• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lenore Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Sumner: Great post! But Damian shouldn't feel bad, as that technically isn't stealing. Did Cranidos have that kids name on it? :) Anyway, King grew to level 13 and learned Slack Off, and Buzz grew to level 18 and learned Detect! And also a bag of Oran berries!

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Post 2 of 4

Huffing and puffing, Aron and I rushed up the stairs. Except, Aron was going much faster than I, bounding from step to step. She reached the top of a staircase in the time it took me to climb five out of the ten steps.

"W-wait up, Aron," I said heavily. Aron waited for me at the top of the steps.

"Air, air," she hissed angrily as she turned toward a door and tried to look for the window. I went over and scooped her up and lifted her up. Gasping, I noticed a trainer knocked to the ground with a Ledyba fainted at his side. Pokeballs were scattered around the room and their was a person standing over him, an angry Pokemon standing at his side.

My Pokedex rang in my pocket two times.

Lenore Region

"Ledya, the Five Star Pokemon. It is so timid, it can't move unless it's in a swarm with others. It conveys its feelings by scent," it said the first time.

Lenore Region

"Dratini, the Dragon Pokemon. It is called the Mirage Pokemon because so little people have seen it. People have however found its shed skin." the Pokedex stated the second time.

"Silly boy," the man laughed. "Your Pokemon will be ours now because of your own deeds. Just a stupid and silly boy doesn't deserve Pokemon." I gritted my teeth together and I heard a growl coming from Aron.

I knew the hunter and boy couldn't hear us so I looked at Aron, "You want to battle him, don't you?" Aron looked at me anxiously and nodded.

I looked back up to the window and noticed the Dratini was wrapping itself around the boy's Ledyba. The bug Pokemon let out a painful cry as the Dratini constricted it.

I dropped Aron quickly and grabbed Wartortle's Pokeball. I pushed the door forward and away from me, storming inside and pointing a finger forward, but I was still holding Wartortle's Pokeball in my other hand.

"Aron, Metal Claw on the Dratini!" I shouted. "Knock it off the Ledyba!" Aron jumped forward, her claws lengthening into sharpened blades. She slashed the slender skin on the Dratini and sent it sprawling away from Ledyba.

I heard the hunter hiss. "Stupid girl!" he snarled. "How dare you meddle in my business! For that, you will pay!" He turned to his Dratini and hissed a command, "Aqua Tail!"

The Dratini jumped forward and I threw Wartortle's Pokeball forward.

"Not so fast!" I shouted as Wartortle materialized in front of Aron. He swung out his arms and smacked away Dratini's oncoming Aqua Tail attack.

"Wartortle!" he shouted.

"Whoa," I heard the boy gasp on the ground.

I turned to him. "Quick, get out of here, kid. I'll hold him off."

The boy narrowed his eyes and his mouth puckered. "No, I want to help!" He grabbed one of the sprawled Pokeballs and chucked it forward. "Go Arrow!"

In a bright flash of light, an orange Pokemon appeared. Its tail seemed to be on fire.

My Pokedex rang in my pocket.

Lenore Region

"Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. The fire on the tip of its tail measures its life. If healthy, the flame burns intensely." it stated.

"Arrow, use Ember," the boy said.

"Wartortle, Water Gun. Aron use Headbutt!" I said.

The Charmander spat out a brightly charred flame while shouting, "Char!" Wartortle took a breath before shooting out a funnel of water. Aron lunged forward and was the first to hit the Dratini. After hitting it, Aron jumped back to avoid both Wartortle's and Charmander's attacks.

"Dra!" the dragon Pokemon shouted painfully as it flew back from the attacks.

"Yes!" the boy shouted.

The Dratini was on the ground, unmoving. The hunter rushed over and scooped it up.

"Might as well give up," I said.

"Hunters don't give up," he hissed before taking a seringe from his pocket and poking Dratini with it. A liquid was injected into Dratini and its figure began to glow. The hunter dropped it and backed up, smiling wickedly.

When the light cleared, an evolved form of Dratini stood there.

Lenore Region

"Dragonair, the Dragon Pokemon. If it takes on an aura, the weather will change instantly. It is said to live in seas and lakes." my Pokedex said as it rang in my pocket.

The Dragonair roared angrily and jumped forward, constricting Aron which was its closest target. The Dragonair squeezed it angrily and Aron howled painfully. Wartortle jumped forward and shot a funnel of water at Dragonair. But when it hit, it didn't seem to do any damage.

"War!" Wartortle shouted angrily as he jumped forward, withdrawing himself into his shell and flying at Dragonair. The Dragonair turned to him and opened its mouth, only to shoot out a bright beam of light. The beam hit Wartortle and knocked him back. He was sprawled on his back and I scooped him up in my arms.

"War, war," he said painfully.

"You'll be alright Wartortle?" I asked and Wartortle slowly nodded, which seemed painful.

The hunter laughed and I looked up, my face a mask of anger and aggression. "Your Pokemon are pathetic weaklings." he said. "You don't deserve to be a trainer either." The hunter turned to the boy and smiled. "Dragonair, use your Hyper Beam on that Charmander."

The Dragonair opened its mouth and once more shot out a beam of bright light. It hit the small Pokemon and made it go flying back, colliding with the Ledyba.

"Arrow! Buggy!" The boy shouted, kneeling down to his Pokemon.

"Finish off that Aron," the hunter commanded.

The Dragonair nodded and squeezed Aron, making her scream in anger.

Wartortle growled in my arms and knocked me away, walking forward on shaking legs.

"W-Wartortle!" I shouted shocked. I raised his Pokeball and shouted, "Return!" But Wartortle quickly jumped out of the way of the transfer beam.

"Haha," the hunter laughed. "It seems that Wartortle thinks you're pathetic and wants to join my team."

But Wartortle jumped forward, withdrawing himself and flying into the hunter's chest.

"Oof!" the hunter said as the wind was knocked from him.

The Dragonair looked to its trainer and dropped Aron. She seemed to be unconscious.

I quickly raised her Pokeball. "Return, Aron!" Dragonair turned back angrily as Aron was transported back into her Pokeball.

Now, Dragonair looked at Wartortle and opened its mouth to release another Hyper Beam.

Wartortle jumped up and over the beam of light, withdrawing himself and colliding into the Dragonair. He rolled back and came out of its shell, but stood on four legs. A growl erupted from his chest as Dragonair got back up.

"WARTORTLE!" he shouted, opening his mouth. I gasped as an icy funnel of water shot out of his mouth and hit the Dragonair dead on in the chest. It froze its form up to its head and made it crash to the ground.

I raised up my Pokedex.

"WARTORTLE has learned ICE BEAM." it stated.

"Wah, how?" I asked myself.

"That was - amazing!" I turned my attention to the boy as he got up. He had already collected his Pokeballs and recalled his other Pokemon. "You took down that hunter's Dragonair! That was amazing!"

"Uh, thanks," I said.

"I'm Devyn, by the way," he said.

"Jess," I said.

Suddenly, the floor shook and a roar came from above us.

"What was that?!" Devyn asked.

Wartortle quickly grabbed my leg. "I d-don't know," I said. I looked at him. "Devyn, go get help. I'm going to check it out and I know I won't be able to hold it all alone."

Devyn nodded and ran down the stair while I climbed up the stairs. I kept the hunter and his Dragonair in the other room and raised up the stairs with Wartortle at my side.

I wonder what that sound was. It sounded powerful and almost legendary...

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Royal: Great battle! Wartortle has grown to level 18 and learned Ice Beam! Congrat's, Aron has grown to level 20!

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter Six: Part IV

Renka picked up her Pokeball.

"That was a close one," she murmured. "I better keep all of you guys outside from now on."

She tossed all of her Pokeballs into the air. A series of popping sounds filled the air as flashes of red lit up the rocky scenery. Skorupi, Hoppip, Spheal and Phanpy appeared in the midst of the light, squealing and screeching eagerly.

"Okay guys, you know what?" Renka prompted. "We're going to do some training. Meaning, we're going to do a battle royale."

