• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Play Monster Party (One Off #3 - Chapter 1)

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
  • 9k32USh.png

Really, this one speaks for itself.

Say hello to Monster Party, a unique game in the NES's lineup that's primarily remembered for its bizarre nature and what it could have had. Monster Party is interesting in that it tries to be a tribute to B-horror and movie monsters in general while delivering its own unique charm. I mean, just look at this box art.

Monster_Party_Box.JPG

Not only is this great art, but it sets the tone of what we're getting into. Since I've already kicked off the spook season with The Haunt, I feel it would be a perfect time to play this - on top of reliving some of my memories from like 2007 or so because I discovered Monster Party via Trsrockin Rose's retro game reviews and just thinking about that time really takes me back.

Without further ado, let's do the monster mash. Hit it!

9e82686857fb580fce5a254d172714375a878cba_r.gif

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter 1 - Into the World of Monsters[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/FONT]

Spoiler:

Back