• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Les Amis - Animated Short

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
Hopefully this is the right thread to share art, let me know if there is a more appropriate board.

Hello! I've been around for some time now but never joined, I am really glad to put a first step into this community! This thread is not Pokémon explicitely related, but I think some of you might appreciate as it is heavily Nintendo/platformer inspired (Banjo-Kazooie, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario with a sparkle of Pokémon (the music mostly!))! This was my first animated short I directed for my final graduation in 2D animation which is pretty old by now (10 years old!) but hopefully you guys enjoy or draw inspiration out of it!

In any case, feel free if you have any questions or comments, I will be glad to answer!

Last edited:
Years
had to copy the link and paste it on my browser because clicking it leads me to an error page heh. you can just use the

but like, wow i love that art style! and the music used is really good too, fits the world really well heh. where'd you get inspiration for these characters?" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
had to copy the link and paste it on my browser because clicking it leads me to an error page heh. you can just use the

but like, wow i love that art style! and the music used is really good too, fits the world really well heh. where'd you get inspiration for these characters?" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
I love it, the animation looks so crisp!

Also I love how the characters have tons of exaggeration in them, very 90's cartoon style!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I absolutely cannot get over how talented some of this forum's userbase is. What a fun, colorful, expressive, and delightful animation. I can't wait to see more from you!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
I love it, the animation looks so crisp!

Also I love how the characters have tons of exaggeration in them, very 90's cartoon style!

Thank you, really glad you appreciated it!

I absolutely cannot get over how talented some of this forum's userbase is. What a fun, colorful, expressive, and delightful animation. I can't wait to see more from you!

Wow, what a flattering comment, that is highly appreciated, really! Here is my Youtube channel if you are interested in seeing more: https://www.youtube.com/user/OlivierBrisson/videos

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
DINO - 3D Animated Short Film

Hey guys!

Following my previous thread about my first animated short film "Les Amis", here is my second animated short, in 3D this time. It has been done as part of my graduation project in 3D Animation which was 8 years ago already. It is again heavily inspired by Rareware old N64 platformer games as well as some Nintendo IP (Mario Galaxy for exemple). Hopefully some of you will appreciate or maybe even being inspired by it!

In any case, feel free if you have any questions or comments, I will be glad to answer!

Years
another short and sweet masterpiece! love that it still has your signature style and translates so well to 3D. tell me, how long does something like this take to make? and which parts of the process are the most tedious to do?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
another short and sweet masterpiece! love that it still has your signature style and translates so well to 3D. tell me, how long does something like this take to make? and which parts of the process are the most tedious to do?

Thank you for the good words here! That is really appreciated! It took me about 2 years as a school graduation project, a lot of time went into it! I'd say the hardest part with 3D is the pre-production, it take a long time before you can see a good looking product, you work a long time into boring and grey softwares before it starts looking like something. After that it is all candy and joy but yeah, pre-production is actually pretty tedious for me!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
Bill N Back - 7min Animated Series Pilot Episode

Hey guys!

Still in the line of my previous posts about my first 2 animated short films "Les Amis" and "DINO", here is a 7 minutes pilot episode that I directed and produced entirely independently. The pilot is pretty much a combination of the 2D and 3D skills I learned with my 2 previous animated films. hope you guys enjoy and/or draw inspiration out of it!

If you are interested to learn more about the series concept, I invite you to visit the official website which display more information about the show:

[url]WWW.BILLNBACK.COM[/URL]

A7XoBZsl.jpg

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Hello olibriss, welcome to the forums! :]
It's really nice to see a filmmaker in our studio and I will have to look at your short films some day! Just letting you know I have merged your threads together since you are only allowed one Showcase thread at a time. If you have anymore videos to share then feel free to add them to this thread. Thank you!

Back