The Pokemon glanced at each other confusedly. Phanpy accidentally whacked Spheal on the head with its trump.

"You guys are going to fight each other," Renka explained. "all at the same time. I won't be helping you, so you're going to have to manage by yourselves, got it?"

Skorupi flexed its claws in response. Hoppip rocked itself back and forth, ready to start. Spheal blinked, then flopped around with its flippers, not quite understanding what its trainer had just said. Mareep was still in a corner, peacefully grazing, with no intention of fighting. Phanpy was most enthusiastic of all, rolling around, raring to go.

"Okay," Renka said, satisfied. "Start."

Phanpy rolled into the air, falling harshly onto the rock where Skorupi was standing a second ago. The scorpion Pokemon hissed, firing several poisonous stings at the small elephant. They shattered easily on contact with Phanpy's hard skin, not even leaving a scratch. Spheal opened its mouth and playfully shot out a beam of cold water, spraying Phanpy. The Water Gun sent Phanpy flying, crashing into the rock wall. Hoppip used Confusion, raising the sharp, rock splinters into the air, and shot them all out at the others. Skorupi screeched, hopping backwards, raising its tail and shooting out several poison particles to counter the attack. Phanpy curled up into a tight ball, hardening its defenses, though it still winced slightly as the needle-sharp splinters hit it. Spheal, however, got hit directly and, annoyed, shot out a blast of snow and ice, slamming into Skorupi. The scorpion hissed angrily, shooting out two large needles. The Pin Misssile spiraled in the air, aiming Spheal. The latter yelped, rolling away, a la Phanpy. The Pin Missile followed it, and, by accident, hit Mareep, who happened to still be grazing nearby. The small sheep, surprised, sent out a powerful shock of electricity, unintentionally electrocuting all the others. Hoppip floated around, dizzy. It collided into Skorupi with a slight Tackle. Skorupi, annoyed, pushed Hoppip off, firing another Pin Missile at it. The attack hit Hoppip with full force, knocking it out. However, Skorupi, distracted by this, did not see Phanpy come at it with a Take Down. Skorupi flew into Mareeep, who, now fed up with being attacked, electrocuted it, knocking it unconscious.

"So now it's just Spheal, Mareep and Phanpy," Renka commented. "Well, this is going to be interesting."

Mareep sent a few sparks towards Phanpy and Spheal. They bounced right off Phanpy, but Spheal was caught. It got shocked by the large amount of electricity, nearly falling unconscious. Fortunately (…well…maybe not), Phanpy smacked it lightly on the head, which brought it back to its senses. Spheal, dazed, released an Ice Ball, which involuntarily fell on Phanpy's head with a clunk. The small elephant, wobbly, fell over Mareep. The sheep growled, irritated, slamming its body hard into Phanpy's. The Body Slam sent it crashing towards Spheal, who, clueless, fired another, larger Ice Ball. It knocked Phanpy out.

"Well, that was weird," Renka muttered. "How the heck did soft little Mareep survive all that, anyway?"

Perhaps Mareep was not so soft after all. Its pelt crackled with electricity as it charged furiously towards Spheal. The latter, surprised, accidentally fired out yet another Ice Ball. Mareep ignored it, shattering it into pieces with another blast of electricity. It rammed itself into Spheal with a Body Slam. Spheal whined, flapping its flippers as it bounced up and down on the rock. Mareep, still fuming, shocked it again and again with a dozen bolts of thunder. Finally, Spheal gave up, falling unconscious.

"Wow…that was unexpected," Renka said, returning her bunch of unconscious Pokemon back to their Pokeballs. Mareep, triumphant, trotted daintily to another clump of dry grass and started grazing again. Renka sighed. "Well, I guess sheep are sheep. Now, Mareep, will you please stop and return to your Pokeball?"

Mareep shot her an aggravated look. Renka raised her eyebrows. Since when did sheep stand up to me?

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Post 3 of 4

Finally, Wartortle and I emerged on the top floor and we were amazed at what we saw. Another hunter was in there but wasn't turned in our direction. He was staring and laughing at a giant Pokemon trapped under a net. I recongized it as the legendary Sky High Pokemon Rayquaza!

"Rayquaza," the hunter laughed. "You were weaker than I thought. For that, you were captured by me and will be commanded by me."

But Rayquaza wasn't looking at the hunter, it was looking at me with a look on its face that made me want to rescue him. The hunter followed its gaze and saw me.

"Howed you get in here?" he hissed at me. "If those subordinates let you up, they're puppy chow!"

I took a Pokeball off my belt. "I defeated those hunters," I told him. "They were weak and deserved to lose! So do you!" I threw my Pokeball forward, and my pink Heracross materialized on the ground. Wartortle hopped forward next to Heracross and faced the hunter.

"Haha," the hunter laughed, taking out a Pokeball. "You have very pathetic Pokemon! It's time to show you a real Pokemon!" He threw the Pokeball forward and in a flash of light, a light brown Pokemon with green and silver wings appeared.

Lenore Region

"Vibrava, the Vibration Pokemon. It violently shudders it wings, emitting ultrasonic waves to induce headaches in people." my Pokedex stated in my pocket.

"Vibrava, use Giga Drain on that Wartortle and Dragonbreath on that Heracross!" the hunter shouted.

The Vibrava flew forward and its body started to glow a bright green.

"War!" I heard Wartortle screech painfully. I turned to him and noticed he was glowing bright green as well. Wartortle fell to his stomach, grimacing painfully as the Vibrava sapped away his health.

The Vibrava then turned and opened its mouth, shooting a grey-green beam of fire at Heracross.

"Hera!" Heracross cried as the Dragonbreath attack hit him.

"Heracross! Wartortle!" I shouted.

My Pokemon painfully got to their feet.

"Heracross, use Aerial Ace, quick! Wartortle, follow it with Ice Beam!" I commanded.

Heracross spread his wings and quickly flew up, hitting the Vibrava with its wings. The dragon Pokemon flew back.

Wartortle quickly opened his mouth and shot out a beam of ice at the Vibrava and it hit it straight on. The Vibrava's body froze, but it quickly opened its mouth and melted the ice with a Dragonbreath attack.

I gritted my teeth. This Pokemon was strong. Then, I got an idea.

"Wartortle, shoot an Ice Beam at the hunter!" I said. Wartortle nodded and shot out an icy funnel of water.

The hunter gasped and jumped out of the way.

I smiled quickly as the ice hit part of the net holding down Rayquaza. The ice froze over it and it cracked.

"No!" the hunter shouted as Rayquaza hit it. The ice flew off with one of the holds. But, Rayquaza was still held down.

The hunter laughed and turned back to me. "Nice try, but it won't work again! Vibrava, use Double-Powered Dragonbreath!"

The Vibrava opened its mouth again, but this time, the Dragonbreath attack was much stronger! It flew out and hit both Wartortle and Heracross.

They skitted to my feet, bruised and aching.

"Haha," the hunter laughed. "Your Pokemon are weak! You don't deserve them."

I gritted my teeth and helped Wartortle and Heracross. I looked up to the hunter as I raised another Pokeball. "You may think that, but you haven't seen my strongest Pokemon!" Throwing out my Pokeball, Aron materialized in front of the Vibrava.

The hunter threw his head back and laughed. "An Aron?!" he chuckled. "Pathetic! Vibrava, Dragonbreath!"

The Vibrava opened its mouth and shot out a green fire. When it hit Aron however, it didn't do much damage.

"What?!" the hunter said shocked.

"You don't know about Steel and Rock Pokemon, do you?" I asked. "They're hardly effected by Dragon moves and your Vibrava is no different! Wartortle and Heracross, now!"

The hunter spun around and shouted angrily as Wartortle and Heracross started detaching the holds on Rayquaza. Then, the legendary Pokemon broke free from its containment and blasted a long beam of light at the Vibrava. Aron jumped up as the Vibrava landed right where she stood.

"No!" the hunter shouted, recalling his Vibrava. He looked at Rayquaza fearfully, then back at me. "You will pay!" he said before running out of the building. I scooped up Aron in my arms and Wartortle and Heracross rushed to my side.

