from eggs, Lv.1, Lv.5, hell, I don't care if it was Lv.0. The fact that you use Pokemon that have godly BASEstats is cheap.

-Xerion

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Ok, I had a short temper and a headache that night! Not my fault people get me ticked. Anyway, what's the point of saying they're unfair if ANY pokemon can beat an uber if it's trained properly?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    Fair

Ubers a some what rigged. A good system would be like in mystery dungeon, ubers take up additional spaces in your party. If we get rid of ubers now, people will take it too far and we'll have tournies that only allow caterpies and bidoofs.

Back