• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

legends that bug me

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
Years
A few things that deserve explanation

If legends are so one-of-a-kind, why was lugia seen with its child?
Should'nt the game allow only one of every legendary to avoid excess?
How come the same legends are found in the same place (e.g. mystery dungeon)
If arceus is the creator of the pokemon, where does mew fit in?

Years
1. Because anime canon =/= game canon.
2. You mean one of any legendary in the whole world? That'd just restrict the choices of those who weren't to receive one of the fourteen DPP legendaries.
3. That's Mystery Dungeon, which is separate from DPP.
4. Mew fits in where it always did, as the Pokemon to have the DNA of all the other 492. It was created by Arceus. Why is that so hard to understand for some people? (Not aimed at you in particular - no offence intended.)

AceTrainerNicole

マニアがあること? ??慢している
Years
Mew's the ancestor to all Pokemon. And I saw that thing in your sig in Sonic X lol. It feeds on Chaos Emeralds xD Aren't I cool

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
thanks, though I still think its wierd about mew cause a pokedex entrry describes it is the cretorn of pokemo

Mew was never described as the creator:
Arceus=Alpha. Alpha=First
Mew=Ancestor. Ancestor=Distant relative.

As already said, you cannot mix the anime and games, there are too many contradictions. Besides, in the majority of cases it is not stated that they are one of a kind, they are just unobtainable.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
Creator of all pokemon=/=Ancestor.

Actually, the creator, Arceus, made mew who was the original ancestor/spawn of all pokemon; this would technically mean Arceus WAS the creator of all pokemon, since he made their origin.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Arceus is a god figure, Mew is an Adam/Eve figure,

Pretty much. I wrote the following article a few months back:

First came arceus
Arceus made D&P who made time and space, therefore the universe (Just a lump of dark matter at the current time)
Now Arceus had something to shove planets and stars and stuff into
Onto these planets he put more pokemon to regulate and shape them, in the case of earth;
Kyogre and groudon to form seas and landmasses
Regigigas to pull the continents into shape
The 3 Dogs to regulate fire water and thunder, and so on with all the aspects of the
planet.
At this point arceus would have either gone off and populated other planets (Dependin on if he did earth first, last or whatever) or gone to sleep up at spear pillar. Alternatively he may have created these pokes from himself, therefore stripping him of lots of power, (reducing him from a god to merely godley) so he went to sleep at spear pillar to regenerate until he was strong enough to populate the next planet along.
Now for the less concrete theories
As for the more mundane pokemon, this is the evolution bit. The world was populated by mew, a whole species of them. Since mewtwo was reated from a fossil this reinforces that not only were there multiple mews, but they were existant in prehistoric time. This would also explain why it contains every piece of dna, because all pokes originated from them. Some mews lived in the sea, and evolved into water types. Others lived indesert and evolved into the grounds. Mews slowly died out apart from the one that is left, who has sustained by living in the forest of the sevii island he is found on.

Now, to explain why there is only one left. Mew is like a stem cell, all other pokemon formed from him. This would require its biomolecular make-up to be close to perfect, so its body would be so efficient cells would be replicated as soon as they were destroyed, therefore mew would not age. the only way mew would die is of starvation, or by being eaten (Perfect cells leaves no room for mutation or disease). Some mews were herbivores, but those i the sparce deserts would be carnivores. If they migrated out of the deserts, they would see other veggie mews and eat them. This surviving mew had settled on an island in the sea (The sevii one), and because it is alone mew would eat little, and because it is surrounded by water the land would be fertile and mew would have an 'everlasting' food source, therefore allowing this mew to survive until 'present day'

So while this one merrily sat around and ate, the rest of the world was affected by darwin; Evolve or die. After millions of years any pokemon recognisable as mew had gone, leaving the one we play hide and seek with.

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
Years
There's some confusion, cause arceus created the pixie squad and the three universe guys so that means mew did not create ALL pokemon
EDIT:the above pretty much clears it all

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Take it into context. The description of mew having all dna was writen before the discovery of the majority of legends. Also note how I said how the legends were created before mew, hence putting them out of the equation anyway.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
^I agree with almost all of that except for a few points.

-I think Mew was the first pokemon created even before D&P if we go under the assumption that all pokemon (not counting Arceus) came from it. However, if we say all pokemon from earth, well then, that's a different story.

-Also my next point would be that Mew's population also began to develop into dittos, the slimy powerless version of Mew with the ability to replicate any other pokemon.

But other than that, great theory!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
^I agree with almost all of that except for a few points.

-I think Mew was the first pokemon created even before D&P if we go under the assumption that all pokemon (not counting Arceus) came from it. However, if we say all pokemon from earth, well then, that's a different story.

-Also my next point would be that Mew's population also began to develop into dittos, the slimy powerless version of Mew with the ability to replicate any other pokemon.

But other than that, great theory!

Thankyou very much ;)
My point about all dna is answered in my above post. Since this was writen when i was more immature (It was written over half a year ago) there are flaws whih im am planning to retify, one of which was how i said "mew has all poke's dna"
Ditto's one of those strange pokes. I like to think of it as an uber-chameleon, blending into the same poke as those which are predators as to avoid being eaten. Since it does this it has no need to evolve further.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
Yea, about the Ditto, I just think it's the closest relative to Mew (Other than MewTwo) because of its unique ability.

About MewTwo, it used a machine to clone pokemon, but I'm sure it understood the mechanics and genetics of cloning.

AceTrainerNicole

マニアがあること? ??慢している
Years
Mewtwo can clone Pokemon because it stole the technology off the scientists who created him. That power isn't limited to him alone.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
^I never said Mew didn't. I just said that Ditto is like the squishy weaker form of Mew. That Ditto was most closely related to Mew.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Anime and Games should NEVER be compared. They contradict each other too much. They are also made by different companies.

Btw mewunlimited, i can confirm that Mewthree (In your sig) is fake. It was on the box of a widely circulated romHack which my brother bought. The game is also named after a type of modelling paint.

Back