"Rayquaza-"

The Pokemon suddenly let out a loud roar and looked at me through angered eyes. I wondered what it would do now!

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Chapter VII: St. Neiteio, Slayer of Dragons!

More comfortable now that he wouldn't have to rely completely on Vaporeon for protection, Neiteio reached the end of the valley by nightfall. Along the way, he noticed that the closer he got to the town, the fewer wild Pokemon there were. This was a sharp contrast to Maple City, where bug and bird-Pokemon were seen everywhere.

The town was completely silent and dark. There were no lights in the houses, no streetlights, nothing. It was only by starlight alone that Neiteio caught the sillhouette of the tower he first noticed on Route 2. The strong glow of the hologram PokeBall which marked the roof of the Pokemon Center stood out against the black, and Neiteio aimed for it. As he walked, however, he felt uneasy, and kept a hand on his knife. There was something unsettling in the air, threatening almost.

Neiteio made it to the Center without incident, and after leaving his three PokeBalls on the Chansey's tray, he found an available chair to fall asleep in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ground shook violently, throwing Neiteio out of his seat. Clutching his head, he saw that it was early morning and that the other Trainers were also abruptly awakened by the sudden tremor. The buzzing excitement in the room slowly grew until the Trainer's Corner was a shouting mob.

"Damn... I'll never get a full sleep..."

Neiteio slowly made his way to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth, and then squeezed his way over to the front desk to check up on the Pokemon he had dropped off the night before. Using his age to his advantage, Neiteio easily muscled his way to the front of the mob. As he advanced, he heard Nurse Joy telling the Trainers that the source of the disturbance was the "Tower", and ordering them to investigate. After a few minutes of sorting, Neiteio got his Pokemon and left the building.

The glare from the rising sun hit him directly in the eyes and he was forced to lower his brazing goggles. Through the green tint, Neiteio saw one or two Trainers heading for the Tower, but most of the Trainers who exited the Center seemed to quickly lose interest as soon as they made contact with the sunlight.

Neiteio was angry. He would find whatever was making the earthquakes and stop it. No, he'd beat the hell out of it.

"Hey!"

An unfortunately familiar face was heading toward him at a high velocity. Shane had also made it to Granite Town, this time sporting flame-patterned jeans and an equally fiery bandanna.

"So they're saying that these earthquakes are coming from the tower. You heading that way?"

Neiteio was already miserable from having been woken up so early, and that was compounded by the face that he had just been found by someone who recognized him. He answered the question with a monotonous "yes".

"Alright then, when we get there we can split up. Two people cover more ground than one, you know!" With that, Shane jogged off toward the Tower.

Pushing that interruption out of his mind, Neiteio remembered that he was supposed to transfer Vaporeon back to Maple City... but with the strange events surrounding the Tower, he would need all the backup he could get. He decided to keep Vaporeon until after the matter had been thoroughly investigated.

The Granite Town Tower was an impressive piece of architecture. The metallic blue-green surface looked like seawater, and it was so out of place in the dull gray town that it may as well have been dropped from the sky.

As he neared the entrance, Neiteio opened the three PokeBalls the nurse had given him.

"Listen up. The Nurse said that the earthquakes are coming from that tower over there. We're going to look around to see if we can find out what's going on." Focusing on Vaporeon and Goliath, he added, "The building looks old, and there are no windows, so there's probably almost no light inside. Baltoy should have no problem getting around in the dark, so it can lead us around."

Two of the three nodded in understanding, as Baltoy just bobbed up and down in the air.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Neiko Star: Pretty amusing post. Great job, Skorupi grew to level 16, Hoppip grew to level 11, Mareep grew to level 12, Spheal grew to level 14 and Phanpy grew to level 17!

Royal!:: Dun dun dun! What you do next will detremine the outcome of your future, but I won't grade it until absolutely everyone has done it. Anyway, congrat's, Heracross grew to level 17, Wartortle grew to level 20 and Aron grew to level 21!

Neiteio: Good post, you may continue!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    "Rayquaza, please!" I shouted to him as I dropped on my back by the sudden vibration of the ground. "We helped rescue you! Please, don't mistaken us as hunters!"

"War, war!" Wartortle shouted at Rayquaza, trying to also help me up.

Rayquaza roared and slashed its tail forward, knocking Wartortle away from me. My head spun to Wartortle as he skitted across the ground. He wasn't getting up.

I turned back to Rayquaza. "Rayquaza, please!" I said beggingly. "I just want to help you! Won't you allow that?"

Rayquaza nodded toward Aron, Heracross, and Wartortle angrily.

My eyes widened. "Are you threatened by them?" I asked. Rayquaza didn't answer.

I sighed and took out my Pokemon's three Pokeballs, returning them. I said thank you to the Pokeballs, then put them into my bag.

I lifted up my hands, palms out as I got up off the crumpling ground. Rayquaza laid his tail in front of me where bruised skin and iced up metal lay.

I took out my Pokedex and Rayquaza suddenly snarled.

"Whoa, whoa," I said lifting the Pokedex. "It's alright. This device will just tell me how much you're hurt and if I can help."

Rayquaza seemed to calm down quickly as I told him this, but watched me with curious and threatening eyes as the Pokedex scanned his tail.

"0.25 of total health left," the Pokedex stated.

"Oh, not good," I said, putting my Pokedex away. "I know you're weak against Ice and Dragon attacks so the hunters' Pokemon must have done a lot to you."

I pulled my backpack off my back and placed it next to his tail. I retrieved a few medication plants, potions, and other supplies I bought in the last town. I pushed some herbs, berries, and edible remedies forward to his head.

"Eat these, Rayquaza," I instructed. "It'll help get your health back."

Rayquaza just looked at the food quickly before stabbing them on one of his claws and placing it in his mouth.

I smiled. "Good," I said. "Now, this might sting. This antidote can heal your ice wounds. Then, I can start working on your bruises."

I placed the remedy on his tail and I heard Rayquaza hiss painfully as it took effect. He seemed to growl at me.

"Rayquaza, the pain means it's working," I stated.

When the ice was gone, Rayquaza just blinked and watched me work on his bruises. I sprayed him with over ten potions and the bruises still weren't gone. I sighed as I finally used the last of my antidotes, remedies, and potions. I had nothing left except empty Pokeballs.

I rolled them out for him to see.

He growled at me.

"Rayquaza, I tried to heal you. I got rid of the ice wounds and helped you regain some of your health, but the only way for me to help you regain it all is for me to capture you and bring you to a Pokemon Center."

Rayquaza roared angrily.

"Rayquaza, I wouldn't be doing this if it was for my own wishes," I said, hands up and palms up. "I just want to help you. I'll release you back to the wild once you're fully healed. I want to see you good and free, not to be captured by vicious hunters again. That will happen if I don't heal you all the way."

Rayquaza lowered his head and puffed a noseful of air at me.

"Please, Rayquaza?" I asked. "You'll be safe with me. The hunters will be unaware of your presence. I'm sure of it."

Rayquaza nodded and flew up and around. He roared lightly and flew a puff of smoke.

My eyes narrowed. "You want a fair battle?"

Rayquaza nodded.

"Okay," I said, taking a few steps back so there was a large amount of space for Rayquaza and my Pokemon to battle. I took out a Pokeball and threw it out.

Aron materialized in front of me and when she saw Rayquaza, she looked at me with a scared look on her face.

"It's okay Aron," I said warmly. Aron nodded and walked out.

Rayquaza roared and whipped its tail forward.

"Aron, jump up!" I shouted. Aron jumped up, but got knocked aside quickly by Rayquaza's tail.

I grimaced as Aron hit the crumpling wall. Aron got to her feet achingly and jumped forward at Rayquaza. He roared and whipped his tail at Aron, but this time she was ready - she grabbed hold of his tail and her claws sharpened into glowing talons.

She furiously slashed at Rayquaza's tail. Rayquaza gave a hiss of pain and lifted his tail, only to slam it into the ground.

"Aron!" I shouted.

But as Rayquaza lifted his tail, I realized she was still on, upside down. Rayquaza lifted up his tail and lowered his head to inspect.

"Jump now!" I shouted. Aron jumped out and quickly landed on Rayquaza's head. He roared shocked and started to thrash his head about.

"Aron, try Metal Claw," I shouted. Aron's claws sharpened into talons and she slashed Rayquaza's head. He roared angrily and threw his head up. Aron was holding on that time and flew up.

Rayquaza saw her little shape, lifted his tail, and slammed it down into her. His tail hit the ground.

"Aron, no!" I shouted. When the cloud of dust cleared, Aron was on the ground, unconscious.

I winced and took out her Pokeball. The red light dematerialized her and transported her safely inside. I lifted the Pokeball to look at it eye level.

"You tried your hardest, Aron. Take a good rest." I said. I placed the Pokeball on my belt and took out Wartortle's. I threw it out.

In a quick flash, my already tired turtle Pokemon stood in front of Rayquaza. He looked at Rayquaza once and then leaped behind my leg, cowering.

I knelt down to him. "It's alright, Wartortle," I soothed. "You have a move advantage over him. Always dodge the attacks he does and don't attack unless I say."

Wartortle gulped and nodded. He walked out to the battlefield.

Rayquaza roared and opened its mouth. Suddenly, a large beam of white light shot out and at Wartortle.

"Dodge it!" I said.

Wartortle jumped to the side quickly but squealed as the beam hit his tail.

The beam hit the ground and it exploded, causing a great big hole in the ground.

"Yikes," I said. Then, I looked back up at the battlefield. Rayquaza was not attacking.

I blinked. "Right! That was a Hyper Beam!" I said. "Wartortle, Ice Beam!"

Wartortle nodded and opened his mouth, shooting out the icy beam of water at Rayquaza's long body. Rayquaza roared as the Ice Beam hit him and froze his midbody solid.

"Now use Water Gun along its entire body," I commanded.

Wartortle opened his mouth and shot out the funnel of water and it hit Rayquaza, making him completely wet. I heard the crack of ice as the ice on his chest spread across his body. Rayquaza looked at Wartortle angrily. Flexing his body, the ice cracked and fell off.

I winced.

Rayquaza roared and threw his tail forward.

"Dodge!" I said.

Wartortle jumped to the side, but Rayquaza was ready - a greenish fire beam shot out of his mouth and struck Wartortle. My turtle Pokemon flew backwards and skidded to my feet. His eyes were close and his breathing was very slow.

I raised his Pokeball. "Okay Wartortle," I said. "Good battle. Return."

After Wartortle was returned, I threw out Heracross's Pokeball.

"You're my last hope, Heracross!"

In a flash, my pink and shiny Heracross appeared.

"Hera!" my Pokemon shouted, determined.

"Aerial Ace," I said.

Heracross nodded and flew forward at top speed toward Rayquaza.

Rayquaza opened his mouth and shot out a beam of green fire. Heracross swerved to the side and swiped along Rayquaza's head with Aerial Ace.

Rayquaza hissed angrily, swatting at Heracross with one of its clawed hands.

"Fury Swipes!" I shouted.

Heracross nodded and slashed along Rayquaza's head.

Rayquaza lifted its hand and finally hit Heracross.

"Hera," my pink Pokemon shouted painfully, swerving to the side.

Rayquaza opened its mouth and shot out a Dragonbreath, and before Heracross could react, he was knocked into the ground by the green fire.

The ground exploded below me and the concrete fell. So did I.

Screaming, I realized I was going to die. I couldn't live up to my grandfather's legacy - I was not strong enough to win - I was not strong enough to even help my own Pokemon.

Suddenly, I felt the wind stop and there was pressure around my gut and legs. I opened my eyes to see one of Rayquaza's hands gripped around me. Heracross flew to me and rubbed my head to see if I was okay.

"I'm fine, Heracross," I assured him.

Rayquaza lowered me to the second floor and Heracross landed. He ran at me and gripped my leg.

"Hera, hera, cro," he said with tears in his eyes. I patted him on the head.

I looked up at Rayquaza.

"Why'd you catch me?" I asked him. "You could have just let me fall."

Rayquaza shook his head and pointed to a Pokeball on the ground.

I looked at him.

"You want me to catch you?" I asked.

A smile crept across his face.

Just try, I heard inside my head say. I recognized it as Rayquaza. If I come out, you fight me again.

I smiled and bent down to grab the Pokeball.

Taking in a breath, I threw the Pokeball forward. It hit Rayquaza's tail and his body started to dematerialize. He was transported into the Pokeball and it began to shake…

The Scientist

Years
    Chapter VII: St. Neiteio, Slayer of Dragons! Part 2

The interior of the tower was not what Neiteio had expected. Instead of being an open area, each floor of the tower was like a ring, the opening in the middle being an aperture that extended up to the roof. The interior wall was lined with frosted glass, which allowed the sunlight from the aperture to illuminate the green stone interior.

Architecture of this nature was highly unusual. It was almost secretive, in that the designers didn't want anyone on the outside knowing what was happening on the inside.

As he slowly circled the ground floor, he noticed that the building was designed to be perfectly symmetrical, with a stairwell on both the north and south walls. Satisfied with his ground floor inspection, he prepared to ascend the nearest staircase when a screeching roar ripped through the tower. A few panes of glass shattered, and Neiteio took the opportunity to peek through the previously-enclosed aperture. He couldn't quite make out what was at the top, but he did spot a few silhouettes bustling about on the upper floors. The shuffling of feet above him meant that one of those figures was on the second or third floor.

Neiteio could feel that these people were up to no good, and he wanted to ascend the tower without attracting any attention, but it was impossible. If he couldn't sneak through, maybe deception would work.

As he went up the staircase, he told Vaporeon, Baltoy, and Goliath to wait on the landing until he called for them. Now, it was acting time.

Neiteio saw a burly bald-headed guy doing some sort of patrol on the second floor. Knowing that in a situation like this, it was better to spot than be spotted, Neiteio boldly called out to him.

"Oy!"

The Cue Ball whipped around, hand on a PokeBall. When he saw that it wasn't a young Trainer, he relaxed a bit and slowly advanced.

"Yeah, who're you?"

As he came closer, Neiteio's mind began analyzing every detail about the man, from his heavy musculature to his speech inflections to his Gyarados-print leather jacket. His conclusion: a roving gang was terrorizing the tower.

"You don't know yet? I'm called 'Ninja'."

Cue Ball raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "Ninja? You serious?"

"Yeah, Boss said that I'd need a new name." He pulled out his knife and twirled it about for emphasis. "He said I remind him of a ninja, so he'd call me 'Ninja'."

The Cue Ball seemed suspicious, but Neiteio's confidence and references to "the Boss" made him seem... somewhat more credible. However, the fact remained that there was an unfamiliar person on his floor during his watch... and the last thing he wanted was to get on the Boss's bad side again. He sized up this 'ninja' before continuing.

"Ya know, ya don't look that tough... How long you been a hunter?"

Quick mental flash: "he's beginning to doubt my credibility."
    Note #4: "They're hunters, not a gang."

"Not very long... and yeah, I'm not as strong as the rest of you guys, but I'm pretty good with battling."

This piqued his interest. "I don't know who you are, Ninja, but let's see just how good you really are." With that, he tossed his PokeBall on the floor.

The plasma took the form of a baby dragon Pokemon, which growled "Bagon!" when it had fully materialized. Neiteio noted that the Bagon was very similar to its trainer in both facial appearance and demeanor.

"Alright then, Baltoy, come out here."

Baltoy rose ominously out of the stairwell and levitated over to Neiteio Ninja's side.

The Cue Ball laughed. "You don't even have your own dragon yet? What a loser! Bagon, start with a Headbutt!" The Bagon's hardened crown flashed as it lowered its head and began running along the ground.

Since Baltoy was floating in the air, Bagon would have to jump in order to connect. Remembering how versatile Baltoy's Confusion was, he waited until the Bagon had jumped before psychically stopping it in midair. With a faint twirl, Baltoy flung the little dragon down the stone hallway.

In order to boost his credibility, he would have to be ruthless in battle. That would mean not giving the opponent a chance to fight back. "Charge a Psybeam and get a lock on him." Baltoy landed as an aurora-like glow increased around its top spike.

The Cue Ball had no intention of letting this... new... recruit damage his reputation. "Dragon Claw go!" Bagon had already recovered from his ricochet, and began tearing down the hallway, short claws ablaze with a yellow flame.

Baltoy fired the Psybeam, but Bagon had already picked up enough momentum to break through the energy waves and connect with its burning claws. As Baltoy tried to psionically steady itself, Bagon followed up its attack with a rippling blue pulse fired from its mouth. Baltoy was sent skidding across the floor, but with its stone body and lack of expressions, it was difficult to tell how much damage it had suffered.

Bagon continued the combo by inhaling deeply and spitting a cone of Embers. Thanks to the inhalation time, Baltoy was able to deflect the attack with a Rapid Spin.

Neiteio used this momentary pause to issue his next command: "Confusion and Rock Throw." He knew that with its ability to read minds, Baltoy would understand what he meant.

With a slight crack, Baltoy began pulling stones out of the floor and whirling them about with Confusion. Bagon tried to fire Water Pulses and Embers into the vortex, but the spinning rocks shielded Baltoy quite well. After the rock shards had picked up enough velocity, Baltoy began releasing them one by one. The result was a brutal bullet-storm that left Bagon unconscious and severely injured.

The ground shook slightly as the beast at the top of the tower growled angrily.

"Goliath, Vaporeon, let's go." Neiteio's other two Pokemon came out of hiding and joined him as he walked past the stunned Cue Ball.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Neiteio: Great battle! Baltoy grew to level 18! Oh, and don't forget that somewhere, maybe the next chapter, you will have to return Vaporeon or do what you originally planned and steal it, but make it good. :) Can't wait for the rest.

All of you! Startupdating, or I'm gonna start kicking people. :(

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    After the tremors finally stopped, Liam glanced at Misa with a confused expression, while Tory unwrapped Bell from its vines and made its way back over to its trainer "What…What was that?" Liam recalled Tory and Terry before answering Misa "An earthquake obviously" Misa frowned in response "I know that genius, but what caused it and where the heck did that tower come from" she asked pointing to the tower.

"Maybe the earthquake unveiled at hidden city that was buried in that area…. But I haven't heard any legends like that, so the sudden appearance of the tower is a bit odd" Liam murmured "We should go check it out" Amisa suggested and Liam gave her a skeptic look "Are you crazy? Don't you feel the nasty vibes coming from that place, my common sense is telling me to stay clear!"

"But… but what if its something important, what if that earthquake meant something?"

"Then you go, but I'm staying at the Center where its safe" Misa pouted "Fine! I'll go" Liam nodded and waved her off "Good luck with that, if you come back alive, I'd like to continue our battle!" Misa grumbled sulkily to herself while Bell followed behind with a worried expression "Oh I'll give you a battle alright."

It took them quite a while to make it through the city and avoid the cops that were patrolling that area and blocking off the streets that lead to the tower "Something big is going down in that tower and I wanna find out what it is" there was a large crowd gathering around the area, where the tower was and police were there trying to hold them off "Hey mister… what's going on, why was there an earthquake and why are all these people out here?" Misa asked a nearby person in the crowd.

"Didn't you hear kid?" the man asked, glancing briefly at her before pushing with the crowd, so they could get past "There are some hunters in the tower, trying to hurt Rayquaza" Misa blinked "Ray…quaza? What's a Rayquaza?" the man looked at her like she had just spoken in some ancient language "He's a legendary Dragon-type Pokémon, real powerful, he sometimes sleeps in this tower, to regain his strength before he flies back to the sky to do uhhh legendary stuff" Misa nodded "Okay, now what's this about some hunters?" she asked "Some evil hunters stormed the tower and are trying to catch Rayquaza and we think he was the one who cause the Earthquake" Misa hmm'd to herself before nodding thoughtfully "I see… thanks a lot for the information mister" she then ran off, with Bell in tow.

"Ash! I need your help"

There was a musical snap and Ash's Pokéball popped open "Pinecooo!" the Pineco bounced around happily as Misa squatted down to his eye-level "Calm down Ash, I need you to listen up, cause I've got a plan that's gonna get us inside that tower" she told the golden bug, who blinked and followed her finger, glancing up at the tall tower "Cooo" he murmured in awe.

"Cool isn't it" Ash nodded and looked back to Misa and Bell sidled over as well, when the girl motioned for her to come closer "Alright you two, now listen up… I've got a plan" she whispered leaning in close, whispering her plan to them.

"Officer! Officer! I need your help!"

Misa ran up to the two police officers guarding the east entrance to the tower, seeing as how most of the people were trying to get in through the front, Misa had managed to find an alternate way in, but it was being guarded by two police. "Officer please!" Misa stopped in front of the two men, tears streaming down her face as sobs racked her body.

"What's wrong kid… you okay?"

"Ash and Bell" she hiccuped "My Pineco and Bellsprout, their in the tower! Bell and Ash got scared when the earthquake hit a-an-and they ran away from m-muh-me, I… I tried to get them back, but the other police were really m-muh-mean and rude and they told me it was off limits and I… I couldn't go in" she sniffed. The officer on the right felt somewhat sympathetic "I'm sorry to hear that ma'am, but this tower is off-limits, so we can't let you pass" he murmured sadly.

"B-but… Ash a-and Bell!" she began to protest before pausing and letting out a choked sob "Their my Pokémon..." she mumbled, ducking her head allowing her hair to cover her face much like a curtain "My dad got Ash for me when I was little, he's a real special Pineco too, he's a shiny Pineco and Daddy paid alot to get him for me" she told them in a snippy tone as she looked back up at the officers with narrowed teary eyes "And Bell was my first capture, they both mean an awful lot to me officers..." Her finger's clenched tightly as she glared at the two officers, who froze at the harshness of her glare "And I demand you get my Pokémon back right now! Or so help me I'll scream so loud that people in Kanto will hear it!" The one good thing about being a spoiled brat for the first half of her life was having the lung capacity of a Loudred.

The officer on the right scowled lightly and mumbled "Alright, I'll go find your Pokémon, but stay right here with my partner" Misa nodded and quickly shut off her waterworks and thanked the officer with a wide grin "Thank you!" the cop stalked off grumbling to himself, something about spoiled brats and rich kids. It didn't take the officer long to find Bell and Ash, who were waiting for the man near the front of the tower, Bell stood there boredly while Ash was bouncing up and down eagerly awaiting rescue "Pineco! Pineco!" he bounced into the officer's arms and the man blinked before glancing at Bell, who shuffled along beside him.

"I found your Pokémon... it was weird though, they just stood there as though they knew I was coming to get them"

Misa glanced at Ash, who was bouncing up and down happily in the officer's arms, while Bell disappeared from sight "Co Co Coooo" Ash continued to bounce in the man's arms "C'mon Ash, I think you've bothered the man long enough" Misa held out her arms for Ash and he bounced from on pair of limbs into the next "Pineco!" he smiled widely and began to glow "Cooooooooo. Pineco!" There was a loud boom and a plume of smoke surrounded Misa briefly, who coughed and sighed as the smoke eventually cleared, while the officer's gave her worried looks "You alright ma'am?" Misa nodded "Yeah, Ash always does this when he's happy" she backed away slightly when she noticed a few white dust particles floating down "Well, I should get going.. thanks for finding Ash and Bell for me!"

The officer's blinked slowly and nodded before their eyes drooped, suddenly beginning to feel sleepy, it was then both men fell to the ground, succumbing to the sleep spores from Bell's Sleep Powder "Good job Bell!" Bell nodded and saluted Misa, she was standing behind the zonked out police a sly grin on her bell-shaped face "Bellsprout" After stepping over the sleeping guards, they quickly ran inside the Tower and Misa spoke up "You guys know what I just realized" she asked Ash and Bell, who glanced at her while they continued surveying the first floor, they were in a large empty square room, it was a stately silver, bordering on a dusky blueish gray in color and looked about as big as the living room in of of her parent's vacation cottage's and those things were huge, then there was a large staircase that was in front of them, that spiraled upwards, to what she guessed was the second floor.

"I realized, that we could've just used Bell's Sleep Powder Attack from a distance and then ran in here rather than putting on that act" Bell felt a bead of sweat drop down the side of her head and realized, they could've did just that, rather than pulling that obnoxious trick "Bellsprout" she sighed slapping her leaf to her forehead and Misa began to laugh sheepishly while Ash was oblivious to this as he happily sat on Misa's head "Pineco!" Misa glanced around the empty room as the headed towards the spiraling staircase "Odd... I thought the man said there were hunter's in here, but this room is practically empty!"

"Bay Bay!"

"Huh? Uwah!"

That shout was from Misa, who had just peeked her head into the room where the staircase was, yet she quickly pulled it back when a stream of fire shot out towards her face, causing her to pull her head back before her hair or Ash got singed, she fell back on her butt and groaned "What in the world was that" Bell on the other hand stood protectively infront of the fallen Misa, when a black boot came into view. It was one of the Hunter's!

"Huh I thought that since the cops were out there guarding the place, no one would be able to get in" he sneered down and Misa, who glared right back "But I should've known that some nosy brat would manage to get in, kids don't know how to mind their own damn business and there's always that one brat who ignores everything no matter how much security, no matter how many warnings and no matter how bad it gets, they still come to face the bad guys. So kid, I take it your here to beat us and rescue our recent capture?"

"Yeah.Now where's your Pokémon"

"Bagon!" said Pokémon cried out, revealing itself by stepping out from behind the staircase wall. It was a small blue bipedal reptilian Pokémon, that lacked a tail and reminded her some what of a baby dinosaur. Misa Pokedex beeped in her pocket.

Lenore Region

Bagon
    The Rock Head Pokémon
    Bagon harbors a never-ending dream of one day soaring high among the clouds. As if trying to dispel its frustration over its inability to fly, this Pokémon slams its hard head against huge rocks and shatters them into pebbles. Dreaming of one day flying, it practices by leaping off cliffs every day.

"Hmm alright then, I'll fight hard head with hard head! Cubone lets go!" Misa tossed down her Pokeball and Cubone appeared on the field, flipping him bone in the air and catching it, glaring at his opponent "Cubone Bone!"

"Heh, I doubt that wimp would be able to beat Bagon here" the man smirked and Bagon mimicked his trainer while both Misa and Cubone scowled "Cubone! Bone! Bone!" Misa nodded in agreement to whatever Cubone just said "Yeah! Cubone could totally wipe the floor with your Bagon! We scaled dangerous cliffs and fought off a vicious Gligar, so I know Cubone's tough!" she proclaimed, lying through her teeth, causing both Bell and Cubone to sweat drop at her exaggeration. Misa laughed in a sheepish manner before giving a determined glare "Anyway, enough chit-chat! Cubone use Growl!"

Cubone nodded and began to Growl at Bagon, lowering its Attack "Gonnn" Bagon glared at Cubone and charged at him "Ember Bagon!" Bagon opened its mouth and fired several red pellets at Cubone "Duck!" Cubone nodded and crouched low to the ground, causing the embers to fly over his head "Now use Bone Club!"

"Cubooone!" Cubone charged at Bagon with his bone in hand and brought it down harshly on the dragon's skull, though it proved to be ineffective to the Bagon, who just laughed at Cubone's futile attempts to try and crack its harsh skull "Don't you listen kid" the Hunter asked with a smirk "Bagon's head is rock hard, he dives off cliffs and smashes rocks for a living, just so he can fly... so what makes you think your puny Cubone's Bone could crack my Bagon's skull. Headbutt Bagon!" Bagon nodded and rammed his head right into Cubone's face, sending the loner tumbling back "Cuu" he clutched his rattling skull, the Hunter wasn't lieing, that Bagon's skull is hard "Grr" Misa frowned thoughtfully as she watched Cubone get headbutted in the stomach "Okay, so attacks aimed at Bagon's head won't work... we need to find some sort of weak spot"

"Cubone!" Cubone was sent skidding across the floor, landing painfully on his back "Cubone! You alright?" Cubone sat up and nodded slowly, that Bagon was strong, but no problem, he could so take him "Alright Cubone, I want you to use Boneclub again, but this time aim for his stomach, since attack on his head won't work" Cubone nodded and gripped his club tightly before charging at Bagon "Dragon Claw!"

"Bagon!" Bagon's claws began to glow an ominous white and he waited for Cubone to get closer before lashing out at him, scratching Cubone across the torso "Cubone!" he cried out, wincing from the attack "Again!" Bagon wasted no time in following up with several more slashes from Dragon Claw, leaving visible claw marks on Cubone's arms, stomach and torso and he lashed away at the loner's flesh. "Cubone!" Cubone cried out as the claws tore into him "No Cubone!"

"Water Pulse!"

Bagon opened its mouth and a ball of water was created in front of it Bagon then pointed his mouth toward Cubone and released a powerful stream of water aimed at the ground type, who cried out loudly, due to the clear disadvantage it had against water "Cuboneeee!!" Cubone had been pushed back by the force of the water and was standing in the middle of the room, panting heavily and leaning against his bone for support "You alright?" Misa called out worriedly to her Cubone, who gave a weak nod in response "B-Buh-Bone" second's later however, Cubone's eyes then rolled up to the back of his head and he fell back in a dead faint.

"Like I said, your Cubone's a weakling."

Misa scowled and recalled her fallen Cubone "Whatever. Ash get in there." Ash nodded and bounced up and down happily before heading off to battle "Pineco! Pineco Pine Pine!" Bagon sneered at Ash, who was unfazed by the glare "That puny bug won't stand a chance either, remember Bug Pokémon are weak against fire attacks" Misa waved dismissively "No problem, Ash can take those weak ember attacks. Right Ash?" she glanced at her Pineco, who happily bounced up and down in place "Pineco! Pineco! Pineco!"

"Whatever kid. Bagon use Headbutt!"

"Take Down Ash!"

Both Ash and Bagon charged at one another, meeting in the middle of the battlefield and coming to a stalemate as both tried to push the other back "Tch, that probably won't work. Use Ember Bagon!" Bagon nodded and bounced back a few feet away from Pineco before firing off several pellets at the bug "Protect!" Ash quickly summoned a green sphere, that surrounded him and blocked the attacks "Pin Missile Ash!" several spikes on Ash's body began to extend and he then launched them at Bagon, hitting the Rock Head Pokémon squarely in the stomach "Now follow up with Bide!"

"Cooooo" Ash's entire body began to glow white as he was now completely open for attack "Quickly Bagon, use Ember and finish that Pineco off before that bide can finish!"

"Bagon!" Bagon opened its mouth and fired Ember at Ash, putting all he could in the attack "Co.Co.Co" Ash winced every time the embers burned him, while he charged up the Bide "Hang in there Ash!" Bagon continued to pelt Ash with Ember for a couple more minutes before Ash stiffened and then releasing the Bide, which had turned a burning red orange, due to being hit by the constant ember attack. Bide hit Bagon in a stream of light, sending the Rock head Pokémon flying back near the feet of its trainer, knocked out cold. "Goonnn"

"Return Bagon. Looks like you get to pass" the Hunter grumbled recalling his Bagon and stepping aside "Right. C'mon Ash, you too Bell, lets go save Rayquaza!" Bell and Ash nodded as the trio dashed pass the Hunter and ran up the spiraling staircase.

[OOC: Christ this thing is long! I think the length makes up for the wait I had you endure and I'm really sorry about that too Wolf >.<]

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    ShadowYashi: "To do, uh, legend stuff." Lol. That was hilarious, and great post! Congrats, Cubone grew to level 15 and Pineco grew to level 19!

Royal: I already PMed you yur results... so... yea. :)

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    HEAD to HEAD Challenge

Damian let out a sigh of relief as he approached the town and finally reached the Pokemon center. The kind pink haired nurse took his Pokemon and healed them in the large machine behind her. As she went to hand him back his Pokemon the ground shook heavily and the balls fell out of the tray and onto the ground.

"Oh my goodness! How clumsy of me!" She exclaimed reaching down and picking the balls back up, Damian would've done it himself but he couldn't bend over because of his ribs.

"Don't worry about it, thank you very much." Damian said taking the balls back from the woman. She nodded and smiled as he turned and walked for the door. All of a sudden the earth shook again, only this time it was strong enough to knock people off their feet. Damian kept his footing and ran outside to find the disturbance.

He turned and looked up at the tower overshadowing the whole town and saw on top a Pokemon screaming and pulling against the tower causing the ground to convulse. Something fishy was going on and Damian needed to check it out. He began his trek up the large tower hearing the heel of his shoe clicking on each of the stone steps. He finally arrived on the first floor to find a young man with a goatee sitting on the next flight of steps rolling a pokeball through his fingers.

"I was starting to worry no one would ever show up." The man said in a cool voice gripping the ball in his palm.

"Who are you?" Damian asked abruptly.

"Now that's not very polite... But for the sake of friendliness you can call me I... Hunter I." He made first eye contact with Damian. And a toothy grin spread from one cheek to the other.

"What's a Pokemon hunter doing in a place like this?" Damian asked inquisitively.

"Well, you see.. My friends and I came upon this nasty little rumor that a legendary Pokemon known as Rayquaza has been seen around this tower, We were thinking maybe we should get our hands on him before an inexperienced trainer.... such as yourself.... Hurt himself trying to capture it for himself." The man said in his deep calming voice.

"Somehow I doubt your noble intentions... Go Cranidos, let's take this guy out." Damian sent out the fossilized Pokemon for battle.

"I see somebody has some anger issues, well then, lets go Bagon!" He released a small Pokemon whos structure seemed similar to that of Cranidos, Damian aimed is pokedex at it.
    Lenore Region

Bagon
    Although it is small, this Pokémon is very powerful because its body is a bundle of muscles. It launches headbutts with its ironlike sku
    ll.

"Headbutt Cranidos!" Damian yelled and the tiny dino rushed at Bagon.

"You too Bagon!" Said Hunter I and his Pokemon did the same. The two Pokemon collided sending a loud shockwave atward and the two contiinue pushing eachother neither getting or giving an inch. Both looked as though they were struggling.

"Focus Energy Cranidos!" Cranidos began giving off a fiery red aura and he began getting leeway over Bagon pushing him back further, eventually his light pushing turned into full blown charge slamming Bagon into a wall and knocking it breathless.

"Well thats not going to work," The hunter said, "Water Pulse now!" Bagon reared up and realease a steady stream of water that flowed in an odd way towards Cranidos. Cranidos was struck with the water and was slammed against the wall across the room.

"Headbutt twice now Cranido!" It rushed erratically slamming against the other Pokemon and slamming it off the ceiling. Then it jumped up and slammed Bagon off the ceiling again with a second headbutt. "Pursuit now!" Damian yelled and then his Pokemon did a third slam knocking Bagon clear into the stars shattering several bricks and leaving a dark presence in his wake. The hunter pulled out a cigarette.

"Ember and then Dragon Claw Bagon." He said calmly and his Pokemon sent a jet of flames towards Cranidos temproarily blinding and at the same time giving his trainer an oppurtunity to light his cigarette. Then Bagon rushed at Cranidos and bore down his claws onto him trying to knock him out.

"Headbutt now!" Cranidos shot forward through the flames and struck Bagon before the Dragon Claw attack could connect. Bagon was sent to the ground limp.

"Oh well, you win some you lose some." He returned Bagon to its ball and pulled a couple of pellets out of his pocket. "Good luck man, see you around." He tossed the pellets at the ground and a smokescreen emitted. When the smoke cleared Hunter I was gone and Damian was left alone with his Cranidos in the hallway. Damian frowned downward and he and his Pokemon began running up the next set of stairs.

(Sorry it took me forever and sorry it's so short, I had to do this on my parents computer because mine is still bugged up, hopfully it gets fixed soon.)

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Sumner: Its ok about the shortness. I understand how parents are. Anyway, congrats, Cranidos grew to level 15 and learned Take Down!

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    "Alright unnamed Hunter number two, lets battle already, so I can kick your boss' evil legendary capturing butt" Misa demanded, while the Hunter scoffed and rolled his eyes, mumbling about teenagers and not having manners anymore, before he tossed down a Pokéball, causing the Pokémon to erupt from inside it with a flash of light.

"Draaaaa"

The Pokémon that appeared was a serpentine Pokémon that possessed fins on the sides of its head as well as a large, round silver nose on its face. Misa's Pokédex rang loudly in her pocket and she pulled it out, scanning the creature.
    Lenore Region
    Dratini
    Dragon Pokémon
    A Dratini continually molts and sloughs off its old skin. It does so because the life energy within its body steadily builds to reach uncontrollable levels. A Dratini continually molts and sloughs off its old skin. It does so because the life energy within its body steadily builds to reach uncontrollable levels.

"Woah… Its so pretty. Bell your up next, lets takes the lovely Dragon out!" Bell nodded and moved from her spot beside Ash and stepped onto the middle of the field "Okay Bell, start off with Growth!" Bell nodded and her body began to glow green briefly, powering the wiry flower up "Sproooouuutt" she hummed after the booster was finished "That little growth will do nothing against me. Dratini use Dragon Pulse!"

"Tini!"

Dratini lifted its head and fired a greenish pulse of light at Bell, which hit her squarely in the torso, sending the flower flying back "Bellsprout!" she quickly hopped back up and glared at the Dratini "Vine Whip!" Bell's vine quickly shot out, impressing the Dratini with her speed , Bell managed to whip the serpent, catching Dratini on the nose and its underbelly.

"Drrrraaaa" it cried out wincing from the pain, before scowling at Bell, who pulled her vines back and gave a cheeky grin "Bellsprout" the hunter sneered at Bell as well "Grr Thunderwave!"

"Dodge it with Wrap!"

Dratini's body instantly lit up on command as blue negative energy surrounded its entire length "Draaaaa" Bell watched as Dratini's body began to crackle as it channeled the energy to on place, its mouth "Tiniiiiiii" Thunder wave shot out fluidly like a stream towards Bell, who nimbly managed to dodge, by twisting and slithering out of the way "Bellsprout!"

"Dragon Pulse! Then Hyper Beam!"

"Draaa Tini! Tini! Tini! DrrrrraaaaaaTini!!"

Dratini fired off several shots of Dark Pulse, while Bell nimbly managed to dodged them all "Bellsprout" she murmured in relief as she attacks had stopped, but she was a bit too slow in dodging the powerful yellow/orange Hyper Beam, that exploded upon contact and covered the field in a plume of smoke "Bell!" Misa called glancing worriedly through the smokescreen, trying to find her Pokémon.

"Bell!? Are you alright?"

The smokescreen had finally cleared, it did some real damage to the towers floor, leaving a nice crater in floor it also didn't help much, that Bell was inside the crater and looked to be motionless "Bell!" The hunter smirked and Dratini was smug "Looks like your flower lost" Misa shook her head and ignore him "No way! Bell's faced tougher than this!" Bell didn't move and Misa looked worried as she peered into the crater "Bell… get up!"

"Sproouuut"

A muffled groan came from her Bellsprout's Hyper Beam made crater, the flower was slowly rising to her feet, small cuts, scratches and slight burns covering her face "Bellsprout" she glared at Dratini, who smirked right back "Heh an attack like that should've demolished your Bellsprout…" Misa beamed proudly at the Hunter "No way, Bell's way tough, she can soo take puny little Hyper Beams" Bell gulped when she saw Dratini smirk, while its eyes glinted viciously, wishing Misa would shut her yap and stop trying to get her killed "Is that so…"

Misa nodded "Yep. Now Bell try a Stun Spore!"

"Belllllll" Bell's cheeks puffed up as she gathered the powder and seconds later she fired several globs of orange dust aimed at Dratini "Hyper Beam!" Misa hid a smirk as she watched the powerful orange beam cut clean through the globs of dust, nulling the attack "I was hoping you'd do that. Bell quickly, while it charges up! Poison Powder!"

Bell shook her leaves and both watched as a purple powder covered the field, Dratini had accidentally managed to inhale some, causing the toxins to quickly attack her insides, while a purple hue erupted on her nose, signifying it had been poisoned "Tiiiini" it groaned, feeling slightly weak from the attack.

"Now use Vine Whip!"

"Belllll. Sprout! Sprout! Sprout! Sprout!"

With every cry of 'Sprout' Bell lashed at Dratini with her vines, causing the Dragon to wince from the pain "Dragon Pulse!" the Hunter growled and Dratini lifted its head to the ceiling, as it focused all its energy into this attack "Draaaaaaaaaaaaa" Both Bell and Misa's eyes widened at the size of the greenish pulsing ball of energy "That looks like it would hurt a lot if you got hit with something like that… Quick Bell attack Dratini with Vine Whip and make every hit count!"

Bell nodded and quickly brought her vines out, slapping at the Dragon's white underbelly while it continued to charge up its attack. The hunter was trying to make this last attack count, due to the fact that Dratini's health was rapidly diminishing with the effect from Poison Powder "Dratiniiiiiiiiiiiii!" Bell had managed to get several hits in before Dratini shot the large ball, which engulfed Bell's entire being due to the size and caused a massive explosion, that coved the field once again in smoke.

"Bell!"

"Dratini!"

Both sides waited a few minutes until the smoke cleared and when it finally did, the results of the battle shocked Misa, Bell was down for the count, with Dratini not to far from her lying on its side with swirly eyes as well "A Double knock out" Misa murmured softly, watching as the Hunter recalled his Dratini, causing Misa to gulp and do the same "You did a good job Bell, you deserve a nice rest"

"Our Boss is the next person you have to fight" the Hunter said as she and Ash made it to the spiraling staircase "Good luck kid" Misa said nothing but instead grabbed Ash and held him tightly in her arms, while they walked to what seemed to be the biggest battle of this afternoon.

The Scientist

Years
    Chapter VII: St. Neiteio, Slayer of Dragons! Part 3

(For added epic, play this in the background while you read.)

The activity in the tower was increasing, and through the tower's aperture, Neiteio could see that there were at least 10 hunters buzzing around the various floors. If he was caught sneaking around by even one of the hunters, they would likely raise an alarm... Even with his survival knife, the last thing he needed was to be outnumbered by a bunch of thugs.

He took used momentary break to SCAN his Pokemon, and has pleased to see that Goliath had learned a few new attacks since he had last checked. Before advancing to the third floor, Neiteio picked up a few of the rock fragments that had been pulled up by Baltoy's Confusion. After recalling his three Pokemon to their PokeBalls (Pinsir's walking made too much noise), Neiteio flattened himself on the uppermost stairs and peeked up over the top. He waited, listening for echoing footsteps on the stone floor. Although he didn't hear anything, a stationary hunter could easily go unnoticed.

Determining that this arc of the hallway was safe, he swiftly left this post and crouched near the inner wall, below the frosted glass panes. After waiting a bit longer, he took one of the rocks and tossed it down the hall, circling around the opposite direction so that he would be behind whoever went to investigate the noise.

Nothing. Floor 3 clear.

Faint tapping above him indicated that there was at least one hunter on patrol on the fourth floor.

"Are they only on the even-numbered floors?"

Neiteio ascended the staircase on all fours, low enough to slip under any nearby enemies' sight line. As expected, there was a hunter nearby with his back turned, slowly walking around on patrol. Neiteio knew that the noise of a Battle may draw attention, and trying to sneak around may have disastrous results. The conclusion was that the guard needed to be eliminated.

As quickly and quietly as he could, Neiteio stood up and advanced. When he was in range, he delivered a swift kick to the back of the knee and immediately locked his arm around the hunter's neck. Making sure to flash his knife to discourage any struggling, the hunter was unconscious within moments.

He was in the process of dragging the body downstairs when a scrawny hunter, panicked and trying to escape the horrors of the upper floors, ran right into him.

!

He immediately dropped both the body and Goliath's PokeBall, knowing that a battle was unavoidable.

The hunter stared wide-eyed at the man in the tactical vest and camo pants, then at the motionless hunter on the floor, and then at the perpetually-angry Pinsir. He opened his mouth to scream, but was cut off by a screeching "KREEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" from the top of the tower.

Now, when a person like this realizes that they are trapped, they tend to do irrational things. Instead of going back upstairs to inform the others of an intruder, his mind was so set on escaping that he called his Pokemon out to remove the obstacle before him.

That Pokemon was a ridiculously cute snake-like Pokemon with a blue body and white belly. It squealed happily upon being freed from its spherical metallic prison, but when it saw the Pinsir in front of it, it tried to look angry. Remembering what the Cue Ball had said about "not having a dragon yet", Neiteio figured that the little Pokemon was some sort of baby dragon.

Frustrated that he had been found, Neiteio redirected his anger into a more aggressive battle approach. Instead of waiting for the opponent to move first and then countering, Neiteio gave the first order: "Goliath, Brick Break."

Goliath ran up to the Dratini and punched it into the floor with enough force to crack the stone floor tiles. Knowing that Pinsir are best at close-quarters combat, Neiteio didn't plan on letting that Dratini escape, and followed up with, "Wrap it now."

Both Goliath and his Trainer were somewhat surprised when the hunter shouted "Wrap it back!"

Dratini stretched out its body and squirmed out of Goliath's grip, reversing the situation by wrapping its tail around Goliath's midsection. Neiteio responded to this by ordering a Revenge attack. Goliath didn't respond immediately, but after Dratini had contracted once, he charged angrily at the wall, crushing the Dratini that was Wrapped around him. Realizing the danger Wrap had put him in, the hunter began thinking a bit more clearly and shouted a bit more confidently this time, "Use Dragon Pulse!"

Dratini raised its head and fired a blue-green fireball into Goliath's face. The impact knocked both of them down, but Dratini had the sense to release its Wrap. Both combatants had taken a lot of damage in a short amount of time, and although the Dratini didn't have nearly as much brawn as Goliath, its internal energy allowed it to recover from fatigue much more easily.

Proud as it is, Goliath masked the extent of its injury from Neiteio and stood up sharply, awaiting orders. He didn't have to wait long, because before the Dratini could return to its Trainer's side, Neiteio requested a Seismic Toss. Goliath happily delivered, pinching the Dratini's tail with his horns and swinging it around madly. When the crying Dratini had picked up enough momentum, Goliath flicked his horns and whipped the dragon into the ground.

The hunter flung his hands in the air and returned to his prior frenzy. "No! Use Hyper Beam!"

Dratini quickly coiled itself back up as a bright orange spark formed in its mouth.

Now although Neiteio hadn't studied Pokemon in his earlier years, he knew exactly what Hyper Beam meant. Ordering Goliath to attack would be running into a deathtrap. Harden was useless against non-physical moves...

"Goliath! Go around!"

As Dratini charged its beam, Goliath ran back, past Neiteio and down the ring-shaped corridor. Unable to abort the charge sequence, Dratini blindly fired the Hyper Beam through the aperture wall, hoping to hit its target. The beam tore through the wood and glass, and continued on to smash through the far stone wall of the tower. With so much destructive force, Neiteio could only hope...

Goliath suddenly turned the corner and appeared behind the hunter, slightly dusty from the debris from the broken wall, but relatively unharmed: the target had not been hit! While Dratini recovered from the massive energy expenditure, Neiteio knew that the battle was won. "End it with another Brick Break!"

Not seeing Goliath, the hunter jumped in fear when Goliath rushed past him. Dratini sat helpless while the beetle mustered his strength into another crushing vertical blow.

Neiteio took his cue to continue on to the next floor, but as he passed the hunter, he said under his breath, "Run, and don't let me catch you."

The hunter obeyed, scurrying along the ground and picking up his Dratini along the way.

As Neiteio watched the two run, he couldn't help but thinking, "Damn that felt good."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back